• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Woman's Biathalon

A) Some Most of these girls are hotties.
B) It appears as though you do need to be able to ski, but if you can't shoot you fer sure got nothin'
C) Friggin steel. Seems as though what sport it is doesn't matter.....you miss that first one your going to be there for while missing the crap out of the rest of them.

hottie.jpg

Last edited:
A tough sport of two conflicting sports. XC skiing is is tough enough, but then try to get your heart, lungs and mind to calm down enough shoot well prone.

Now I'm wondering why we dont have an equivalent sport where you trail run with a rifle. Hell, make it "accessible" and do it with wheelchairs. Ooh, maybe have a subcategory for wheelchairs with turret mounted rifles for those that can't properly hold a long gun.

There is an active biathlon group at Harvard Sportsmen’s Club. For practices you can chose your activity to get your heart rate up. They haven’t had much snow to work with this year. They have beginners to some competitive at national level.

A tough sport of two conflicting sports. XC skiing is is tough enough, but then try to get your heart, lungs and mind to calm down enough shoot well prone.

Now I'm wondering why we dont have an equivalent sport where you trail run with a rifle. Hell, make it "accessible" and do it with wheelchairs. Ooh, maybe have a subcategory for wheelchairs with turret mounted rifles for those that can't properly hold a long gun.

Monadnock used to have the “Excrutiathlon”, which combined trail running, physical labor tasks, and tacticool shooting.

There also used to be the “Hora Dolor” (Hour of Pain) at.....Templeton? Same basic format.

Outside of those two bygone events, I’m not sure any other “summer biathlon” options exist.

One of my 2 favorite winter olympic events. My son and I watch it every time.

The anti-gun crowd must really wet their pants over this activity. People skiing around the woods with a sniper rifle strapped to their back, stopping a few times to shoot at targets. Most of the time there's a grandstand seating with spectators cheering them on at the finish line.

There was a club that had one that was Primitive: Snowshoes, and BP rifles.

Of course, that means snow....[laugh]
Oooh, the JeremiahJohnson-a-thon!

Well, there's also:
Area in Finland where my Mom is from, with KIDS skiing around with rifles:

Then there is this:

TODAY!!!!:

Another one for you:
636520801758390042-Diggins-Preview1.jpg
636520802053699935-Caldwell-Sochi2.jpg

There was a club that had one that was Primitive: Snowshoes, and BP rifles.

Of course, that means snow....[laugh]
There was a whole circuit of these events throughout new England at one time. I thought about checking one out but never had the time. There were two divisions.

Primitive and modern hunter

Primitive had to be wooden snowshoes and flintlock and they wore period clothing....buckskin and all that.

Modern was inline muzzle loader allowed with scope or red dot etc.....could use modern snowshoes made of aluminum etc....they all dressed in modern hunting clothes Iike Johnson wool or modern camo.

The courses ranged in length but we're a few miles. Stops along the way to shoot steel targets. Looked pretty damn cool.

There was a whole circuit of these events throughout new England at one time. I thought about checking one out but never had the time. There were two divisions.

Primitive and modern hunter

Primitive had to be wooden snowshoes and flintlock and they wore period clothing....buckskin and all that.

Modern was inline muzzle loader allowed with scope or red dot etc.....could use modern snowshoes made of aluminum etc....they all dressed in modern hunting clothes Iike Johnson wool or modern camo.

The courses ranged in length but we're a few miles. Stops along the way to shoot steel targets. Looked pretty damn cool.
Sounds cool. I'd be interested in trying to get one of these at our club if you do it again.

Meanwhile,
800px-Soviet_tracks_during_chase.jpg

I think Friday or yesterday was "Winter War Day".

NES had the Excruciathlon. A bunch of hotties covered in mud.

Sounds cool. I'd be interested in trying to get one of these at our club if you do it again.

Meanwhile,
800px-Soviet_tracks_during_chase.jpg

I think Friday or yesterday was "Winter War Day".

you must be thinking March 13 ... that's when Finn delegation traveled to Moscow and on their knees begged Stalin to take 10% of their country and end the war.

There is a photo of people (Finns) at a train station reading the news and crying, not from joy, from shame and WTF. When you pick a fight with 500# gorilla, you'll loose no matter how much resistance you put up. Moscow alone had more people than entire Finland or their supply of ammo.

Harvard Sportsmen Club and Pemigewasset Fish and Game in Holderness, NH both have regular amateur biathlon races. During the winter they are proper biathlons on skis and during other times they do run/bike biathlons. This cross country ski season sucked unfortunately. I learned how to ski as a student in Finland and it's by far my favorite witner sport and has mostly replaced downhill skiing for me. Biathlon is such a fun and unique sport, I just wish the ridiculous import ban on Russian guns would be lifted because Izmash makes nice, affordable biathlon rifles while Anschutz biathlon rifles cost a fortune. For an amateur like me, an Anschutz is unnecessary.

Harvard Sportsmen Club and Pemigewasset Fish and Game in Holderness, NH both have regular amateur biathlon races. During the winter they are proper biathlons on skis and during other times they do run/bike biathlons. This cross country ski season sucked unfortunately. I learned how to ski as a student in Finland and it's by far my favorite witner sport and has mostly replaced downhill skiing for me. Biathlon is such a fun and unique sport, I just wish the ridiculous import ban on Russian guns would be lifted because Izmash makes nice, affordable biathlon rifles while Anschutz biathlon rifles cost a fortune. For an amateur like me, an Anschutz is unnecessary.
biathlon guns are pretty pricey.
Cheapest straight pull I can think of is browning Tbolt or
Although the time your done setting them up your still looking at $2k

You don't need a competition rifle if you just want to do this for fun. Maybe this is something that can happen around New England. It has to be a Marlin, Ruger, Savage, or Remington factory rifle (10/22, 597, etc.), and just "regular guys" doing this for fun. Why do people always have to monkey it up and turn it into these elitist things?

I dunno. If your just attending an event for fun, what do you care what the other person is shooting? Is it only fun if everybody else is using the same level of equipment that you are using? Kind of reverse discrimination IMHO. Some folks get as much enjoyment out of the gear as using it.

You don't need a competition rifle if you just want to do this for fun. Maybe this is something that can happen around New England. It has to be a Marlin, Ruger, Savage, or Remington factory rifle (10/22, 597, etc.), and just "regular guys" doing this for fun. Why do people always have to monkey it up and turn it into these elitist things?
That would be cool. Im so out of shape it would not matter how nice my gear is anyway!

biathlon guns are pretty pricey.
Cheapest straight pull I can think of is browning Tbolt or
Although the time your done setting them up your still looking at $2k

I've just used my CZ455 Lux but it isn't set up with the proper harness so I don't ski with it. It just sat on the rack near the shooting area like in summer biathlon. The best budget option is from Lost Nation in Vermont. They build pretty nice biathlon set ups using Savage Mark II-FVs. Not a fortner action but I doubt it it matters much for an amateur and you can be totally set up for around $1k. I'm seriously considering one of these but I've already spent more than I intended to on firearms in 2020 since moving from MA to NH last year.

Back
Top Bottom