Winter War Russian/Finnish Fire&Ice

Talvisota showed up in the mailbox two days after I ordered it. Dropped everything and watched it last night. WOW! That was incredible! I was never unfortunate enough to be subject to an artillery barrage while in the army, but I can imagine this was pretty close to what it looks like. Only negatives - model planes with their jerky, unrealistic flight movements, and the Finn who seemed to be manually operating his semi-automatic captured SVT-40 (or maybe it was jammed every time!)

Not for the squeemish, some nudity, but alot of things blowing up. GREAT movie!

Thanks for the tip, Milsurps!

March 13 was the day they signed the "Russian Peace".

Click Here

I had an uncle with Russian shrapnel in his shoulder, and he and my great-uncle both served in that and the Continuation War.

Ordered mine today!!! Cant wait. I will watch it with my M28 by my side[wink]

Ordered the DVD, they charged my CC and NO DVD. It does say allow three weeks for delivery but I have a bad feeling this will be one DVD that wont be coming anytime soon[frown]

Last edited:
this M39 might have been there.

39.jpg

I'm never going to be able to commit all these details to memory. I have one with a stacked front sight and a very sweet trigger but has the newer rear sight.

7b042a04.jpg

e3be412f.jpg

I watched one of the Finn movies years ago. Tough people who enjoyed their work at times.

I even read a few jokes by some Finish posters but I always mess up the punch line.

..MJ..

Back
Top Bottom