• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Windham Weaponry Ar15 Review.

I wanted to buy one and emailed them 2 weeks ago, asking if they'd do specific things to it-never heard back. They must be too busy to make a sale. I wanted to keep my money local and support the company. Guess not.

I have been in contact with Windham Arms and they do not sell directly to the public, you have to go to a dealer. They also will not allow tours of their facilities.

Why is there so much mystery surrounding WW? I thought they were basically rebranded Bushmasters, made by the same people in the same factory after BM sold the name off and waited for the do-not-compete clauses to expire.

I don't know if it is so much "mystery" as it is "value". It seems to be a great gun for a great price.

I want to get a MA Compliant model, seems Four Seasons is the way to go for price, but I wish they offered one with 1/7twist, Mil spec buffer tube, etc, like STAG does. A few extra bucks, but it may be worth it.

Picked one up a week ago. 600 rounds down the pipe without issue. 2 inch grouping at 50 yards with a bushnell trophy red dot free standing (aka cheap, relatively speaking red dot). Fit and finish IMHO is very nice. Looking forward to loading my own rounds and seeing how it performs.

I bought an ww 15 and it shoots awesome.. But I wanna but a scope on it but I think the front sight might be in the way.. Any ideas on what kind of gas break I should buy or modify the front sight?

Picked up the 20" barreled Varmiter from WW. What a sweet rifle. Put on a Nikon Scope, and just put 200 rds through it, and it was flawless. Less recoil than i thought as well. Really well made from what i can tell.

I just picked up an their M4A4 variant. I'll be taking it out for its test run Thursday, but after having taken it apart and seeing the construction I have a very good feeling. I already did some tweeking as well.

I think I figured out what I'll be buying for my first ar, when the time comes.

I have over 800 flawless rounds through mine. Have shot Remington, Federal, and Winchester from 25 to 100 yds, rapid and slow fire. Very happy with this rifle. Using both factory 10 rnd and pre-ban 20 rnd mags with zero issues. Looking to buy a Leuphold AR scope to go out to 300 yds.

Last edited:
Since I was the op I'll update this. My ww has about 3500 rounds through it now with no visible signs of abnormal wear at all. I always clean and lube it thoroughly. It runs well and is very very accurate.

If I had one complain at all it would be the trigger, it's a little gritty but this could be upgraded no problem. I still love this one very much. I'm very happy with the decision I made.

If I had one complain at all it would be the trigger, it's a little gritty but this could be upgraded no problem. I still love this one very much. I'm very happy with the decision I made.

I agree, mine was very gritty out of the box, I have been hosing it down with one shot to clear out all the oil and it has gotten much better... still have a long way to go to break it in

I agree, mine was very gritty out of the box, I have been hosing it down with one shot to clear out all the oil and it has gotten much better... still have a long way to go to break it in

I agree too but not a show stopper.

Back
Top Bottom