• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Windham Weaponry Ar15 Review.

I bought one of these at the beginning of the month. At 100 yards I can keep a quarter sized group in 20+mph winds. I haven't been to the range on a calm day yet. I was looking for a Bushmaster, S&W, or a Rock River. I found the Windham Weaponry one and the price was very right so I figured since it is the same guys from the former Bushmaster camp, why not. I have 3 Bushmasters so I know they are good. I added an Trijicon ACOG to mine which I love. I haven't shot it at 200 yards yet and don't expect a target rifle from it. I have one for exactly that. I also don't need all that Mass compliant crap with mine so it isn't there. I don't know how you guys deal with it.

The only thing I don't like is the trigger. I'm used to two stage competition triggers and the stock one is just too heavy. I might have to get a slide fire stock for it too. [smile]

IMG_3444.jpg

Do they sell the compliant upper only? Thinking about finishing the NES lower group buy lower(s) that way.

IM not sure if they do or not, however, you should be able to get it sent to you, and have a comp welded on to it. I know they sell the complete uppers. Im just loving my complete rifle from them.

Now they do:

http://www.windhamweaponry.com/shopexd.asp?id=182

http://www.windhamweaponry.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=4&cat=Upper+Receivers+/+Parts

Last edited:

I got mine from C and F in Middleboro for $840 a little over a month ago. Love the rifle. Put about 500 rounds through it with no issues what so ever. Just waiting for my preban 30's to come in so I don't have to reload as much at the range :)

Thanks, it looks like an excellent AR. I'm just not sure if it's up to par with the Stag Model 3. They are different rifles though so I guess it's apples and oranges.

Just picked up one of these from Four Seasons. It was $729, and they took 2% off because I paid cash. First time there and they took care of me big time. Really impressed - I'm definitely going back soon. Overall it was just a great shopping experience, they were all awesome to deal with. To bad I live an hour and a half away, probably for the better though. I spent $1,000 in all of five minutes. Definitely giving them more business in the future !
WW.jpg

Was up to SL Gun shop a couple of weeks ago looking to trade some guns for a Colt 911. I did find a pre-ban one and purchased it, but before leaving threw down a deposit on this WW Ar-15. I also added a Leupold 3-9 X40 VX-R scope. I'll be picking up the AR this week. Can't wait to shoot it.
attachment.php

Does anybody's have the flag engraving on the right side of the magwell? Or is this Cabela's photo just their way of saying "made in the USA..."

s7_291500_444_01

(And, yeah--they supposedly have them at Cabela's now.)

Lonely man replying to his own post, I know. Sad.

Anyhow, apparently these flag-etched models are the ones WW makes for Cabela's to support the Paralyzed Veterans of America.

Mark speaks about it around 2:33 in the video at SHOT Show.

[video=vimeo;41920021]http://vimeo.com/41920021[/video]

Looking at a first AR. have been to various sites, and read thousand(s) of posts. More educated but also more confused.

Was going to pull the trigger on a SW at 4seasons, then saw this thread. This is not much more than the SW, I am wondering if someone could give me differences or why this is better. I am willing to spend a bit more if it is better/more reliable, etc. Reliability is probably tops on my list.

I have a SW AR22 which is tons of fun and is pretty tough so far. Heard good things about the SW for $650. Thanks for any input.

Why is there so much mystery surrounding WW? I thought they were basically rebranded Bushmasters, made by the same people in the same factory after BM sold the name off and waited for the do-not-compete clauses to expire.

Don't know about the above, thanks for that info, however still want to know how it compares to the SW whether it is new model or a bushmaster. Thanks.

I got mine from C and F in Middleboro for $840 a little over a month ago. Love the rifle. Put about 500 rounds through it with no issues what so ever. Just waiting for my preban 30's to come in so I don't have to reload as much at the range :)

$840 with the red dot sight? If so, that is really awesome!

Back
Top Bottom