• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Windham Weaponry Ar15 Review.

Ok So I purchased my new WW15 from State Line last week. A little background, I sold my bushmaster xm15-e2s with the intention of building my own AR. I took a trip to State Line for some other goodies and saw the WW15. They had the NY Model (read mass compliant) in a flat top upper with a railed gas block no fixed from sight post. This was exactly what I wanted. Since most of my experience is with a bushmaster i figured how could I go wrong than buy from the original makers. (MY Bush was manufactured in Windham Maine.)

So I installed a Troy Folding front battle sight and a Magpul rear flip up battle sight. I took it to the range after sighting it in it shot dead on at 50 and 100yrds with iron sights no problem, and shot about 1 1/2 low at 25 yards. Close enough for me anyways. Then I installed an Eotech xps2-0. Great decision I absolutely love it, although I have to say it was so far off out of the box I had to shoot at an 8 foot wide piece of cardboard to find where my shots where hitting. Got that all sighted in and man am I happy. My WW is more accurate than my Old Bushamster BY FAR!!! Part of this is due to it being lighter and easier for me to shoot off hand. I always found my Bushamster to be a little heavy for a Carbine model. Wherever the sights are when the thing goes bang is where it hits. My Range is only 100 yards but I would love to give this thing a longer shot to see how much bullet drop I would get. Long range doesn't really matter because thats not what this one is for, but I sure am happy. After getting her all sighted in, I went and set up some of those Zombie splattering targets. I was able to transition between them flawlessly, thanks Eotech, and put all my rounds on the paper. Everything inside seems to be very well made. Comes with Gobs and Gobs of oil from the factory. The only concern I had and I doubt this is a big deal, I was able to remove the hand guards with no tool and using one hand on the Delta Ring. Its tight and should hold the guards in place, I just dont know if it will loosen up. I doubt it will, and It was also a positive that I didn't need a tool or my wife to help remove the hand guards. So far I have run just over 280 rounds through it of federal bulk ammo, both 223 and 556 bulk packs. It ran flawlessly.

I would def. recommend anyone who wants to buy an AR check out the WW. Its light, smooth, soft shooting, and seems to be really high quality for a good price. Mine was $845 out the door thanks NH with No sales Tax.

[pics]

Could you take a shot of the XPS2-0 from the rear, over the buttstock (kind of 1st person if you will). Everytime I look at the XPS EoTech's they seem like they are SUPER-Wide?

Just want to see how it looks from that POV. Thanks!

I'll see what I can come up with. Cell phone pics are not that great. Won't show much detail on the bcg. I can say mounted on the rifle the eotech is seen less. I don't find it wide at all and if you get one you will live it.

I wanted to buy one and emailed them 2 weeks ago, asking if they'd do specific things to it-never heard back. They must be too busy to make a sale. I wanted to keep my money local and support the company. Guess not.

I wanted to buy one and emailed them 2 weeks ago, asking if they'd do specific things to it-never heard back. They must be too busy to make a sale. I wanted to keep my money local and support the company. Guess not.

There are a lot of dealers that have a few in stock. Im sure if you wanted to look at one you could find it.

Bobs Gun and Archery in Webster had one left plus some Stags also. I picked up a WW-15 from him yesterday.
It came with the Ace Skeleton stock, front and rear Arms 71L flip up sights.

Sent from my RootedDroid X on GB .602

Nice write up. When I installed the Eotech 512 I found it easiest to use the irons to get the dot close. I'm thinking about a XPS 2 but I like the convenience of AA batteries. Don't worry about being able to remove the handguards from delta ring without the tool. I haven't come across one that I couldn't ape grip off (although Stag springs are strong). I too have a Bushy from Windham and it can take a beating. Do an update after a few thousand rounds to let us know how it holds up.

Looks pretty decent...Shoot the hell out of it and keep us posted. Is your barrel 1:9 or 1:7?

Its one 1:9 right now I dont think they offer anything else. Since I wont be using anything too heavy in this one its perfect. I plan on sticking mostly to 55gr or 62gr right now so shouldnt be a problem. I will keep this post going with updates as things come up.

LEt me know what time youre going, I have that FA10 in the car for you. I have to go to ym club and do some demo but I can head up there after that.

Another review of the WW MPC in the May 2012 Guns & Weapons magazine, pages 18 through 24.

gwle-may-2012.jpg

I got out of work and it was ridiculously warm, so I finally drove the new WW M4A4 over to the range. I only put 100 rounds (Federal 5.56 62 gr) through it, so I know there's nothing to comment on really, but I love it.

I don't know why I am infatuated with guns that shoot dead center at 100 yards "out of the box" but I am.

I suppose the only disappointment was, well, it doesn't tickle my shoulder like that Mosin.

P3060401.jpg P3060399.jpg P3060400.jpg

Attachments

• P3060397.jpg
    P3060397.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Glad to see they are back/still in business. I drove up there in 1992 and bought two right from the factory when they were Bushmaster. They have performed well for me and I have a preban bushy lower looking for it's mate.

They have quite a few of these at Manchester Firing Line as well. I think they were $885, but they weren't the mass compliant ones. I almost got one, but I had never heard of the company so I waited. I guess I will be going back tomorrow to get one.

Do they sell the compliant upper only? Thinking about finishing the NES lower group buy lower(s) that way.

Do they sell the compliant upper only? Thinking about finishing the NES lower group buy lower(s) that way.

IM not sure if they do or not, however, you should be able to get it sent to you, and have a comp welded on to it. I know they sell the complete uppers. Im just loving my complete rifle from them.

IM not sure if they do or not, however, you should be able to get it sent to you, and have a comp welded on to it. I know they sell the complete uppers. Im just loving my complete rifle from them.

You already know I agree with jmh.

To save you a click or two.

[C&F in Middleboro has quite a few of these in stock as well.]
How can you deal with that A hole?

I have made a few purchases from John and have always had good experiences along with fairly competitive prices. Are you sure you aren't thinking of The Middleboro Gun Shop?

Back
Top Bottom