• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wife objects to carry in church

I carry in the hopes I never have to use my right of self defense, but I do not want to be in a situation that I am not able to defend my loved ones or myself, and it doesn't matter where it may be, as long as it is legal for me to carry there, and then some.
Christians are and have been a target for thousands of years, what better place to strike than a Sunday morning at 7:30am when the church has many targets and news highlights to scare the rest of the sheeple.

I just have to wonder why so many women are so irrational and illogical.

It is the height of stupidity to think that church is some sort of sanctuary from evil.

There is only one sanctuary from evil and it is not in this world.

It ain't just women, dude.

I carry in the hopes I never have to use my right of self defense, but I do not want to be in a situation that I am not able to defend my loved ones or myself, and it doesn't matter where it may be, as long as it is legal for me to carry there, and then some.
Christians are and have been a target for thousands of years, what better place to strike than a Sunday morning at 7:30am when the church has many targets and news highlights to scare the rest of the sheeple.

Wow, nice triple-tap! LOL!

I'm a female, & I carry everywhere, including at church. Remind her that you're one of the good guys (probably...I don't know you personally, but I'll assume that you are), & that you only do it to defend you, her, & your offspring from potential harm. Show her the news articles from recent church shooters, some of whom were taken down by lawfully armed citizens.

If that fails, tell her to get in the kitchen & shut up, & that you're a grown man & you'll do as you see fit. [grin] Really, I'm not kidding. You should probably do this step first, because she clearly doesn't trust you or respect your decisions.
I love you!

If that fails, tell her to get in the kitchen & shut up, & that you're a grown man & you'll do as you see fit. [grin] Really, I'm not kidding. You should probably do this step first, because she clearly doesn't trust you or respect your decisions.

This, though there isn't any need to play the old "get back in the kitchen" card. The point stands on its own, and there's no need to rouse that silly dead horse.

One night when your wife is sleeping,creep into the kitchen..Be careful not to disturb your sleeping wife.Judging by the premise of this thread,if you wake her you will have a hard time explaining what you are doing in the middle of the night..awake.Maybe you can say something like you didn't want to wake her up to ask permission to take a piss,use your best judgment.

Go into her purse and get the keys to the place where she keeps your balls locked up.

Carefully grab your balls out of the formaldehyde and place them in a Ziplock baggie so they don't dry out.Replace the balls you took from the jar with a couple of grapes or something,use your imagination.Now,go to the sink and wash the preserving solution off your balls,then place your balls back in the baggy and sprinkle some baby powder on them so they don't irritate you when you do the next step.

Re-attach your balls.

Now that you have your balls back you will find that you don't need to ask your wife for permission to common things like talk to your friends,watch TV,or in your case carry a gun.

Pretty simple right ?

I'm pretty sure that in MA there's an old law still on the books that says men must carry guns to church (to protect the women and children), or something of the sort. Not kidding.

Found it in MA. [smile]

That's not in MGL or CMR anywhere. They may be quoting an ordinance/bylaw or an old law that's no longer on the books. They sometimes twist the laws when they publish them in those types of settings to make them appear to say something they don't.

I carry at church, She hasn't asked I don't tell.

Same goes for everywhere else I go, I rather suprise her if I have to save her life.

If you conceal well no one knows.

Yep, same here...I don't think my wife knows I even own an LCP and even less chance she knows I carry...she most likely doesn't even care.

Yep, same here...I don't think my wife knows I even own an LCP and even less chance she knows I carry...she most likely doesn't even care.

She probably knows, but may not care or doesn't want to argue about it. I had a safe that I had 'hidden' in a bedroom closet under some laundry for a year, I thought it was ingenious until I got an insurance policy I need to put in a safe place, she commented, 'Why not put it in your laundry safe'?

My prego wife gets her LTC in a few weeks and she'll be carrying everywhere with the PPk that i got for her/me! Especially in the churches nursery. Don't tell our pediatrician
[smile][smile]

She probably knows, but may not care or doesn't want to argue about it. I had a safe that I had 'hidden' in a bedroom closet under some laundry for a year, I thought it was ingenious until I got an insurance policy I need to put in a safe place, she commented, 'Why not put it in your laundry safe'?

[laugh] I got a chuckle out of that one...there isn't much we can put past the queen of the domain, is there?

I'm pretty sure that in MA there's an old law still on the books that says men must carry guns to church (to protect the women and children), or something of the sort. Not kidding.

Found it in MA. [smile]

http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/massachusetts

That means you don't even need the backpack, people. [laugh]

That's not in MGL or CMR anywhere. They may be quoting an ordinance/bylaw or an old law that's no longer on the books. They sometimes twist the laws when they publish them in those types of settings to make them appear to say something they don't.

It was on the books until 2003 when it was repealed.

What type of church has a kid's department and a security team?

By kids' department I'm assuming you mean Sunday school/daycare/nursery type settings. Every church I've been to has that to some degree.

Security teams are very common at the big ones aka "mega churches," for various reasons it's kept quiet at many. Jerry Falwell had an entourage of bodyguards when he was alive, Billy Graham is better protected than many politicians and judges. Some churches just coordinate their staff to secure doors, whisk away the offering, have a parking lot/childcare lookouts with radios, and similar security-type duties. Others hire police details or contract the services of armed guards throughout the week; in some states that's the only way to legally have guns in a "house of worship." It makes sense when you consider how much money moves through, and the services that some churches provide. There are fistfights in line at dinners for the homeless, homosexual PDA protests, thefts from vehicles or the offering baskets, shootings, etc. Some couples hired security when gay marriages were first being performed in Mass. to keep the cops out of their ceremonies.

It was on the books until 2003 when it was repealed.

What was the cite for the law before it was repealed?

Last edited:
Carrying IN church is just a means of resting the gun between trips to and from, which is where you are MOST LIKELY to be needing the gun.

However, just having the gun on your hip doesn't do the exercise justice.

You should be practicing bad guy scenarios, and removing the gun from your holster with suit on, sitting in pew, etc.... I suggest making arrangements with the elders of said church, to allow you to practice said training exercises while there's no one there, but while sitting in the pew.

I keep telling people, it's one thing to have the security of the gun with you. It's another to be able to get the gun in your hand quickly, should the need arise. And, the only way to do that is to practice. However, it would be concerning to your wife and others around you to be practicing QUICK DRAW techniques during the service..... So, maybe a mid week practice session will show the lady of the house that you aren't an over zealous oaf, and that you really do care about her and her safety by practicing in the real situation.

You should also practice drawing your gun from the drivers position in your car. Do that in your garage or driveway, rather than during rush hour traffic. It's amazing how stressful it can be to realize that your car is being "JACKED", and your seat belt is preventing you from drawing your gun to shoot the bad guy.

Practice, practice, practice. And, the Lord will grant you peace.

I get a LOT of hugs from the lady in my life, and the usual comment is: "Is that your gun, or are you just happy to see me?" I always tell her........ "BOTH!"

Last edited:
Tell her you need it in case the lord calls upon you to rise up and smite Satan's minions.

Last edited:
I would tell her that you want to protects God's precious gift of life. Hers, yours and your family. You hope to never use it, but God does help those who help themselves.

Back
Top Bottom