• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ed Markey co-authors bill to prevent having armed church security

My church is starting a school in September.
I'll need to have a conversation with my pastor about what that means for those of us that carry.
Definitely want the school since we need good affordable education for people not willing to give over their children to an evil state but I don't want to be disarmed at church either.

Every time this jerkoff crawls out from under his rock he files something stupid. We have the most embarrassing federal congressmen.
All duly elected by the liberal sheeple of my original home state of 50 + years ago !! And he never returned, no he never returned and his fate is still unknown.... !

Not quite
Look @ your cash

IN GOD WE TRUST
Loop Trump GIF

My church is starting a school in September.
I'll need to have a conversation with my pastor about what that means for those of us that carry.
Definitely want the school since we need good affordable education for people not willing to give over their children to an evil state but I don't want to be disarmed at church either.
Are you talking about a religious "school", or a state certified "school" that actually meets the education requirements for various grade levels. If the later, you will need formal permission from the entity in charge of the school in order to legally carry on your person while on school grounds.

And yet, there is no mention of armed security teams for celebrities, political's or simply people who can afford them but then does it ever?

different.jpg

Are you talking about a religious "school", or a state certified "school" that actually meets the education requirements for various grade levels. If the later, you will need formal permission from the entity in charge of the school in order to legally carry on your person while on school grounds.
It is a a private, parochial school so it turns the church campus to a gun free zone.
BTDT at a previous church.
Will be looking for formal permission to carry at church and while serving at a minimum.
Good thing is the lead pastor is pro 2a

It is a a private, parochial school so it turns the church campus to a gun free zone.
BTDT at a previous church.
Will be looking for formal permission to carry at church and while serving at a minimum.
Good thing is the lead pastor is pro 2a
Good luck with than.

I am familiar with cases (prior to Bruen) where 100% solid pro-gun people in a position to write "letters of need" relative to their business to enable employees to get unrestricted LTCs responded with various flavors of "I would really like to, but it would look bad if it got out", "is something I don't dare do for fear of angering out VC investors", "exposes the company to liability", "puts my career on the line if something goes wrong as a result of the letter", etc.

The school assumes liability if anything bad happens when a person granted permission to be armed goes wrong (AD/ND, toilet gun abandonment, non-belligerent hit, etc.) but it's much harder to establish liability if a criminal shoots someone. The former will end an administrator's career; the later won't. Plus is some sects the pastor has to answer to superiors.

A rabbi I used to shoot with actually had a clause in his contract "The rabbi will not carry a gun in the temple". Geeze,

Serious question - Since you are involved in the schoolization of the property, will you push for blanket permission "All persons with valid LTCs are allowed to carry", or use the gun controller's approach of "our people are special and have permission, commoners who are not insiders do not"?

Good luck with than.

Serious question - Since you are involved in the schoolization of the property, will you push for blanket permission "All persons with valid LTCs are allowed to carry", or use the gun controller's approach of "our people are special and have permission, commoners who are not insiders do not"?
Yes, I will be pushing for blanket permission for all legal carriers.

The question is do I take my tithe elsewhere if the response is negative.

As far as any citizen's safety and security goes, the Dems aren't displaying any interest of that nationally with completely open borders. It almost leads one to believe that they are all complicit in NOT upholding the oath they swore to promising to protect the US and her citizens as elected. Can't the church put a notice up on the door saying this facility and it's patrons are protected by armed security? And also state Non licensed firearm owners will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Back
Top Bottom