Why I will be carrying at home from now on

You've never been in a fight? I'm sure there have been opportunities. What makes you think you'd have the balls to shoot somebody when you've you've never had the stones to punch somebody in the face?

This is absolutely true in a way.The decision has to be made before any warranted situation arises.If you have any doubt whatsoever of being capable of taking another humans life weather it be physically,emotionally or legally in defense of your own life or another...lock your guns up in the safe only to be taken out for plinking at the range b/c it will get you killed.If you draw your weapon and an attacker get control of it...YOUR DEAD![hmmm]

You've never been in a fight? I'm sure there have been opportunities. What makes you think you'd have the balls to shoot somebody when you've you've never had the stones to punch somebody in the face?

Shooting at someone because one is in fear for their life is a
completely different ballgame compared to (willingly) engaging
in mutual hand to hand combat. There have been numerous
cases where individuals with no prior "fighting" experience have
used a firearm to dramatic effect. (In no way am I saying
thats an optimal occurence- but it does happen... there's no
beating around that bush. )

I agree that, yeah, there are people who probably could not use
a gun to save their own life if the conditions were bad, but these
are people that probably couldn't use any weapon, because they're
still stuck in condition white halfway through the attack- they
spend most of their time in denial because they never even
fathomed the possibility of them having to defend themselves.

Even those who have visualized the possibilities and thought of
what they would do in bad circumstances are 1000 times better
off than the person that goes "that will never happen to me, that
only happens to other people." Training (and real world
experience fighting, whether with fists, guns, or otherwise) is
equally dramatic of a multiplier in terms of survival, if not sometimes
moreso.

-Mike

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more.I have a shepard,lab,and a rott and noone comes near my house.My UPS man rings the doorbell leaves the package and runs back to the truck.It's kinda nice not having to sign.A strange lady rang my doorbell once at about 12pm asking to use my phone.My wife answered the door and by the time I got to the stairs w/ the 12ga. she was gone.My rott went ballistic and she quickly changed her mind about wanting to come in.If the dog is attack trained and the situation escalates you won't need to do much as the dog will do it before you can react.See if he ever comes back then...

My complaint department is headed up by my Rottweiler; talk about "Homeland Security"!

Absolutely - what's wrong with our moderator?!!!!

The correct phrase should be: " I would have knocked the f*** out of him."

Thank you for pointing out this obvious deficiency.

No, no...."knocked him the f*** out" is a perfectly acceptable phrase.

The "f***" in question being used as an embellishment, similar to saying "Get the hell out of here". You're not actually telling someone to collect any stray pieces of hell from the immediate area and disposing of them, but merely putting emphasis on the fact that they should remove themselves from your prescense post haste.

Thus, getting knocked the f*** out implies more urgency and severity than just getting knocked out without "the f***".

[wink]

We definitely don't want a discussion about using attack dogs, guns and other means to inflict severe bodily injury or death on some deserving person to become polluted with fowl language, or even worse, poor grammar.

Ken

We definitely don't want a discussion about using attack dogs, guns and other means to inflict severe bodily injury or death on some deserving person to become polluted with fowl language, or even worse, poor grammar.

Ken

I agree with Ken, we really have to modify our language while we talk about killing and maiming.

How about a little class here?!! [rofl]

In respect to dogs... Our sheppeard was not attack trained, just had great protective instincts. In that fact even Lab's have great protective instincts. Having a dog trained is an excellent idea, but most people will avoid a house with a dog period.
My family never had any troubles until our dog passed away. After that we had several incidents and break in's.
My assistant at work lives alone. She has a 6 foot Iguana that is very aggressive with anyone but her. This Iguanna "free roams" the apartment. I dropped her off one night and came in to piss and the god damn thing chased me across the kitchen into the bathroom. I am sure it would freak out anyone sneaking in to her place!

My brother lives in New bedford and had a neighbor of his from two streets over walk in his driveway and told him he was going to "take care of him" if my brothers dog barked again. The dogs that do most of the barking were actualy another house.
So my brother who is more refined than me just ignored him. The next day he went and filed a complaint about the neighbor at the Police station. The Police visited him and its been quiet since.

Here's where someone should insert a comment about half naked men rolling around together. Not me, but someone who isn't afraid to be subject to Derek's motivational posters.[smile]

Here's the comment:

Anyone who has the nuts to bash MMA should do so to the face of anyone who is a serious practicioner/fighter.

I also reccommend that next of kin should be notified. Selling tickets to the event would also be profitable.

Bolstering medical insurance and/or life insurance policies to maximum would also be advised.

A last meal might be in order as well. [wink]

Here's the comment:

Anyone who has the nuts to bash MMA should do so to the face of anyone who is a serious practicioner/fighter.

I also reccommend that next of kin should be notified. Selling tickets to the event would also be profitable.

Bolstering medical insurance and/or life insurance policies to maximum would also be advised.

A last meal might be in order as well. [wink]

What is MMA?

Back
Top Bottom