Why I don't like open carry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Because only people with money should have rights.

I don't like Sigmas either, and cheap nylon holsters are a bad idea, but lack of or divergent taste, aesthetics, and valuations of function vs. price point do not alter one's rights.

I OC a Glock 36 in a custom but understated leather holster. Pray tell, did I drop enough coin to be elevated out of the plebian class and be endowed with the privileged of going armed?

Wow. LOL. Who are you to say what someone should carry? And just to please your eye? Are you mad at people that also drive cars that aren't the same make as yours? [laugh] I give this rant : whiny bitch / 5*

I'm thinking that was supposed to be a repsonse to the OP, and not my post. [laugh]

i'm still not trashing the OP because i straight called him a state-fellator earlier today and he had a wicked good sense of humor about it.

my spidey sense is tingling and i feel as if i am among a kindred spirit. his banana suit is just more subtle than mine.

My feelings would be vastly different, if I was in say....Arizona. I know there are many reasons to open carry around here, I just can't think of any good ones.

Because I am 5'4" and 125 lb so trying to CCW a serious gun is like most men trying to CCW a Stryker - it is difficult, physically taxing, and uncomfortable.

Also. Because &$*# you, that's why. No one has to justify their rights in view of the delicate sensibilities of others.

Just one man's opinion, like it or not. Ive been around guns for a while, my opinions are based on my observations and experiences. I have what I feel is a pretty good assessment of what kind of person choses to open carry in certain places, like public in southern NH for example. Seeing guns in junky holsters reinforces that opinion, and seems to be the norm.

My feelings would be vastly different, if I was in say....Arizona. I know there are many reasons to open carry around here, I just can't think of any good ones.
I open carried all the time in Montana. Springfield XD Fo-Tay in the peice of shit holster that came with the gun.

I open carried all the time in Montana. Springfield XD Fo-Tay in the peice of shit holster that came with the gun.

My XDs OWB isn't that bad actually. It's a thin plastic but hey it works. Whatever it takes to scare the moonbats in NH.

Nicole said it best ^^^ +1

I openly admit to being a gun snob, even if I can't afford high end. I'm more driven by functionality than aesthetics, but there is a line to be drawn somewhere between economical and garbage. It toes the line between sigma and high point, and blackhawk and uncle mikes. That pink holster is GTG all day for style points, ill overlook the fact that its one hard sneeze away from a Tex Grebner or shearing off the mounting screws :p

I openly admit to being a gun snob, even if I can't afford high end. I'm more driven by functionality than aesthetics, but there is a line to be drawn somewhere between economical and garbage. It toes the line between sigma and high point, and blackhawk and uncle mikes. That pink holster is GTG all day for style points, ill overlook the fact that its one hard sneeze away from a Tex Grebner or shearing off the mounting screws :p

AND it was a gift from another member. catmouflage. [smile]

If I could get away with it in Ma, I would oc in an open top kydex with a t shirt that says Come At Me Bro.

I understand OP.... But I am so tired of playing defense. I have zero problems with any OC at this point. Shove the ideals in their faces 24/7

I hate poor people too. [/sarcasm]

Seriously? Not everyone can either afford super nice stuff. Maybe you should just be happy you're surrounded by gun loving people rather than liberal asshats who are crying wolf.

ice-cream-drive-thru.gif

NOM NOM NOM I LOVE THIS THREAAADDDD

I hate poor people too. [/sarcasm]

Seriously? Not everyone can either afford super nice stuff. Maybe you should just be happy you're surrounded by gun loving people rather than liberal asshats who are crying wolf.
Stench is getting bad down there huh? Welcome to MA... [laugh]

So the op is a gun and holster snob its like making fun of someones car or bike. Pretty judgemental really we all arent rich and cant afford top dollar 1911in custom leather. Maybe that guy feels blessed just to afford that sigma and nyloholster or maybe he just doesnt give a fxck what u think.

Me i could care less the only time i giggle at a man open carrying is when its this
y3anuvy7.jpg

So the op is a gun and holster snob its like making fun of someones car or bike. Pretty judgemental really we all arent rich and cant afford top dollar 1911in custom leather. Maybe that guy feels blessed just to afford that sigma and nyloholster or maybe he just doesnt give a fxck what u think.

Me i could care less the only time i giggle at a man open carrying is when its this

Oh come on...some of the murses are worth at least a snicker.

Because seemingly everyone that practices it carries a POS gun in an even bigger POS holster. Like the at the NH Wal-Mart carrying a Sigma in an Uncle Mikes holster. Why, why, why. It really wouldn't bother me if it was a decent gun in a decent holster, but it reinforces my belief that people who open carry in urban/suburban.

So you're shopping at Wal-Mart and complaining about what people are carrying? Really!?!?

That pink holster is GTG all day for style points, ill overlook the fact that its one hard sneeze away from a Tex Grebner or shearing off the mounting screws :p

Mark/Kaisha - Is the underlying structure Ed's handiwork or storebought? Cause the one Ed made me is SOLID. No chance of an oopsie with it.

I don't know about you, But I carry a humble S&W 908 its tried and true thousands of rounds through it and never one FTF, FTE, or any kind of malfunction. I carry this over my nicer more expsensive guns because they way i see it, if I use it in self defence chances are i'm never going to see it again. So I'd rather loose a $400 908 VS a $1,200 1911

Its not about the money, I'd say how much I make but I don't need the pity or laughs....(ok actually I do)
I score most of my holsters out of gun store bins (last true place to find deals!) Or secondhand. Like the Crossbreed super-tuck for a glock at Kittery for $25, or the safariland 6004 for 229 w/light Riley's sold me for $5.
A flimsy nylon holster makes sense for the range, but I would seriously question anyone who would wear it in public, amongst crowds, in arms reach of someone who can curl a 5lb dumbbell. And for the record, the kid I spotted WAS wearing skinny jeans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom