Why I don't like open carry

Status
Not open for further replies.
animated-horse-funny-fight.gif

I just got back from a cafe I was working in. Sitting there, in the middle of kids, mothers, and a bible study. With my g21 in a safariland holster.

You know what? That's what freedom **** yeah feels like bro. Sipping a mochafrappalattechino while thinking about Sam Colt and his sweet mustache.

"It really wouldn't bother me if it was a decent gun in a decent holster, but it reinforces my belief that people who open carry in urban/suburban environments are asshats looking for attention, or deemed unsuitable for a concealed permit. " - said no one with a set of balls, ever. (Balls can be figurative in this case, to allow for the nice ladies with their guns.)

Hey nice lady.

Is OP serious or sarcastic? Seriously, I can't tell. Who gives a **** if its a Sigma in a nylon holster? Could still put a 9mm/.40 hole in you. Multiple, even. What, is he making firearm owners look BAD? How often do YOU have the testicular fortitude to OC?

I have carried my Glock in a Uncle Mikes "flimsy" holster for years.I have rolled over my 4 wheeler while OC and cut a lot of wood, worked underneath trucks and tractors with no problems. I would much rather do that than scuff the hell out of a Mitch Rosen doing the same. I open carry anywhere I want and don't give rats about your opinion on style. If you prefer a nice leather holster for your Lady Smith while your Calvins are around your knees and you're biting the pillow, more power to ya.

Because seemingly everyone that practices it carries a POS gun in an even bigger POS holster. Like the at the NH Wal-Mart carrying a Sigma in an Uncle Mikes holster. Why, why, why. It really wouldn't bother me if it was a decent gun in a decent holster, but it reinforces my belief that people who open carry in urban/suburban environments are asshats looking for attention, or deemed unsuitable for a concealed permit.
I get it, its a personal choice, I just choose not to give up my advantage of surprise, and carry my gun in a flimsy Velcro holster that a relatively weak man or strong child could easily yank off my belt.

WOW, Settle Down There Diaper Rash!!

You should do what your user name says and HUSH!!!

I just got back from a cafe I was working in. Sitting there, in the middle of kids, mothers, and a bible study. With my g21 in a safariland holster.

You know what? That's what freedom **** yeah feels like bro. Sipping a mochafrappalattechino while thinking about Sam Colt and his sweet mustache.

Blasphemy! Thou shalt not think of Samual Colt whilst carrying a Glock!! [grin]

I have carried my Glock in a Uncle Mikes "flimsy" holster for years.I have rolled over my 4 wheeler while OC and cut a lot of wood, worked underneath trucks and tractors with no problems. I would much rather do that than scuff the hell out of a Mitch Rosen doing the same. I open carry anywhere I want and don't give rats about your opinion on style. If you prefer a nice leather holster for your Lady Smith while your Calvins are around your knees and you're biting the pillow, more power to ya.

We've all carried guns in cheap holsters. You realize how dumb you were once you buy a better quality holster like White Hat, Crossbreed, Old Faithful.

I don't know about you, But I carry a humble S&W 908 its tried and true thousands of rounds through it and never one FTF, FTE, or any kind of malfunction. I carry this over my nicer more expsensive guns because they way i see it, if I use it in self defence chances are i'm never going to see it again. So I'd rather loose a $400 908 VS a $1,200 1911

And this is why I picked up a Hi-Point 9C, 2500 rounds through it with no problems. $150.00 VS $500-$900 loss.

That kind of makes my point though, all those activities are ideal for that kind of holster, but standing in line at Walmart with your back to derelicts isn't.

Because seemingly everyone that practices it carries a POS gun in an even bigger POS holster. Like the at the NH Wal-Mart carrying a Sigma in an Uncle Mikes holster. Why, why, why. It really wouldn't bother me if it was a decent gun in a decent holster, but it reinforces my belief that people who open carry in urban/suburban environments are asshats looking for attention, or deemed unsuitable for a concealed permit.
I get it, its a personal choice, I just choose not to give up my advantage of surprise, and carry my gun in a flimsy Velcro holster that a relatively weak man or strong child could easily yank off my belt.

Just for you, I am going to OPEN CARRY my $700 ($900 if I bought it new) S&W 1911PD in my old UNCLE MIKES holster on Saturday when I go to Shooters Outpost and Rileys (I normally CC in my Don Hume Agent 721 OT holster). Then, I am going to visit a friend in Manchvegas OPEN CARRYING in my UNCLE MIKES holster.

How do you like them apples?

Why? Because **** you that's why!

If this thread isn't somehow miraculously locked by Saturday I'll post pics in it.

Last edited:
Sipping a mochafrappalattechino while thinking about Sam Colt and his sweet mustache.

Rep points in bound for being secure enough in your manhood to admit that you sip mochafrappalatajizzzo's.

I would love to try one but have heard your sperm count goes down every time you order one and say it out loud. [laugh]

That kind of makes my point though, all those activities are ideal for that kind of holster, but standing in line at Walmart with your back to derelicts isn't.

But that wasn't your point. If you want a thread about holster selection then start one. You started a thread with the following points:

1. People don't carry what you like, so no rights for them!
2. People who don't carry what you like are asshats and irresponsible.
3. If people carry what you like, then it is okay and you won't begrudge them their privileges.

it doesn't matter how you open carry....what matters if that you conceal carry your extra mag inside your fly to give you nice bulge

Yes, a 1911 in a Milt Sparks would get a whistle and a compliment, a high point in a blackhawk nylon holster with built in mag pouch gets an eye roll and friggin retard under my breath. I'm bigoted, I get it.

I eye roll at the idiot that spent way to much money on an overweight and overly complex piece of late 19th century technology. Low capacity, useless sights in stock form, and a field-stripping procedure that requires three hands. Favored by people who are at the cutting edge of handgun technology and combat shooting…of the 1960s. give me a functional firearm mexican carried anyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom