Why I don't like open carry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because seemingly everyone that practices it carries a POS gun in an even bigger POS holster. Like the at the NH Wal-Mart carrying a Sigma in an Uncle Mikes holster. Why, why, why. It really wouldn't bother me if it was a decent gun in a decent holster, but it reinforces my belief that people who open carry in urban/suburban environments are asshats looking for attention, or deemed unsuitable for a concealed permit.
I get it, its a personal choice, I just choose not to give up my advantage of surprise, and carry my gun in a flimsy Velcro holster that a relatively weak man or strong child could easily yank off my belt.

whoa boy, here we go.

If you don't like open carry, then don't do it. And are you serious that you'd have no problem with OC if it were a high-end pistol in a $200 holster? C'mon.

Guy in my area who open carrys because he was turned down for a concealed permit. One of the only ones the chief has ever shot down.
Attention is not always positive.

This one is gonna be good.... [rofl] We haven't had one of these in awhile...

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone who uses a crappy holster, isn't suitable for a concealed weapons permit??? WTH???

How many user names is Treischl going to come up with. WTH.

whoa boy, here we go.

If you don't like open carry, then don't do it. And are you serious that you'd have no problem with OC if it were a high-end pistol in a $200 holster? C'mon.

No shit. Wow. LOL.

OP Who are you to say what someone should carry? And just to please your eye? Are you mad at people that also drive cars that aren't the same make as yours? [laugh] I give this rant : whiny bitch / 5*

Last edited:
Yes, a 1911 in a Milt Sparks would get a whistle and a compliment, a high point in a blackhawk nylon holster with built in mag pouch gets an eye roll and friggin retard under my breath. I'm bigoted, I get it.

popcorn_2.gif

Open-carry thread. Sweet!

I OC'd my M&P40 in a Galco FLETCH all day yesterday in NH, am I deserving? Even hit a few Walmarts up there....

I think there should be a law that says you have to wear a certain type of holster. That way no one can do anything else. Problem solved.

Just one man's opinion, like it or not. Ive been around guns for a while, my opinions are based on my observations and experiences. I have what I feel is a pretty good assessment of what kind of person choses to open carry in certain places, like public in southern NH for example. Seeing guns in junky holsters reinforces that opinion, and seems to be the norm.

My feelings would be vastly different, if I was in say....Arizona. I know there are many reasons to open carry around here, I just can't think of any good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom