• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why do ak's coast so much?!!

1654 rounds through my AR, hasn't been cleaned yet..... just oiled....
461 through my AK.... not cleaned since i built it.....

3033 rounds through my 10/22, i cleaned it once, after the first 100 rounds or so because i added the auto bolt release plate and did some trigger work.....

clean 'em when they stop running, run patches and snakes and shit down your barrel and you'll wear it out faster than shooting it....

Full Disclosure: i'm former military who used to have to spit shine his damned M16A2 after every range trip..... eff that....

are you using the hammer spring that came with the kit or an aftermarket one?
one of the legs popped of the trigger on mine and the thing wouldn't lock the hammer back... a weak or out of position spring can screw the system up...

Why would a patch wear the barrel out?

Yes they do. I bought an Arsenal SAM7 from them earlier this year, and they will neuter it for you before they ship it. I know a few other folks from MA who have bought stuff from them as well.
just got an email from them and they will ship if the FFL will accept it. will a Mass ffl take it in even though it has a non welded flash hider and bayo lug? also wont ship the high cap mag they said

just got an email from them and they will ship if the FFL will accept it. will a Mass ffl take it in even though it has a non welded flash hider and bayo lug? also wont ship the high cap mag they said[/QUOTE

ask if they would do this to the model your looking at

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/com...sion-for-ak-style-rifles-detail.html?Itemid=0

We will gladly receive non compliant AK's…however, we will need to make them compliant before they are picked up (the purchaser will need to cover that cost).

We will gladly receive non compliant AK's…however, we will need to make them compliant before they are picked up (the purchaser will need to cover that cost).
the vz 2008 from aim surplus is a great rifle. however they would need to be made compliant. but aim won't ship to mass on that rifle. although i think they just haven't had enough experiences dealing with a mass ffl. i know a few people who would want them its just getting them into the state and compliant. is it a possibility y'all can get them in and make them compliant

My only issue is with the corrosive 5.45 ammo. That I actually do clean after every shoot because I don't feel like having the piston rod bind up in the gas tube. If I could find non-corrosive ammo (at corrosive prices) I would be all set.

You need to head up to Collectors in NH. We went after the last Monadnock shoot and I scored Golden Tiger 5.45 for dirt cheap prices.

I gotta check out collectors, then. Its such a bastard to find non corrosive 5.45 around here. I have tons of corrosive but I'm not willing to clean every time I shoot it so I don't shoot my 74 as much as I'd like.

You need to head up to Collectors in NH. We went after the last Monadnock shoot and I scored Golden Tiger 5.45 for dirt cheap prices.

On vacation next week so I'll make sure to check them out. Last time I was in NH, I went to Shooters and Rileys and all they had was corrosive ammo.

another option i just got from mfs is this. these are great rifles at a good price. id consider this another option. i have a website where u can purchase pre ban, 5,and 10 round magazines. if they'll mail me the mags i will pay whoever orders one for the new production mags

Mass Firearms School said:
Here is what I can get:

CENT VZ2008 7.62X39 SIDE FOLDER (1) 30RD
CENT RI1554X
Features a U.S. made receiver machined out of a bar of premium steel and a quality U.S. made barrel. All metal parts are bead blasted and coated with a non reflective finish. Will not operate with AK47 magazines. 6 groove barrel has a 1:9.5 inch twist. 30 round magazine. Overall length 27 inches (stock folded), 35.5 inches (stock extended). Weight: 7 pounds.

We can get the rifle for $489. It appears we can make it compliant for $40 (that would include simply pinning the brake..assuming it comes with one, removing the bayo mount, and fixing the stock.

We would not be able to give you the magazine it comes with. We don't have a supply of mags to go with it.

We would require a $75 deposit to order it.

Let me know.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought a Zastava O PAP on Gunbroker today for 575 with 2 mags. Its "new" in box. The prices are all over for them, same gun for 799 from some other sellers and on Armslist 650-900. The shipping is 30 bucks and my transfer fee is 20 bucks, so its a 625 AK to me.

I bought mine 3 years ago for 350. Lol.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

My AR just makes me mad every time I have to clean it. If I had to sell one the AR would be first to go.

you have to clean them ?

I remember not to long ago when four seasons in wobourn had AK variants for 239.00 with a few mags and thought to myself "thats to much" I purchased my mak90 in 1991 on sale for 159.00 and it came with a case of ammo! purchased my first centerfire rifle in 1988 it was a sks for 89.00

I love both of them and they shoot darn good for the crap ammo I dump through them. I didnt buy my first AR until 2008 just before obama scare 1.
Just thought it was time for one. I had many communist in the safe and thought the garand needed a bit more US company.

I like the AR very much. I like shooting service rifle and getting good groups and the highest scores I can muster......BUT I think my AK and my 1st SKS will be with me until the end.

Last edited:
is the yugo m70 a good rifle i found one guy is asking 900 for it tho.. seem steep to me buy at the same time everyone wants a million dollers for there "asult" type rifles!!!

is the yugo m70 a good rifle i found one guy is asking 900 for it tho.. seem steep to me buy at the same time everyone wants a million dollers for there "asult" type rifles!!!
look at my previous post and contact mass firearms school about the vz2008 its a great gun. i linked a video about it as well. i think they are on par with the yugo for 400$ less

AK's arent more expensive, your money is worth less.

7.62 x 39 AKMs can be had wholesale in the third world for under $100 USD or thereabouts. there are millions of them sitting in warehouses in Yemen, Ukraine, and a whole bunch of other places. They are indeed more expensive in the US commercial market because the importable supply is being artificially constrained by a myriad of stupid laws and BATFE rulings that have the net result of dramatically slowing the importation of these kinds of guns.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom