• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why do ak's coast so much?!!

I've been shoping for an ak/ ak type rifle the last few weeks and it seems anywhere i go i cant find one for under 700 bucks some shops asking as much as 1000 for a stnd. wasr 10/63!!! what is the reasoning for this i remember my cousins and uncles buyins sks's and wasr's for $200-$350 any one know where i can find a reasonalble priced rifle?

Thanks

Well they drift so much because they're AKs, should get an AR if accuracy is your intention. But yeah if you're looking for cheap AKs it's not your time. You know it's bad when AK-Builder is out of stock most of the time and it has been. Eh, save up and save yourself that shitty WASR, get the next step down [laugh] and look for AMD-65s, but good luck.

I just got a mak90 for $650. wasrs arent bad riffles they arent the best but they are perfectly fine. The days of $300 ak's are gone forget it, its not coming back. Gas used to be $0.10 a gallon to, things change.

For the most part AKs are imported into this country not newly made riffles like an AR. $700 is the new baseline price of AKs and I feel it will stay that way for some time.

Go on classic firearms website get one there Id recommend an AK-74 made by waffen werks the one I got is very nice it was a grade B they are $599 then go get your self a few crates of 5.45x39 from shooters outpost for $429/2160 rds and shoot the crap out of it, but if you prefer an AK-47 variant they have plenty of those to choose from too cheapest I've seen.

http://www.classicfirearms.com/

wasrs arent bad riffles they arent the best but they are perfectly fine.

oh please Century built wasr is probably one of the worst if not that worst AK variant you can get.
i just got one and i can't stop vomiting. probably will be selling it shortly what a piece of crap.

If you want a decent AK, get a saiga - for the price it's top notch AK even though it's neutered but you can't argue the build quality of a true izhmash-built gun. it's well worth to pay 100-150 more than what wasrs go for these days but you will be glad you did once you learn more about AKs.

I got WASR for around $500 with shipping and transfer being extra and it's gun that should cost $350 at best not $500 on sale.
that thing is terrible, very rough. sloppy machine work, unexisting tolerances. receivers aren't square if you like to enjoy things nice than spare yourself frustration and stay away from wasrs

Last edited:
I've been looking at getting the Sig 556R, its about the same price as an AR15 (same price as the Sig 556 anyway), takes AK mags, and doesn't look like a project from a high school sheet metal working class.

Ok so we'll add the cost of the 80% jig to double what a completed receiver costs I'm with ya I have the stuff to go that route but the op is looking to save a few $$ not start building them.

Just bought a Zastava O PAP on Gunbroker today for 575 with 2 mags. Its "new" in box. The prices are all over for them, same gun for 799 from some other sellers and on Armslist 650-900. The shipping is 30 bucks and my transfer fee is 20 bucks, so its a 625 AK to me.

Ok so we'll add the cost of the 80% jig to double what a completed receiver costs I'm with ya I have the stuff to go that route but the op is looking to save a few $$ not start building them.

Pre bent flats are about $60 with the rails. Spot weld a couple spots, put some rivets in, pull the trigger and go bang.

Heat treating is over rated
And a complete ready to go receiver is $59.99

Great, thanks for proving my point. And you spot weld the rails in, it has nothing to do with heat treating. Unless you're a 'tard and you do a screw build.

Sent from my barely functioning EVO running a horribly unstable beta of CM 10.3

Great, thanks for proving my point. And you spot weld the rails in, it has nothing to do with heat treating. Unless you're a 'tard and you do a screw build.

Sent from my barely functioning EVO running a horribly unstable beta of CM 10.3

So your flats come with the trigger holes and rails pre hardened? Or you just like building stuff shittily as possible? I don't believe you've ever even built an AK I don't think you have a f@cking clue what you are talking about and should stop giving advise on shit you've never done.

AK's cost so much because retards were willing to pay 4 times what they were worth because they were retards.

Moral of the story, don't be a retard.

Back
Top Bottom