• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why do ak's coast so much?!!

is the china poly tech recoil spring better than the one thats in the romanian wasr spring? the wasr has like link looknng thing and the poly tech has a cable type

is the china poly tech recoil spring better than the one thats in the romanian wasr spring? the wasr has like link looknng thing and the poly tech has a cable type

All that dose is hold the spring assembly together when you pull it from the rifle.
My Romanian psl has two tubes inside of each other with a spring on the out side.

Hey guy sorry to bug everyone with more ak questions but i have narrow'd my choices down to to 2 firearms 1, vepr http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/com...7-62x39mm-rifle-red-wood-detail.html?Itemid=0

2, sgl-21

the saiga sgl 21 seems to be out of stock every where but found a bunch on gun broker both are pricey but i think they will be well worth it i plan on keeping what ever i buy forever!! any input on either rifle would be much appreciated
thanks

Hey guy sorry to bug everyone with more ak questions but i have narrow'd my choices down to to 2 firearms 1, vepr http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/com...7-62x39mm-rifle-red-wood-detail.html?Itemid=0

2, sgl-21

the saiga sgl 21 seems to be out of stock every where but found a bunch on gun broker both are pricey but i think they will be well worth it i plan on keeping what ever i buy forever!! any input on either rifle would be much appreciated
thanks

FYI you are going to need the FFL you send it to pin and weld the muzzle brake before turning it over to you.

My Arsenal Sam7r has been awesome and you can get them locally (Pullman arms had them last time I was there). Similar money. All new production parts. Very accurate.

how much heavier is the milled reciever than the stamp'd ones..

Decently heavy, I don't have a # but probably <1lb difference . It's probably the same weight as my bull barrel AR. It points well though and shoulders quickly. I second the SAM7R; it's a phenomenal AK.

you cant go wrong with the vepr I have read nothing but great reviews. was thinking about a vepr chambered in 7.62x54r actually [grin]. I couldn't comment on the weight comparison though

I just got myself a Mak 90

7.62 x 39 AKMs can be had wholesale in the third world for under $100 USD or thereabouts. there are millions of them sitting in warehouses in Yemen, Ukraine, and a whole bunch of other places. They are indeed more expensive in the US commercial market because the importable supply is being artificially constrained by a myriad of stupid laws and BATFE rulings that have the net result of dramatically slowing the importation of these kinds of guns.

-Mike

/thread

If parts kits are hard to come by in the US, and if their prices are going up, AK prices will follow- because every single AKM that is in the united states uses a multitude of combloc manufactured parts.

The further we get away from the glory days of AKM manufacturing from fear of the West under conscript labor, the more expensive these rifles will become. We're already seeing the fall of the Izhevsk plant due to free market incompatibility. If the Russians, Romanians, and Serbs stop making AKM parts, prices will only rise.

Now that Mike Kalashnikov is dead the prices are going to skyrocket.....

Like any other piece of artwork.....

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Forum Runner

found a yugo underfoler at a local shop here in newbedford area its a preban with a milled reciever guy is asking 1500 is this worth the price??.....he will negotiate a bit on the price so if 1500 is high what would be a good offer on this?

Back
Top Bottom