• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who makes a good quality sling?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I'm looking for a good quality 1907 Pattern Sling. I'm searching online and of course the first things that pops up is cheap slings from Amazon and Ebay. After that it's a mix of companies I've never heard of before and a couple places offering WWII slings for $300. Figure there has to b a quality sling maker somewhere around. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

If you want the best; Eric Hollis Slings.

Many of the vintage and high power competition guys run Turner

I'm looking for a good quality 1907 Pattern Sling. I'm searching online and of course the first things that pops up is cheap slings from Amazon and Ebay. After that it's a mix of companies I've never heard of before and a couple places offering WWII slings for $300. Figure there has to b a quality sling maker somewhere around. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Ron Brown, hands down.

Custom Match Slings

You can order direct from him and get responses either from him or his wife. He made a camo service rifle sling for me that I used at Perry (and did well).

See if any of these fit your fancy: Slings

I have a couple of belts from Andy. Bought my first years ago, then got a shorter one after doping some pounds. Also got a holster made by him one day when he was at a gun store (Londonderry IIRC). He used to be on here, but I haven't checked to see if he still is... Good guy anyway.

I'm waiting on a Marlin 3-point military sling from Ruger at the moment for a new Talo 10/22 one in a thousand I picked up the other day. I want to set it for a support/carry length. I've been waiting for it to come in for a couple weeks and they did yesterday so "first hand" experience I don't have yet but here's the page and sling numbers:

Ruger Slings
Tan - 88815 (the one that's coming)
Black - 88816
Brown - 8817

There are a few other styles.

See if any of these fit your fancy: Slings

I have a couple of belts from Andy. Bought my first years ago, then got a shorter one after doping some pounds. Also got a holster made by him one day when he was at a gun store (Londonderry IIRC). He used to be on here, but I haven't checked to see if he still is... Good guy anyway.

I've used Andy for a couple items like cuffs and two point leather sling. He offers a Rhodesian Sling which is similar to a 1907 Pattern sling but not totally the same.

I've used Andy for a couple items like cuffs and two point leather sling. He offers a Rhodesian Sling which is similar to a 1907 Pattern sling but not totally the same.
I'm using [Magpul] slings for modern rifles (AR's) so no experience with the 1907 (and similar) patterns/types. Maybe see if he could make you an actual 1907 pattern sling?

I'd shy away from anybody who doesn't specifically make a 1907 sling. It's easy to make the keeper's the wrong width and thickness. Do you configure double or triple? Some guy making slings for an AK isn't going to know.
Get one made by a guy who competes in the sport.

Back
Top Bottom