Who broke it? What happened?

It was the local server that crashed? When I couldn't connect I looked into it from my end, but what I saw was that one of the two nameservers providing DNS for northeastshooters.com was down. I could, oddly enough, connect through one server, but not the other, and for some reason it seems as if the DNS is set up to never fall back to the secondary server.

Looks like almost everything is gone in the Off Topic forum - I was thinking Deval finally got pissed and had us taken out.

Look down at the bottom of the page. There is a dropdown menu that regulates how many past days worth of postings you will see. Look to see if it is set to something like 1 day - mine was. It might have defaulted to that setting.

Not Banned After All....

Jesus...here my check just clears and my name finally is in GREEN and I try to log on....Nada...I'm thinking: "Man, I got banned and I haven't even pissed anyone off yet...hey, wait a minute, I've never been banned...was it the Girls Of The IDF post???"

Then I thought: "I bet Derek was just waiting for the last $19.00 to come in the mail so he could flee the country and start a banana farm in Peru and the bastard used my check to do it!"..... Then I started to weep, because I really missed you all..... [crying]

OK here's my tinfoil hat theory...

Earlier I was on another site and I found this thread about Islamic terrorist sympathizers which had hacked a firearms discussion board.

<Tinfoil hat> Did we just have an attempt here ?</Tinfoil hat>

Anybody have any theories / hear any rumors ?

Here's the Story!

Well the real reason was . . .

The Mods banded together and voted to strike if Derek didn't double our pay and give us vacation time. Derek refused, so we drew straws and the short straw hit "THE BIG RED BUTTON"!!! [Hint: It wasn't Lynne (this time) nor I!]

[laugh] [rofl] [laugh2] [devil] [pot]

I was getting to enjoy the time off from herding you cats! My last logon was 3/22 at 1736hrs.

OK, the short story was that the servers (two) are co-located in MN and for whatever reason they went down. The co-location firm will only talk with the registered "owner" of the servers (not Derek) and that gent is currently in Basic Training. Hence the delay in getting the servers rebooted.

I spent much time on Survivor's SKS boards and repeatedly checked Gunboards' wanted to sell forum which could have been very dangerous to my wallet. [hmmm]

For all of you who sent me an email asking if it was *I* who hit the red button...all I have to say is <insert raspberry sound here>. So there. [laugh] Boy...it sure sucks when the server's taken a dive.

I was about to blame conversent /one communications for roayally hosing a dns server of something, because I never even got it to resolve to anything.

But then again I blame conversent for just about everything.

Ya know, when something like the forum here goes down, its like your hot water heater crapping out and leaving you with just cold water. Its a simple thing but you don't know how valuable it is to you untill you go a few days without it. [hmmm]

ok, you know when you have a fire drill, you are supposed to have a rally point? I think we need one. It was chaos! No one knew what to do!

Kevin was resourceful enough to find me through another board he and my wife frequent. We were both glad to see we weren't the only ones cut off!

Back
Top Bottom