Who are you supporting for Governor of MA? See poll.Vote!

Charlie Baker, Republican

• Scott Lively, Republican

Votes: 218 72.7%
  • Jay Gonzalez, Democrat

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Bob Massie, Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • James Schultz, Libertarian Activist

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • None of the above!

Votes: 44 14.7%
  • Charlie Baker, Republican

Votes: 27 9.0%

• Total voters
Driving through mass yesterday I was surprised how many faker signs I saw. Big ones too

I gather Charlie was skulking around the Topsfield fair yesterday.
Damn , I wish I was there .
Would love to tell that prick how big of a scumbag I think he is without having to pass it through one of his minions .
Did he stop by the GOAL booth I wonder ?

Don't throw away your Anti-Faker sentiment and VOTE FOR GONZALEZ, as much as it pains me to say it - the only one that can beat CharLIE is Jay. Jay's victory clears the way for Lively in 2022, Jay will screw up the state worse that Faker has, true, may even go FR on guns and ban & require turn in of all semi-automatics; fine good luck with that.

Faker has to go, besides with how CharLIE has been; will you really notice a difference?

A kid just came by canvassing and asked two questions:

Him: If the election was today, would you vote for Diehl or Warren?
Me: Definitely Diehl.
Him: Good. If the election was today, would you vote for Baker or (whoever the other person is)?
Me: Definitely not Baker.
Him: So abstain? Me too.

He's out handing out Baker flyers and won't vote for the guy. Bravo, young man!

Still dont understand the logic of voting to make things *worse* for yourself......

Yes, Charlie Baker is an archetype RINO.
Yes, he is only a slender thread away from being (not just a liberal...but) a Massachusetts liberal
Yes, he is an anti-Trump spineless jellyfish of a politician

....BUT....is he worse than the alternative?

I would argue, no, the alternative is worse. Baker fails miserably on many fronts, but he is not the worst possible option and since I am not going to be fleeing this state within the next four years - I will vote for the person who is most likely to do me the least amount of harm

Tall Deval has little concern for 2A. He thinks his R protects his views and prevents us from
not voting for him. At least a D will understand the shitstorm coming for them if they pull that shit. Charlie is a dick and needs to be made redundent.

Last edited:
Still dont understand the logic of voting to make things *worse* for yourself......

Yes, Charlie Baker is an archetype RINO.
Yes, he is only a slender thread away from being (not just a liberal...but) a Massachusetts liberal
Yes, he is an anti-Trump spineless jellyfish of a politician

....BUT....is he worse than the alternative?

I would argue, no, the alternative is worse. Baker fails miserably on many fronts, but he is not the worst possible option and since I am not going to be fleeing this state within the next four years - I will vote for the person who is most likely to do me the least amount of harm
I used to think this way, but I'm coming around to the opposite view.

The problem is that Baker is a Democrat. Not just a RINO or a spineless jellyfish, but a straight-up center-left Democrat. That is not good for MA or for the MA Republican Party and at a certain point he has to face consequences for that.

His campaigning for the bathroom bill and writing a pro-transgender op-ed in an LGBT magazine sealed the deal for me - this guy is doing permanent damage to this state by turning legitimate issues that are up for debate and SHOULD be partisan issues, issues where we need to RESIST, into bipartisan issues of "discrimination".

I used to think this way, but I'm coming around to the opposite view.

The problem is that Baker is a Democrat. Not just a RINO or a spineless jellyfish, but a straight-up center-left Democrat. That is not good for MA or for the MA Republican Party and at a certain point he has to face consequences for that.

His campaigning for the bathroom bill and writing a pro-transgender op-ed in an LGBT magazine sealed the deal for me - this guy is doing permanent damage to this state by turning legitimate issues that are up for debate and SHOULD be partisan issues, issues where we need to RESIST, into bipartisan issues of "discrimination".

I understand the sentiment, but I disagree on the *where* you punish him for being faithless (which he is)

The primaries is where you weed out the faithless, the RINOs and the poser frauds - not the general election. There was a challenger in the primary and that challenge fell short.

The general election is where you pick the person who is going to do you least harm - no matter how repugnant you find the candidate. I think that the folks that vote against the candidate that is least likely to inflict harm - whether by voting for a more dangerous candidate or blanking the ticket which is essentially the same thing - are not claiming the moral high ground....they are misdirecting their protest

Work against a RINO in the primaries, vote against the Democrat in the general elections and influence / lobby the RINO post election through contributions to GOAL (local) and NRA (national)

Since Baker was an a advisor to the Hillary Clinton campaign in 2016; I would vote for anyone including a dem instead of baker. At least the other options other than Baker did not lie about their affiliation

Last edited:
I hadn't completely decided who to write in. Given all the write-ins for Lively I'm seeing here I think I may do the same.

Maybe someone can start a sticker campaign for him so that all the write-in's will have the right data to count. AFAIK a write-in needs to have a name and home address to count.

I understand the sentiment, but I disagree on the *where* you punish him for being faithless (which he is)

The primaries is where you weed out the faithless, the RINOs and the poser frauds - not the general election. There was a challenger in the primary and that challenge fell short.

The general election is where you pick the person who is going to do you least harm - no matter how repugnant you find the candidate. I think that the folks that vote against the candidate that is least likely to inflict harm - whether by voting for a more dangerous candidate or blanking the ticket which is essentially the same thing - are not claiming the moral high ground....they are misdirecting their protest

Work against a RINO in the primaries, vote against the Democrat in the general elections and influence / lobby the RINO post election through contributions to GOAL (local) and NRA (national)

If each election were completely independent of the others, I would agree. But that's not the case. In sports terms, it's not about winning the game or even the series, it's about building up the franchise.

Elections, society, and public discourse are dynamic, not static. What Baker is doing is shifting the Overton Window of what's expected of a Republican in this state. If he wins re-election, it will substantially negatively affect the chances of a more convervative candidate winning in the future.

In the future, a Republican that doesn't full-throatedly support the idea that we should pump a little boy full of cancer causing estrogen, mutilate his genitals, and let him loose in the girls locker room just because he thinks hes a girl, will be branded as a transphobic sexist bigot homophobe that's to the right of Baker.

In sports, sometimes you have rebuilding years where you give up a shot at the title to make moves to ensure the future of the franchise. That's what MA Republicans need.

Not easy to tell Gonzalez, Baker apart

Obama has a kindred spirit in Baker. Both look upon Trump with disdain. Trump in a short period of time has not only upended U.S. politics, he has also erased Obama’s thin legacy. And all the while — from the beginning of Trump’s campaign — Baker has been more critical of Trump than has Gonzalez. Baker was attacking Trump over his crackdown on illegal immigration, the border wall and just about everything else long before Trump even won the Republican nomination. Baker let it widely be known that not only did he oppose Trump, he did not vote for him either.

If each election were completely independent of the others, I would agree. But that's not the case. In sports terms, it's not about winning the game or even the series, it's about building up the franchise.

Elections, society, and public discourse are dynamic, not static. What Baker is doing is shifting the Overton Window of what's expected of a Republican in this state. If he wins re-election, it will substantially negatively affect the chances of a more convervative candidate winning in the future.

In the future, a Republican that doesn't full-throatedly support the idea that we should pump a little boy full of cancer causing estrogen, mutilate his genitals, and let him loose in the girls locker room just because he thinks hes a girl, will be branded as a transphobic sexist bigot homophobe that's to the right of Baker.

In sports, sometimes you have rebuilding years where you give up a shot at the title to make moves to ensure the future of the franchise. That's what MA Republicans need.

That's pretty much my thinking on the subject.
The republican party in this state needs a spanking and a time out in the corner like a misbehaving child if all they can come up is weak sauce rinos .
I've written several times to the MA. RNC voicing my displeasure at about Charlie's lack of support of the constitution and the fact he mislead gun owners to get elected.
Not so much as a GFYS back , nothing.
They are banking on exactly what I see right here on this board.
But, but , but , we have to vote for him because there is a R after his name no matter how hard he f*cks us.
For those who feel this way , if you think we got hosed so far , wait and see if this prick gets a second term.
You ain't seen nothing yet.
The dick will sign anything anti 2A that hits his desk and the Dems get cover by saying "Well the republican Governor signed it."

We got played , badly .
The only way it gets better is to crush this shit even if it means a short term loss for a long term gain.

Yeah not voting for Baker, won't ever check a box for a democrat, can't find any info on the libertarian, and I'm not writing in a guy who's retarded.

Seriously, Lively's the dumbest guy in that list. His big contribution as an author: The Pink Swastika
You're writing in a deranged alcoholic hobo.

I'd write in Beaty first.

Back
Top Bottom