• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where do you shoot?

Yup, 5 lanes on the 300m range for total 10 shooters.
2 share a lane; one shoots, the other one watches his shot
on the monitor approx. 2 ft. away. The monitors are housed in
the wooden boxes near the benches you see on the 2nd pic
from the bottom.
Everyone is supposed to have someone with him to pull targets.
After the shot you just push a button, which flashes a light in
the target bunker, buddy pulls target and points to the hit,
pasters.
The take can also be linked to the Cantina, where it's watched
on a TV.
The F-Class team often uses this range for training.
We currently have one 300m-range, which suits 10 shooters on
300m, or 12 shooters in the last 50m-area towards the targets.
The latter is used for PPC 1500 and other dynamic handgun/shotgun
disciplines (top pic, setup is for practical shotgun shot on 25/20/15
meters, total 48 slugs).
There is also a 50m range which we typically use for .30M1 Carbine,
shotgun and multi-distance handgun (2nd pic from top).
We're hoping for an extension within the grounds providing a Bianchi
course, combined with a 100m range within the next years.

Last edited:
Target Cams.

With the new technology in wireless video, putting target cams out would be a big deal. Even the less expensive ones will cover almost a thousand feet line of sight. If we only have electric at our outdoor range we could probably cover at least the three hundred yard targets. Weather would be the limiting factor.[grin]

As opposed to the shooters, our cameras are inedependent of weather, as they are located in a bunker below the targets.
The target area/bunker setup is the typical "German Army" style.
The range was used by the Border Police and acquired from the .gov

I frequent Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club in Boylston, Riverside Gun Club in Hudson, and am also a member at the Harvard Club in Harvard, MA.

Different clubs for different shooting sports and activities.

I am also newly fond of the Independent Club in Foxboro. They have interesting pin and plate matches and practices there. Don't even have to join the club to shoot at their events. Neat!

Do all most all of my "home" shooting Hanson.

But do a good ammount of shooting at my cabin in Maine, nothing beats stepping out the backdoor and dumping a beta mag into the old fridge out back...(50+ year old gas fridge broke had 3 choices,A. pack the fridge out on a quad, B. take it out across the lake by boat, or C. shoot it till it doesn't exist any more, I chose "C")

Monument Beach Sportsmans Club in Bourne,MA. 28 stations at 100-200 meters, two additional rifle/handgun ranges, indoor handgun range for all calibers except magnums. No restrictions on outdoor ranges. Indoor and outdoor archery ranges. We're getting close to 500 members.

I shoot at the American Firearms School (AFS)

I shoot at the American Firearms School (AFS) located in North Attleboro. Range is more expensive than others (195.00 per year). The pluses are worth it.

- I can rapid fire from a draw with a cross draw holster.
- Unlimited use of their live-fire simulator.
- While using the simulator I can run while shooting.

This place works for me. It may have limitations for others (range is only 90 feet, closed alot due to LEO training)

Wackenhut trains at our range quite often, I think our club gets $10,000 a year for that. It's financing the addition on the indoor pistol range and a septic system so we don't complain. We're starting a rapid fire handgun thing using steel targets but I don't know the details yet. Annual dues is $120.

there's a place about 2-3 miles from my place called the manchester firing line.i'm planning on getting a membership there soon.i just wished they had an outdoor range,25 yard indoor only.but atleast i can rent anything from a revolver to full auto machine gun [twisted]
not to mention i'll get 25% off ammo,rentals,etc

I also shoot at Manchester Firing Line but actually frequent their Belmont facility (I live north of Concord).

Woburn Sportsman's Assoc. Great shooting and archery club, but if you're looking for Christmas parties and cookouts, it's the wrong place.

Arioch said:
Woburn Sportsman's Assoc. Great shooting and archery club, but if you're looking for Christmas parties and cookouts, it's the wrong place.

Hey Arioch. I am also a member of WSA. I wish there were some 7 yard outdoor positions! How long have you been a member there?

Adam

Wsa

I've been a member there for almost 20 years Adam, and I wish they had some 7 yard/meter positions too! I sometimes think they are just a little too bureaucratic, but they're close. I keep thinking of joining Pelham. They have an action pistol range, MG range, and a bunch of other stuff. So does Harvard.

Back
Top Bottom