• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Documentation required for membership renewal.

Lennypeters

NES Member
What is customarily required for membership renewal? The nameless club I belong to has decided members need to provide a picture of their LTC and their drivers license. These are in addition to a waiver of liability, a copy of your GOAL card and your NRA membership card. The last three I'm ok with but not so sure about the first two especially the DL.

Yup. Nothing but dues required from my club.

When I first joined, I remember having to give them my LTC number. That was over ten years ago; nothing since then, except an annual check (the money type).

My club requires a check or cash if paying in person at a meeting. You need to show a valid LTC to join but once in you are set. There are provisions to remove you from the club for serious offenses as judged by the Board of Directors.

I don't understand what your club is trying to prove here.

My club is a 100% club. We are all members of Goal and the NRA. The club actually renews the memberships each year for the member. LTC was required to join the club but not checked again. Drivers license requirement seems to be redundant. Support your club. These are tough times for our sport. Find a club that you like and get involved.

Like someone else I'm a member of 3 different clubs. All 3 required an LTC at joining and only a check upon renewing. TBH, I think I'd be annoyed if they demanded anything else on renewal - they checked the box upon the initial membership.

What is customarily required for membership renewal? The nameless club I belong to has decided members need to provide a picture of their LTC and their drivers license. These are in addition to a waiver of liability, a copy of your GOAL card and your NRA membership card. The last three I'm ok with but not so sure about the first two especially the DL.

This is good questions to bring up at your club's next membership meeting. Get involved , get educated , and get answers. It's YOUR club.

Bye, Bye. shit club

For renewal??? Both my clubs require a check although one takes Paypal and the other accepts Venmo also.

Just curious. Would your club accept Comm2A and SAF membership?? Because if they think GOAL and NRA are doing anything for them they are either sadly mistaken or think that being allowed to pwn a break action shotgun and a bolt action rifle is exercising their 2A rights.

I remember one time I was demanded to show my LTC and drivers license by the RO while signing in to shoot at a private club. My badge was in plain view around my neck. I did not renew my membership.
Just out of curiosity I assume you were a member and I wonder if the club actually has a rule or bylaw saying you must have those documents to use the range??? I'd be shocked if they do. Both my clubs have rules posted and I am somewhat aware of the bylaws as I have read them. You should know if that is a requirement. If it is not I'd tell the range officer to pound sand (actually I'd politely inform him that it was not a requirement and he should report me to the BOD if he thinks it is).

That’s pretty retarded. Club property is PRIVATE property.
I've seen worse. I've seen people asked to leave a private club because they had standard capacity magazines and the clubs chief range officer claimed that the club was at risk for being prosecuted for suborning a felony if they allowed people to have "illegal magazines" on their property!!!!!!

I like NH rules. I've had to point them out to stores that want to scan DLs.

TITLE XXI
MOTOR VEHICLES​

CHAPTER 263
DRIVERS' LICENSES​

Prohibitions​

Section 263:12​

263:12 Prohibitions. –
It shall be a misdemeanor for any person to:
X. Knowingly scan, record, retain, or store, in any electronic form or format, personal information, as defined in RSA 260:14, obtained from any license, unless authorized by the department.

Just out of curiosity I assume you were a member and I wonder if the club actually has a rule or bylaw saying you must have those documents to use the range??? I'd be shocked if they do. Both my clubs have rules posted and I am somewhat aware of the bylaws as I have read them. You should know if that is a requirement. If it is not I'd tell the range officer to pound sand (actually I'd politely inform him that it was not a requirement and he should report me to the BOD if he thinks it is).
Yes, private club and I was a multi year member in good standing. I had my super secret squirrel badge hanging from my neck in plain view like a good boy just like the rules state you should. To my knowledge club rules gave the RO's permission to check DL and LTC at will, like I said I no longer give that Fudd club my money.

I've been a member of three clubs. None of them required anything other than payment. As the Vice President of one of those clubs, I was responsible for membership. I would not support any of those requirements.

I've seen worse. I've seen people asked to leave a private club because they had standard capacity magazines and the clubs chief range officer claimed that the club was at risk for being prosecuted for suborning a felony if they allowed people to have "illegal magazines" on their property!!!!!!
That's idiotic.

My club makes you donate a pint of blood that they keep for eternity and you have to have sex with a board members wife while he jerks off in the corner. But it's ok. She's only a little fat.
Wait.. what kind of club were you asking about?

Back
Top Bottom