• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where do you shoot?

there's a place about 2-3 miles from my place called the manchester firing line.i'm planning on getting a membership there soon.i just wished they had an outdoor range,25 yard indoor only.but atleast i can rent anything from a revolver to full auto machine gun [twisted]

not to mention i'll get 25% off ammo,rentals,etc

www.gunsnh.com

I'm a Mass Rifle Member too. Love the place!

I think I'm gonna be spending some quality time with the cousin in Maine this summer. He's been getting into shooting with some of his friends, and he lives in an area with LOTS of gun-friendly sandpits.

Nothing beats shooting a 32" TV with a Mosin Nagant!

-Weer'd Beard

PistolPete said:
Mostly at Mass Rifle in Woburn.

How do you like your club?

If you wanted to do some IDPA practice, do your club's range rules permit firing indoors at defensive distances, like, say, three to five yards?

What are the range facilities like?

--Darius

Cross-X said:
PistolPete said:

If you wanted to do some IDPA practice, do your club's range rules permit firing indoors at defensive distances, like, say, three to five yards?

--Darius

Darius- the MRA is a great club, but range rules are such that, except for events, targets must be hung no closer than the first baffle- which is at 35 feet with 11 stations.
When we run the monthly safety program we have our students shooting at about 15 feet. Action shooting is actually held downrange and I'd say they're about 25 feet away from the steel, pins or whatever the target of the day is. There isn't an IDPA league but I think there are some people that are thinking of getting one going.
The range facilities are, I think, great. The "bread and butter" range is the Loeb. That's the indoor range you can shoot from 35 feet to 25 yds.
Here's a list I pulled off the website www.massrifle.com

100-200 yard outdoor rifle range. (Summa Range)
25 yard indoor rifle/pistol range. (Loeb Range)
35 yard outdoor pistol range. (Pope Range)
50 yard outdoor rifle/pistol range.
(McLaughlin Range)
2 lighted trap ranges. (Iannuzzi Range)
1 lighted sporting clays range. (Iannuzzi Range)
1 archery range.
50 foot indoor rifle/pistol range. (Fazio Range)
(.22 cal. Standard velocity only). Located Upstairs in the Clubhouse

--Darius

Mass Rifle is a great club. Some of the best shooter in New England shoot there either as members or just go and shoot the action shooting events. It is prob. one of the most active clubs in MA. The only time you can practice draws and such is during events unfortunately. However, the indoor range is prob. one of the best in the state and you can even shoot rifles indoors. When the warmer weather comes I'll be shooting at Harvard as they have several action shooting ranges (IPSC/IDPA) and you can set your targets how you like and get a lot of practice.

The mag capacity rules at MRA would drive me nuts!

What kind of ventilation system do they have on the indoor range that allows hi-power rifle?

I shoot at MRA, Reading R&R and Cape Ann.

The mag capacity rules at MRA would drive me nuts!

Not sure if there's a mag capacity limit on the indoor range, but the outdoor 100 and 200 yd ranges have a limit of 1 round in the rifle. [roll]

This is why I don't use the outdoor range, if I want to shoot high power I'll go to Reading.

For any of the outdoor rifle ranges it's 1 round only.

thier outdoor pistol range, and the trap feild are not limeted.

And the indoor rifle range is also not limeted.

-Weer'd Beard

SiameseRat said:
Cross-X said:
PistolPete said:

--Darius

Darius- the MRA is a great club, but range rules are such that, except for events, targets must be hung no closer than the first baffle- which is at 35 feet with 11 stations.
When we run the monthly safety program we have our students shooting at about 15 feet. Action shooting is actually held downrange and I'd say they're about 25 feet away from the steel, pins or whatever the target of the day is. There isn't an IDPA league but I think there are some people that are thinking of getting one going.
The range facilities are, I think, great. The "bread and butter" range is the Loeb. That's the indoor range you can shoot from 35 feet to 25 yds.
Here's a list I pulled off the website www.massrifle.com

100-200 yard outdoor rifle range. (Summa Range)
25 yard indoor rifle/pistol range. (Loeb Range)
35 yard outdoor pistol range. (Pope Range)
50 yard outdoor rifle/pistol range.
(McLaughlin Range)
2 lighted trap ranges. (Iannuzzi Range)
1 lighted sporting clays range. (Iannuzzi Range)
1 archery range.
50 foot indoor rifle/pistol range. (Fazio Range)
(.22 cal. Standard velocity only). Located Upstairs in the Clubhouse

Thank you very much, Ms. SR, for your most informative answer!

Darius

I go to Hanson

There is no mag limit, no rapid fire restrictions, as long as you are safe you can do what you want.

You can put the target at any distance, shoot at steel targets and work on your draw.

They will be building a pistol only outdoor range in the near future

also the indoor pistol is open 24/7

Danvers Fish and Game Club. Mostly outdoor range on Sunday Mornings but will be moving indoors on Monday nights now that the weather has gotten cold. Not a bad club given that there are a few wa-hoos and a few range officers who act like frustrated DI's. On the whole, a good group of honest people out to have a good time.

Chris

I usually go to Boston Gun Range.

I need something closer, I've been told to see about Harvard.

Back
Top Bottom