Where do you carry?

derek said:
dvl said:
The AG being in the minority. I like to think of him as one against many.

Did I get the name wrong?

No, I for some reason thought you were referring to Bill, not Tom. I have no reason why. I will blame it on the Becks, which is really Tony's fault, he got me hooked on them. [wink]

I shouldnt be accoutable for my own actions. [lol]

Or, your spelling. [wink]

dvl said:
So's OReilly.

It's Tom Reilly dear, and yes, he's got a plan. That plan is disarm all of us in this state. The only thing that's stopping him right now from doing that is the simple fact that both the Constitution of the United States, and our State Constitution allow us to bear arms.

He can't quite do it out right, so what he's doing is snipping at the edges, like making guns much harder to obtain in this state because of his "Consumer Protection Regs', WHICH I might ad he's allowed to do without ANY input from the legicritters. He can just wave his magic pen and viola! it's done.

He's also making it harder to buy ammo on line, which is an absolute farse, and because of that, the vast majority of dealers won't ship ANYTHING to MA, and I mean ANYTHING.

Now, since the bad guys don't go through "normal" channels to obtain stuff that they need, the only ones that suffer from his Hitlerism are "we the Lawful".

Do you understand now hun? :D

Oh, I already understood just fine. The approach if not the letter of his laws. I was commenting on the apparent senselessness of that approach. The man is either a bird brain or doesn't mind appearing as a bird brain to further his agenda, which I assume is to advance his political carreer, not make the Commonwealth safe.

Like many folks, I found out how senseless the MA gun laws are when I saw and liked a particular gun. Oops, can't have it. Well, maybe this one. Nope, can't have that one either. And so on, down the list until I got to the one with the training wheels. Oh, you can have that one...

As we all know, the AG and the rest of the anti-gun political forces work with imagery and emotional appeal, not facts and reason. How else could it be that an M1 carbine could be considered so vicious with its tinfoil magazine of 10 "pistol" rounds whereas the M1 with merely 8 rounds of cute little 30.06 is legally so warm and cuddly?

And bayonet lugs? I'm glad we had that under control, those wholesale bayonettings were begining to hurt the tourist industry on Cape Cod.

Does Reilly know which end of a gun is the loud one?

dvl,

You've got the picture, well most of it.

Reilly isn't a bird brain, he is sly as a fox! He paints a picture that everything we do/stand for/own is evil and the liberal media and sheeple lap it up as fact!

It is the media and sheeple that are the bird brains, not the politicians who paint the picture for them. They know exactly what they are doing and get the effect that they desire damn near every time.

TonyD said:
From Indiana to Georgia. It's my firearm, there is no registration ownership BS.

Have your parents ship it to you, with your name on the return address. You are allowed to ship to yourself. You'll have to use a "Common Carrier", like UPS, FEDEX or DHL.

Nickle said:
TonyD said:
From Indiana to Georgia. It's my firearm, there is no registration ownership BS.

Have your parents ship it to you, with your name on the return address. You are allowed to ship to yourself. You'll have to use a "Common Carrier", like UPS, FEDEX or DHL.

Why can't you just go and get it and bring it home? You can check a firearm at the airport.

I guess I'm like the vast majority. Strong side snap scabbard from galco - weak side extra mag. Sometimes double spare mag weekside. I purchased a belly band and used it with a Sig - 245. I purchased it to be worn with a suit, under a dress shirt, for work events etc. I figured if I really needed it, I'd rip the buttons to get to it. If you need a deep conceal I think it's a good option.

when i do start carrying.

i think i'll carry on my strong side,with a slight forward cant(tilt)

anyone here have problems carrying something as big as a beretta 92?

just wondering how hard it will be.if i remember reading it correctly,it doesn't have to be completely concealed.(but i may have read wrong,gonna double check)

I forget who it was, but early on I took a class on self defense and when the instructor came up to discuss carry methods, he excused himself for taking time due to a knee injury.

Well, we found out about 5 minutes later that his 'injury' was a farse as he began to pul gun after gun after gun out of his wardrobe, including that 12ga shotgun from the leg with the 'bad knee'.

If I remember correctly, it was like 18 guns he had hidden on him. Sure, many were little guns, but he had some big ones too. He was a fiarly normal guy dressed a little frumpy, but not really out of place.

The point, and it was WELL made, was that you can always find a place to hide what you want. The real question is if it is comfortable, and can you get at it fast enough.

Back
Top Bottom