When Selling Post Mfg. Date of Glock

Maybe this is a little bit of a rant but those of you who are out there and trying to sell a Glock in MA you should really call Glock and ask them what's the approximate date your Glock was made. We all know non-LEOs cannot buy a Glock mafg. after later 1998. I called Sig b4 I even bought my gun to find out the date and they told me w/ out a problem. Not sure if Glock is a pain in the ass about it. If it's possible consider doing so.

Maybe you want to clarify the rant, to people OUTSIDE MA trying to sell Glocks to people in MA. As anyone in MA can sell FTF a GLOCK to another person in MA with no date considerations.

Maybe this is a little bit of a rant but those of you who are out there and trying to sell a Glock in MA you should really call Glock and ask them what's the approximate date your Glock was made. We all know non-LEOs cannot buy a Glock mafg. after later 1998. I called Sig b4 I even bought my gun to find out the date and they told me w/ out a problem. Not sure if Glock is a pain in the ass about it. If it's possible consider doing so.

Hmmm. Are you absolutely sure about that? Better check a reliable source.

What is this "we" you speak of kimosabi?

yeah, you can buy a glock in MA regarless of date of mfg in a ftf as long as it is legally owned buy the seller.

You can even buy it from a dealer if they don't know or don't care
about the law- it's the dealer's ass on the line, not yours.

-Mike

Last edited:
Yes, hence the clarification now... I meant from people in CT or NH selling to MA. Terribly sorry but it's a rant none the less! heh Moving on...

Yes, hence the clarification now... I meant from people in CT or NH selling to MA. Terribly sorry but it's a rant none the less! heh Moving on...

Just so everybody knows, you can't FTF between residents of 2 different states. A Glock would have to go through a Mass FFL to be sold to a Mass resident. That's a very easily found item in the BATFE Firearms reg's.

If the glock was registered in the state of MA prior to oct 1998 that gun can be sold to al lawful purchasers, newly MFG Glocks bought on a badge and ID can only be sold to a badge and ID or to an out of state resident through the FFl Laws, through a gun shop, personal transfers do not apply to this rule....

a clearer way of stating it is that any lawfully owned handgun owned by a mass resident (glock, HK, anything) can be sold to any licensed mass resident via FTF transfer.

A mass police officer can purchase a new glock and sell it to any mass resident via FTF (there is no law prohibiting this as long as it is not a straw purchase).

If the glock was registered in the state of MA prior to oct 1998 that gun can be sold to al lawful purchasers,

this is not entirely accurate. As long as the glock is on the EOPS list it can be imported via FFL from anywhere in the country as long as it was manufactured prior to 1998.

If the glock was registered in the state of MA prior to oct 1998 that gun can be sold to al lawful purchasers, newly MFG Glocks bought on a badge and ID can only be sold to a badge and ID or to an out of state resident through the FFl Laws, through a gun shop, personal transfers do not apply to this rule....

Don't forget that the LE mags cannot be included with the gun sale.

This state is ridiculous. I bought a Browning Hi-Power with two 13 round mags. How am I supposed to know when the magazines were manufactured?

I'm going by the answer I got when I called the AG's office and they sent me over to the FRB(firearms record bureau) thats why this states laws are so screwed up they constantly contradict each other

I'm pretty sure if 100 people called, you would probably get numerous different answers. He told me that he'll bring this issue up to his supervisor. We all know how that will turn out.

There are probably few officials in Mass that understand all the laws concerning firearms in this state. As gun owners, many of us, have had to spend years researching this stuff.

Welcome to Massachusetts. [thinking]

My point exactly. Anyone can have a hi-cap magazine and there's no way to prove when it was made or brought into the state. Of course, I am not advocating breaking this well-reasoned law. [rolleyes]

My point exactly. Anyone can have a hi-cap magazine and there's no way to prove when it was made or brought into the state. Of course, I am not advocating breaking this well-reasoned law. [rolleyes]

unless of course it's date stamped, or unique to a gun that did not exist pre-ban [rolleyes]

The cut off serial number for Glocks is CWT607US.
To be sold/transferred through an FFL. I was confused at first too and bought a CLX### 2nd gen Glock 29 FTF becuase I thought it was all I could have at the time. Now I wish I would have found a 3rd gen. I pretty much refuse to deal with a true dealer when I have the option. That and FTF I can find better/cooler stuff.

All G29s are third gen, there's been no changes since they came out, except for the addition of the rail. That should make them 3 1/2.

You're half a gen off. G29s when they came out were 2.5 gen (finger grips, but no rail). Then in about 2 months before the cutoff they became avail in 3rd gen with the rail. 4th gen are the new ambi/SF models.

Back
Top Bottom