When is someone ready to carry?

I'd say about the time your dad was comfortable with you using his power tools on your own, looking out for your mother while he was away, or driving his car. And there's no age or law that defines that. It's an individual right and an individual responsibility. If more androgynous maletards stopped buying guns to make up for the fact that they lack spines, and actually acted like men on the small scale, - meaning at home, with their kids, in their businesses, - we'd never be in this ridiculous ****ing shitshow of a situation where everyone is asking stupid questions, and waiting for elected authorities to grant us permission to do normal things, in the first place.

Which Sig Academy class did you guys take?

Practical Handgun Skills (Handgun 102)

Intermediate Handgun Skills, Intro to Defensive Shooting (Handgun 103)

Defensive Handgun Skills (Handgun 104)

Let's say some one has an LTC and has taken a few classes at MFS like Conceal Carry I and Home Defense and is comfortable with firearm safety basics and basic shooting, etc.--which class of those three would you suggest is the correct level?

This is an interesting topic...

On the one hand, you have people saying mandatory training like we have here in MA is unconstitutional to be required for a LTC, which allows you to carried concealed (assuming it's unrestricted).

On the other hand you have people saying you should take training before carrying concealed...

Just an interesting observation.

Can we have our cake and eat it too?

I don't see a contradiction. You don't need a license to run a power saw or pneumatic nail gun, but using either without having acquired (by whatever means) some proficiency skills is not wise.

Back
Top Bottom