Whats wrong with having lots of guns?

Everybody knows you can't hug with nuclear arms.

xray.jpg

Give the dude a break, he has just opened his eyes after years of shuffling along doing as he was told and eating the bowl of gruel the media served about guns being bad.

The only problems with owning a lot of guns are:
1. You still need more.
2. Keeping all of them fed with various calibers of ammo and preban hicap magazines.
3. How to decide which ones to shoot?
4. Rust - grr...
5. Explaining to your wife how you came to own all of them and why you still need more, see 1...

Give the dude a break, he has just opened his eyes after years of shuffling along doing as he was told and eating the bowl of gruel the media served about guns being bad.

1. You still need more.
2. Keeping all of them fed with various calibers of ammo and preban hicap magazines.
4. Rust - grr...
5. Explaining to your wife how you came to own all of them and why you still need more, see 1...

Yup! [wink]

Well im new to this forum and although i have ben around gun almost my all my life i am just now getting my MA LTC Class A, now even with mass being quite restrictive on the guns you can buy there is still alot to choose from, i have my tax returen coming and i have a fuw guns in mind to perches first and more for the future, i have a safe set up for storing so not to have them just lying around and im not a doomsday preper that may come off as nuts, im just a new enthusiast, but i have seen alot of storys of people being blasted in the media for having a so called weapons cash or as the media words it "a deadly wepons cash" refering after to how menny guns were found, at which i laugh because all wepons have a potential to be deadly not just guns, but thay always emphasize the guns and how many were found. But no matter how many guns one may have you can at best only use two at a time, and how accurate would you be at this point unless you have exstensive traning in duel wielding a gun or rifle that are not built to be used accurately in this manner except on tv or games, i think i would do better with more ammo in clips then more guns all around, but people think (mostly because of the media) that if your a law abiding citizen and have 100 guns your crazy and more dangerous then a law abiding citizen with 1 gun. How dose that work?

Wow. If this isnt a joke this has to be on the short list for retarded NES threads for this year.

Also, heres a wiki link that will show you some tricks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Walls_of_text

Hay man thanks for serving

Andddddddd the wheels just came off this one [rofl]

Last edited:
Kids, when Dench is giving you grammar lessons, something is afoot. [laugh]

-Mike

it was just the lack of the enter key. do people realise how hard it is to friggen read walls of text like that? you look away for one second and you have no idea where the hell you just left off.

[rofl]

1. You still need more.
4. Rust - grr...

Ya thats sounds about right. I never had even considerd getting a mass LTC because i live in a red town and did not want to jump throught all the hoops to get one. Also i was trying to get my plumbing licenses first.

but now that i have my masters licence and all is well i looked into my MA LTC Class A and in doing so i looked up anything i could find on gun safty and gun related news. What i found surprised me in how far off some media and anti gun people are on what they say about guns.

Its just sad to see just alot of mud slinging going on about how bad the gun is but make no sensible arguments to back it up. The media and ant gun people also seem to leave out what i consider To be important information just to make a story seem more scary or interesting. Its aggravating

Its just sad to see just alot of mud slinging going on about how bad the gun is but make no sensible arguments to back it up. The media and ant gun people also seem to leave out what i consider To be important information just to make a story seem more scary or interesting. Its aggravating
They don't "leave it out," they "take it out." Where they are not intentionally misleading the reader, they are also incompetent. Not just about guns either. The law, the economy, the weather, you name it...

If you ever experience seeing an "event" happen and then reading about it in the news, you will see what I mean. It is pretty horrifying. It is as if they were trying to get the story wrong.

The NES community witnessed this with the porsche shoot. It started out at about 3X it's blue-book value (before repair costs) and worked its way up to 10X by the time the story worked its way around the world. A UK paper even reported a "repair bill" I allegedly received to the penny that had ZERO basis in fact. I have never made public what the various estimates were and their number did not match any of them. They also claimed we shot it in Jamaica Plain (we shot it in NH), and that I donated to a "gun club" (I donated to comm2a).

That's just one example. I have been personally, and grossly, misquoted and seen others suffer the same...

It really is amateur hour out there at best. There's a fair mix of agenda going on at the higher levels playing on the bias and stupidity of their journalist minions as well.

Last edited:
They don't "leave it out," they "take it out." Where they are not intentionally misleading the reader, they are also incompetent. Not just about guns either. The law, the economy, the weather, you name it...

If you ever experience seeing an "event" happen and then reading about it in the news, you will see what I mean. It is pretty horrifying. It is as if they were trying to get the story wrong.

Ya i see this alot with automotive related storys or in movies, i have an exstensive automotive background and i see alot of people just say or do the stupedest things with cars, and the people who do not know any better are now just that much more ignorant about cars. Its like they dont even care to reserch anything, its not hard.

I cant say i never have fallen for this, its hard not to when you dont have any personal experience or other knowledge about a subject and you beleve the person your getting this info from is knowledgeable and truthfull, You now just have to take and reserch evrything yourself and hope what you find is the truth

Last edited:
. . . If you ever experience seeing an "event" happen and then reading about it in the news, you will see what I mean. It is pretty horrifying. It is as if they were trying to get the story wrong. . . .

In the distant past, I was a sort of junior journalist writing for the Worcester T&G. I would submit a story carefully crafted to accurately portray what happened and some clowncakes editor would change sometimes just just a word or two (or the whole damned article) and change the entire content and scope with what they thought was a minor change. I'd sometimes get phone calls asking what in hell I thought I was writing?!

Words mean what words mean. People seem to forget that.

Ya i see this alot with automotive related storys or in movies, i have an exstensive automotive background and i see alot of people just say or do the stupedest things with cars, and the people who do not know any better are now just that much more ignorant about cars. Its like they dont even care to reserch anything, its not hard.

I cant say i never have fallen for this, its hard not to when you dont have any personal experience or other knowledge about a subject and you beleve the person your getting this info from is knowledgeable and truthfull, You now just have to take and reserch evrything yourself and hope what you find is the truth.

come on dude, you made your font smaller now? [rofl]

In the distant past, I was a sort of junior journalist writing for the Worcester T&G. I would submit a story carefully crafted to accurately portray what happened and some clowncakes editor would change sometimes just just a word or two (or the whole damned article) and change the entire content and scope with what they thought was a minor change. I'd sometimes get phone calls asking what in hell I thought I was writing?!

Words mean what words mean. People seem to forget that.
Fair enough, I did not leave room for editorial misconduct in my slam. Plenty of blame to go around... [wink]

Well im new to this forum and although i have ben around gun almost my all my life i am just now getting my MA LTC Class A, now even with mass being quite restrictive on the guns you can buy there is still alot to choose from, i have my tax returen coming and i have a fuw guns in mind to perches first and more for the future, i have a safe set up for storing so not to have them just lying around and im not a doomsday preper that may come off as nuts, im just a new enthusiast, but i have seen alot of storys of people being blasted in the media for having a so called weapons cash or as the media words it "a deadly wepons cash" refering after to how menny guns were found, at which i laugh because all wepons have a potential to be deadly not just guns, but thay always emphasize the guns and how many were found. But no matter how many guns one may have you can at best only use two at a time, and how accurate would you be at this point unless you have exstensive traning in duel wielding a gun or rifle that are not built to be used accurately in this manner except on tv or games, i think i would do better with more ammo in clips then more guns all around, but people think (mostly because of the media) that if your a law abiding citizen and have 100 guns your crazy and more dangerous then a law abiding citizen with 1 gun. How dose that work?

wtf.gif

Oh, let's give him a CHANCE to redeem himself!

gearjunky, for starters, nobody gives a damn about your grammar but you'll always get crap over it. Either use a spellchecker or ignore the comments. At least half of these neanderthals can't talk past two syllables anyway. That includes me.

We have people here that could write books on hunting techniques, ballistics or proper form in shooting stances. Never mind all the legal eagles. We also have guys that just bought there first gun and aren't entirely sure how to remove the "clip" from the "handle". So what, we all start somewhere and a-holes are the ones that think they've learned all there is to learn.

What you MUST bring to the table is an open mind toward freedom. Freedom for yourself to KBA or simply to be left alone to live your life the way you want. Freedom for others, too. You may not agree with some of the things people here are into. I don't like hunting. I would if I *had* to but I don't have to so I don't. It's none of my damned business if someone else does.

Same with what kind or how many guns you or I have. If I have one, none or > 2000 guns, it's really nobody's business UNLESS I use those guns to harm other's.

So keep that in mind, re-read this thread, ignore the mean spirited and learn from the rest. Maybe you'll come to the same conclusion others have before.

That is, unless [gotta say it] you really are a shill for Martha.

I hear you and thanks for your response that was on topic

I did but with paint ball, i know its not the same but it was what evryone was into at the time.
It's just like painball, only with heavier balls, rifled barrels, loads of regulations on what you can and cannot do and the state playing a game of "gotcha" trying to put us all in jail if we fail to dot an i... Other than that, its is exactly the same. [wink]

Welcome, enjoy, and the joy of freedom is not giving a flying !@#$ what other people think. [smile]

It's just like painball, only with heavier balls, rifled barrels, loads of regulations on what you can and cannot do and the state playing a game of "gotcha" trying to put us all in jail if we fail to dot an i... Other than that, its is exactly the same. [wink]

Welcome, enjoy, and the joy of freedom is not giving a flying !@#$ what other people think. [smile]

Ya but to my knowledge know one has been called crazy for having a tone of paintball guns. hay i know this is all in good fun and thanks fot the advices.

Back
Top Bottom