What's Up with Angle Tree Gun Club in N. Attleboro???

I'm voting with my $$ the club I belong to has the "old guard" in full force. They change the rules as they go to suit them, I just joined and I know a lot of people not returning as of Feb 1st. The majority of members I have talked to are looking into Taunton or Mansfield. The post about new blood moving the club forward rings true, these old Fudds are unable to change, just ask our past Secretary. She was member of the year 2 months ago and now she is moving on to greener pastuers.

Just got a PM from a Mansfield member, Sounds like the type of place I will enjoy! I have heard about NES shoots there and things I would like, I have to go Green and join Mansfield, New Year resolutions. I wish I never wasted my money at the other place. I will try for Wed night, Thanks!

Guys show up at my club who CAN NOT hit their target at 50 feet. If they can not put all the holes of 45 cal into a paper at 50 feet, then they should not be shooting the gun, PERIOD.

There are a lot of guys who can not control their guns. Safety is being realistic and not being macho

I think you may be lost. Perhaps this is the site you were looking for?

http://bradycenter.com/

I was a member of Angle Tree for a very short time. There just wasn't any shooting community within the club. I met some nice people but they were the minority.

Do they still have a mag capacity rule for the rifle range? I can't remember what it was, less than 10, maybe 5? This was around 2002.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, people are talking about ridiculous requirements for a particular gun club. People here are suggesting it is to promote safety, but in reality, qualifying with a particular calibre is not a test of safety. You want safety? Look at the rules for firearms safety and go from there.

People in this forum are funny as hell: everyday this place contradicts itself more and more with their "PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY" chanting mixed in with their support for rules that not only do nothing to uphold the "cause" (safety) but also undermine the entire idea of personal responsibility! Absolutely pathetic.

You want someone else to protect you or lie to you about why something is being enacted? Talk to a politician.

I was a member of Angle Tree for a very short time. There just wasn't any shooting community within the club. I met some nice people but they were the minority.

Do they still have a mag capacity rule for the rifle range? I can't remember what it was, less than 10, maybe 5? This was around 2002.

They did when I finally left the state in October, rifle AND pistol 5 rounds, no rapid fire, or the [STRIKE]shotgunners [/STRIKE] fudds, who run the club, would be on your ass in 5 minutes. They really hate the pistol and rifle guys.

The only reason I was a member there was it was the closest of the 3 clubs I belonged to, and good for testing reloads, and/or gun functions...

Oh, and don't forget TED!

My club has the 5 rounds rule too...never understood that rule but it really doesn't bother me. I look at it like a way to pace me and keep me from blowing too many rounds in a day ;)

My club has the 5 round rule but it isn't enforced. I see board members breaking it all the time. From what I hear repealing it is on the agenda.

Well thought out responses, sarcasm, and good information all rolled into one. All this thread needs is a Hover Bear.

hoverbear.jpg

Please let me know how the new club turns out.

I have seen people leave bullets in their chambers. Would you laugh when you are going downrange and they are STILL UP there? Or how about the kid whom left his action closed and loaded?

Their rule and enforcement makes sure that no one gets hurt.

Safety is a matter of mindset, not hardware.

This includes everyone on the line, and near it. If I'm going down range, I do not assume that everyone else has cleared their action. I ask. If there is someone downrange, and I'm back at the line, and I see someone doing (or about to do ) something unsafe, I call them on it. Politely.

Attitude is contagious - if you come across as an ass, or an unsafe shooter, then this will spread. And, make it worse for everyone.

This...I'm just down the street from Angle Tree...and because of the attitude I ran across there and Wrentham when looking for a club kept me from joining either. Now, for 10 years I've been a member of Mansfield.

I also don't understand how qualifying with a caliber is going to keep people from putting their pistol down with the action closed. Or if they leave it loaded on the bench.

If I see that, I call you out on it. I don't say, "You put your gun down with the action closed, show me now that you can shoot it at a target." I don't understand that thought process. What does one have to do with the other?

Yup, still have a 5 round max mag rule. And also a rule against "rapid" fire.

Just got a PM from a Mansfield member, Sounds like the type of place I will enjoy! I have heard about NES shoots there and things I would like, I have to go Green and join Mansfield, New Year resolutions. I wish I never wasted my money at the other place. I will try for Wed night, Thanks!

Hope to see you there...I'll be there..so stop by and say Hi.

Whose side are they on??? 5 Round rule, no rapid fire, must qual with each caliber. The worst I ever dealt with was Lowell Sportsmens Club over 20 years ago. If you were on the pistol teams you could use the indoor range and had your own key, If not on the pistol teams, you could only use the indoor range when a "Range Officer" was there to supervise. I went over to Westford. Now I have become spoiled I shoot in my backyard.

Good question. The answer seems pretty clear though, with the nonsensical safety regs etc. it's all about control, nothing more.

This is the guy who recently told me the only way to change the follower of a preban AR mag was to lift the metal tabs that hold the floor plate and then weld them back into place. Ahhh, thanks, so you dont sell followers (slowly walked out the door).

This is the guy who recently told me the only way to change the follower of a preban AR mag was to lift the metal tabs that hold the floor plate and then weld them back into place. Ahhh, thanks, so you dont sell followers (slowly walked out the door).
The stupid is strong with that one... [thinking]

I know this thread is old but,
I joined ATS this year, I qualified with my 1911 with a very nice member, no big deal, 10 minutes and 15 rounds and I was done. I took my 16 year old son there to shoot my AR. One of the old timers was there and offered tips to him and encouragement. The place is 1 mile from home, that is why I joined. Yes the rules are a little odd but F it. I'll see how the year treats me there.

Back
Top Bottom