• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Whats the favorite handgun you guys personally own!

I'm just wondering what is the most popular handgun you guys own and love might help me pick my next one. I know theres a lot of 1911 lovers out there. I would love a 1911 but i dont have one so my favorite handgun would have to be my Beretta 92fs

My Beretta 92FS. Sent the slide out to Trijicon and had them drill out the sites and install Tritium night sites. I shoot that gun better than any handgun I've ever touched.

Actually several: S&W MP 45, S&W Model 22, Thunder Ranch Revolver .45 ACP, Sig Sauer P229 .40 S&W, S&W M39 9mm and the Browning Hi-Power 9mm. Of these, my most favorite would be a toss up between the M39 and the Hi-Power. Ironically, I do not carry either on a regular basis because I have become quite fond of calibers that start with the number Four.

If I were limited to one gun to own: a .357 double action revolver with a four inch barrel, either a S&W 686 or a Ruger GP100.

An Al Dinan built .45 target gun. I bought it about 15 years ago from the widow of a New Bedford Ma area shooter and it was just last year I found out what it really was. Al was a well known pistol smith from Connecticut who was killed in a car accident in the 70's and the gun is definitely a keeper.

I'm just wondering what is the most popular handgun you guys own and love might help me pick my next one. I know theres a lot of 1911 lovers out there. I would love a 1911 but i dont have one so my favorite handgun would have to be my Beretta 92fs
Taurus PT111 Millenium Pro 9mm. You can't buy it in this state per AG (for your own good)

An Al Dinan built .45 target gun. I bought it about 15 years ago from the widow of a New Bedford Ma area shooter and it was just last year I found out what it really was. Al was a well known pistol smith from Connecticut who was killed in a car accident in the 70's and the gun is definitely a keeper.

That's a name I haven't heard in years. He was a very good gunsmith.

Hard decision to make. Its a tie between my 2 1911 Combat Commanders in 9MM. One Colt the other one a custom gun that I bought from roundgunshooter.

S&W 1911 full size stainless

Maybe not the most practical thing to carry, but definitely the king of all handguns.

How much did that cost you?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

It's a little pricey, I think it was $225. But if you are in MA it's the only way to get night sites on a stock 92FS (that I know of) due to the AG list. In free states you can get a 92FS version with the dovetailed front site, which is cheaper.

My favorite handgun is my S&W 39-2, it was my grandfathers.

My favorite handgun to shoot is my Walther P99 in 9mm.

Back
Top Bottom