What's everyone's preferred big bore pistol?

qwik88

NES Member
looking to buy a big bore pistol what is every ones fav? already have a 357 and 45 acp basically just gonna put holes in paper with it don't need it to save me from a grizzly or anything.

given what you already have, I think at least 44M is next if not something larger depending on your
interest in recoil ;)

Maybe something in the 460 zone? 454Casull ? 50AE Deagle
i was thinking 460 mag but wanted to see what others say

looking to buy a big bore pistol what is every ones fav? already have a 357 and 45 acp basically just gonna put holes in paper with it don't need it to save me from a grizzly or anything.
45 acp is not big bore.

45-70, 454, 460, 475, 500 ... in that order. That is big bore.

50 JRH Single Action by Magnum Research.
I almost bought one, but reloading data is sketchy AF.

GB is full of 50 JRH, I don't understand why MR didn't at least develop a couple of loads, it can't be that hard.

Model 19-3 .357 is my favorite but next up is the good old dirty harry .44 magnum

IMG_20200120_230819.jpg

Was having a pretty shitty few days this week and my cousin/brother hounded me to go shooting. Dragged myself to go and brought a bunch of wheel guns, including the .44. Came out of that session feeling like a million bucks [laugh] the magnum rounds realigned my energy or something, honestly turned my entire week around.

Is suprisingly a tack driver too. My brother is pretty new to shooting and he shot it better than he did my glock 19 lol

My favorite is 44 mag. I've got 3 of those. A bisley framed Blackhawk, and Encore barrel, and a pre-29 S&W. All with longer barrels (6-8"). I'd like to get a 2-3" 29 at some point. Next in line would be 454 Casull, but I don't own one of those yet. Not sure if I'd go with an Alaskan or a BFR, but it'd be one of those. Maybe a Freedom Arms someday.

Back
Top Bottom