• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What took me so damn long

NES Member
I started shooting last October. I took my BFS in August last year. LTC in September. First gun October. But I just waited until last we to sign up for G.O.A.L. It really clicked in a couple a weeks ago. I bitch here all the time about our gun rights with you. I bitch to all my friends and family on how the government is screwing us on our own freedom, yet I did virtually nothing to help out. I am sorry; I am ashamed of neglecting the situation. Normally I would not tell someone never mind over 350 forum members and countless guest about something so embarrassing (exept that one thing, MRS.WW [oops] you remeber), but I am hoping that others who are doing the same thing I was, can see how important this is and at least put in a minimal effort. I feel like I let all gun owners down with my tardy actions, but I promise I will be vigilant as many of your are, until the day I die. Please, if you haven’t joined an origination of some sort do it. If not for others then for yourself.

Yea, I became a member of GOAL when I first moved into MA and was told about it.

I plan on keeping my GOAL member status current even if I were to move away from MA. Mass Laws are so screwed up, and being that the NRA really only focuses on Nation Gun Issues, you really need someone fighting for the local bunch. NRA, I believe, figures that states like CA and MA are lost causes, so they don't really work towards fixing the issues.

With a org like GOAL, that gives the gun owners someone that can get into the statehouse and fight for them.

Don't stress that it took you so long to join. Just know that you did, and that now you will be contributing to the success of what they do and have changed.

Moderator said:
I feel like I let all gun owners down with my tardy actions.

You are a member now, and that means you are doing your part. I would say that qualifies as redemption.

Oh GREAT!! I just said redemption... Now I am going to have the "Redemption Song" stuck in my DAMN head all day... :D

Adam

In a related issue, here's a question for everyone:

When you get the various "Tell Your Congressman" postcards from the NRA, GOA, other organizations, do you really send them?

I mean, are you going to send a "support gun rights" postcard to Kerry and Kennedy? Give me a break! At best, some staffer will send back a form letter stating an obvious anti-gun stance, and thanking me for my time.

Who the hell thinks these guys are going to listen to a conservative, gun-luvin' republican like me?

I'm a member of, and support a number of organizations (especially GOAL, which has made great strides with the Mass Legislature), but I just can't bring myself to send in those postcards that I know will have no effect whatsoever. I understand the concept of swamping the office with position mail to show support for a cause, but I don't see the point in this case - these guys are never going to change their minds about guns.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Re cards to K & K:

Can you see the people laughing in the mailroom?

"Look ! We've got another card from one of those gun nuts ! HAHAHA !!! What a bunch of losers ! HAHAHA"

I agree with USMA-82. A waste of time, effort and postage.

Our only hope is someday these guys will dry up and blow away.

Typeo - go forth and sin no more. [wink] [lol]

Re: postcards. Not the ones they send, but I'm usually mailing letters out over different issues to the clowns...er, I mean elected officials....so I'll include whatever the "alert" is for.

Lynne said:
Typeo - go forth and sin no more. [wink] [lol]

Re: postcards. Not the ones they send, but I'm usually mailing letters out over different issues to the clowns...er, I mean elected officials....so I'll include whatever the "alert" is for.

I usually e-mail my local folks...they are pretty supportive of Gun Rights.

Back
Top Bottom