What to buy?

I have a 1911, SR45, AR, Ruger 22/45 and a Sig P226.

After discussions with the "boss" last year (after a buying frenzy) my buying days were slowed to a crawl (ammo only)

Out of the blue - I am asked "What do you want to buy next"..."Your b-day is coming up, so I figured that is what you would want..."

OK - I admit - Never thought I would hear that. (She owns a 1911 too and is pro-2a, just not pro-spending)

I have not been thinking about it so it caught me off guard, and I do not want to wait long or she may change her mind!!

Any suggestions?

I was thinking of a Revolver (Not sure what), Bodyguard, some other pocket pistol, ??????

Well, you don't have a shotgun,AR10, lever action rifle, a big bore rifle (eg. 50BMG), WWII military weapons, machine gun...good luck!

Get an old Colt or S&W, like the Colt Trooper/Lawman or a Model 27/29 or something. That'd be my choice, but I'm a revolver addict.

Do you have a unrestricted license? I don't see a good carry gun there. I would think that. Or a Garand from the CMP. No collection is complete without a Garand.

The 686 and gp100s are nice and given my choice I'd go for this between the two:

RugerGP100MCfeatured.jpg

But what I ended up with is an old model 64-1 stainless in .357, 4", recessed cylinder, pinned barrel, hammer spur - awesome gun. It will go to my son some day.

-Sean

Last edited:
One more vote here for revolver. I personally love my GP100. I got the 3", but kinda wish I had the 4".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input. I never thought of getting a revolver. I usually just pass by them in the display. Well I went yesterday and started looking. I think I am seeing the light. I could not find any 686+ 4" which is what I think I want. I know a couple of places had a "Ruger Blue .357" - I am assuming that is the GP?

Then comes the question of carry - Is the 686+ 4 too big to carry? I was looking at the body guard and a ruger revolver (hammerless) but with short barrels and the guy said they are "not pleasant" to shoot with .357.

So once again - My Northeast shooters come through and now I have a decision to make.

Back
Top Bottom