• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is "Surplus Good" condition

I used to buy a lot of guns from these guys. The past couple of years, they seem to have changed. They really lost me with their 'OK, THIS is the last batch of M39s we will be selling..." and then a week later "We found one more batch of M39s...", and then "M39s with good cracked stocks..."

That's just unreal they can call it "surplus good".

The only reason that isn't POOR is because it's not rusted to shit and missing huge parts, that's literally the only thing that's not ****ed up about it.

It might be time, at some point, to go public... "BTW this is what XXX considers "Surplus Good"... buyer beware.... "

-Mike

I'm not surprised they would grade that good, based on what I've seen from them. I actually more or less agree with them on the loss of finish, but the damage to the barrel is a bit much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love AMEX.

I got an RMA from the vendor 10 minutes after I filed a dispute.

Ok, that's an acceptable outcome. Glad it worked out for you.
Before reading this, i was actually just thinking - what the heck do you do with that thing? You can hardly sell it as junk, who would want it, its not worth the space it takes up in the safe, and i am not sure you can destroy it because of paperwork history.

Last edited:
I ran into the same problem with them on a cz82 last month.So I called them,and asked how come the fat boy doesn't show these on the video.I returned it,and they sent me one a lot better. Remember these might be the last ones they get.lol

That pistol is a POS, I'd send it back for a refund or credit on something else.

I bought a Romanian PSL rifle from them several years ago and brought it to the range. I couldn't even get a round to chamber with it let alone fire it. I put it back in the case and brought it back to the FFL to send back to them and got my money back.
That was the worst looking and mechanical rifle assembly I've ever seen bar none. That ended my business with Classic.

I bought a FEG pistol (PPK clone) in .32 ACP from an online vendor that advertised the pistols as being in "Surplus Good" condition. When I got it, I was pretty disappointed.

I asked to send it back because I didn't think they were honest, and they came back and basically said, "F**K you".

What do you all think? Am I justified in being pissed off?

The bore is a sewer pipe, and that big dent on the crown pretty much guarantees that the bullets won't go where I point it.
Holy Geesus!!! [shocked] Incredible. [hmmm] Yes, you are justified in being pissed. Mama Mia!!! [thinking]

I love AMEX.

I got an RMA from the vendor 10 minutes after I filed a dispute.

That just makes them less trustworthy.

They were perfectly happy to defend their evaluation of that piece of crap, right up until it would cost them money because they knew they couldn't possibly defend their position.

If they were idiots and continued to claim that it was in workable safe-to-fire condition and stuck by that claim, that makes them idiots.

This behavior makes them cheats.

I'm glad it worked out. Are they paying for return shipping?

Did you get it from the company that uses Stevie Wonder as their fireams inspector.

I feel like when something is inoperable, the description should include that - "non working" or "for repair" or... "inoperable".

It can't be "good" anything condition if you can't shoot it due to a smooshed barrel.

Classic has sucked since the last owner(john ) sold out. Wideners also sold out and sucks now also.

Did you get it from the company that uses Stevie Wonder as their fireams inspector.
lol

i was doing research on "surplus grade" firearms and on a few sites they said in real small print that they sample a small group of guns from a larger lot, classify the whole lot from that small sample, and some may be better, some may be worse. (yeah, it really said that) if you want a nice one pay the extra to get a hand select gun. so it sounds like after the sampling, they don't look at the guns again, just dig one out of the box when an order comes in. unless of course you get a hand selected one. jeez.....not even a quick once over before shipping.

Did you pay with a credit card?

If so, I'd file a complaint against them, the product they sold is *nothing* like the description or pictures.

Good advice here! Sometimes CC companies can clear things up in a jiffy

lol

i was doing research on "surplus grade" firearms and on a few sites they said in real small print that they sample a small group of guns from a larger lot, classify the whole lot from that small sample, and some may be better, some may be worse. (yeah, it really said that) if you want a nice one pay the extra to get a hand select gun. so it sounds like after the sampling, they don't look at the guns again, just dig one out of the box when an order comes in. unless of course you get a hand selected one. jeez.....not even a quick once over before shipping.

Don't be so sure about the hand select making sure you got a better firearm. Dealing with them on an issue right now on 2 hand select paid handguns that I just received yesterday. One is clearly not hand select or the other 9 of the 10 they chose from had to be really piss poor. The other "hand select" in the same order was fine.

Glad it got resolved!

I used to have several .32acp/ 7.65mm handguns but I got bored with that caliber long ago. Not worth reloading, but still expensive to buy a box of regular FMJ's from the average LGS. The only one I have left is a Colt 1903 hammerless made in 1911. I love that little gun and it's the only reason I still buy a box of .32 once in a while.

Ramp it up. Email them a link to this thread or tell them you are posting on gun boards around the 'net with pictures and not to do business with them. I wonder what an information ad in the shotgun news costs?

Glad your getting your money back.

I'd ask them if the one posted on their website is "surplus good" because that's not what they sent.

A little bait and switch it seems. They should change their name from Classic to Low Class Firearms.

Back
Top Bottom