What is "Surplus Good" condition

I used to buy a lot of guns from these guys. The past couple of years, they seem to have changed. They really lost me with their 'OK, THIS is the last batch of M39s we will be selling..." and then a week later "We found one more batch of M39s...", and then "M39s with good cracked stocks..."

They have there own lingo to try to rate it higher to justify the overpricing.

"Very good cracked stock maybe some dings and rust, nevah know whacha gonna get."

Three stock cracks including handguard split, one repair, mismatched numbers, mismatched stock. And this was a Hand Select (selected from the bottom of the barrel no doubt). Had written in "matched numbers" as a request. Discovered they Basically ignore requests and grab what's left from the junk pile until everything goes.

Fortunately not a rust bucket, serviceable barrel, and headspaced ok. Repaired the stock but overpayed for what should have been fair.

Last edited:
Great job on the credit return. I wonder if you have been added to a shitlist of people fro whom future orders will not be accepted. That would actually be a favor since you might forget this episode and make another impulse buy.

Back
Top Bottom