What does this election mean for gun owners?

The South often defied the Feds. Then their national guard got federalized by Eisenhower, or Johnson took away their right to run their own elections, or whatever. But those were federal legislative maneuvers (or at least they were allowed by existing legislation), and that's not what we're talking about I don't think.

If the Feds pass a law affecting a statie's interpretation of STATE law, which is what we're mulling here, I'd think the courts would schwack that down in very short order.

Point being , in theory although in recent times not in reality , states can not pass laws that violate rights guaranteed by the US constitution.
Like I said previously , " We're not saying blacks and women can't vote, we're just placing a few common sense restrictions on them being able to vote. "
Think that would fly?

Point being , in theory although in recent times not in reality , states can not pass laws that violate rights guaranteed by the US constitution.
Like I said previously , " We're not saying blacks and women can't vote, we're just placing a few common sense restrictions on them being able to vote. "
Think that would fly?

Oh no; remember, this isn't necessarily a law that violates anyone's rights. Maybe it's just a "reinterpretation" of a law that was never really scrutinized by the courts anyway.

Anyway, we're all just spitballing here; there are lawsuits pending now against Maura, and I'd imagine Trump's career lawyers won't do anything until the outcome is clear-ish. Besides, why would he risk bad press over MA? He doesn't need its votes in 2020, and he wouldn't get them anyway even if he did.

Good point, but there's a BIG difference politically between coercing a state to implement "public safety" laws and coercing a state to loosen restrictions on guns. But I concede your point.

There is, obviously, but I'm just talking about legal mechanics here. There's nothing stopping the feds from punishing the shit out of anti gun states. I doubt that will ever happen though, too much quid pro quo in pork land.

-Mike

Oh no; remember, this isn't necessarily a law that violates anyone's rights. Maybe it's just a "reinterpretation" of a law that was never really scrutinized by the courts anyway.

Anyway, we're all just spitballing here; there are lawsuits pending now against Maura, and I'd imagine Trump's career lawyers won't do anything until the outcome is clear-ish. Besides, why would he risk bad press over MA? He doesn't need its votes in 2020, and he wouldn't get them anyway even if he did.

It does give me a warm and fuzzy feeling that if or when our little issue here makes it to the supremes, it won't be what Maura was counting on.
Just the fact she might be losing sleep over the potential smack down that looked like a slam dunk a few months ago makes me smile.

It does give me a warm and fuzzy feeling that if or when our little issue here makes it to the supremes, it won't be what Maura was counting on.
Just the fact she might be losing sleep over the potential smack down that looked like a slam dunk a few months ago makes me smile.

After the the unanimous bench slap on the stun gun case, which was even after Scalia died, and the SJC still ignoring the USSC's instructions, I get the feeling a USSC with some Trump picks would be highly likely to body slam Maura. If only to affirm their authority after being treated with contempt by the MA courts.

I also think Trump's DOJ isn't going to ignore 'suitability' games and the other Jim Crow style shit the numbnuts in this state get all cutesy with.

The 2A counsel he formed had me intrigued.
I'm not clear on what exactly they can or will be doing , but the fact they exist is a good sign.

Crossing my fingers. Perhaps with better relations with Russia we can get milsurp imports again.

If you like Russian ammo, wait until you try Norinco ammo from china, Norinco 1911's and Norinco AK47's. Norinco makes an AK47 bullpup that's very nice. I had one in 1990 and like a fool, I got rid of it.

However: 1. looking at the two things he would keep from Obamacare, they are reasonable and 2. why start believing the lying' media's butthurt spinmeistering now?

He'll come through. :) This is the stay-cool phase. Just bide the time until in office.
He is talking about keeping the "no pre-existing exclusion" provision; the age 26 provision and I have read, the "no lifetime limit" provision. The question is "who will pay if these people (me included) are are allowed to by actuarially unsound policies? Obamacare seems to think that the non-employer policy, healthy, non-subsidized middle class can carry the burden, thus convincing the majority that "someone other than you will pay". I wonder who Trump will send the bill to.

What this election *could* mean is an opportunity to get the Democrats to pull their heads out of their collective asses on our favorite issue.

The Democrats are, right now, in complete disarray and questioning where they went wrong. Most of them are realizing that they lost touch with the white working class in the middle of the country but they're thinking about it in relation to jobs. It's probably a fair realization. They Dems treated those people with contempt.

Obviously, Trump and Hilldog couldn't have been more disparate on the Second Amendment and the people in the middle of the country care about that. They also know that when Hillary said she supports the 2nd Amendment, it was a bald face lie. Even Bill Clinton knew this at one point.

So, if there were every a chance to get the Democratic party to change their tune on this, it's now. If you're in MA, your senator is now a leading force in the party. Call her and tell her this.

I realize these people are highly unlikely to change, so don't reply saying the same. If there ever was even a small chance though, this is it.

Within MA, we're still screwed but there's some glimmer of hope that a favorable AWB decision will happen in the Supreme Court. I won't hold my breath though.

What this election *could* mean is an opportunity to get the Democrats to pull their heads out of their collective asses on our favorite issue.

The Democrats are, right now, in complete disarray and questioning where they went wrong. Most of them are realizing that they lost touch with the white working class in the middle of the country but they're thinking about it in relation to jobs. It's probably a fair realization. They Dems treated those people with contempt.
If they can get past the "flyover country white folk are racist sexist idiots" rationalization and start thinking about what really went wrong, the Democrats might have a chance to move past this loss.

Obviously, Trump and Hilldog couldn't have been more disparate on the Second Amendment and the people in the middle of the country care about that. They also know that when Hillary said she supports the 2nd Amendment, it was a bald face lie. Even Bill Clinton knew this at one point.

2008 platforn: We recognize that the right to bear arms is an important part of the American tradition, and we will preserve Americans’ Second Amendment right to own and use firearms.
2012 platform: We recognize that the individual right to bear arms is an important part of the American tradition, and we will preserve Americans’ Second Amendment right to own and use firearms.
2016 platform: We can respect the rights of responsible gun owners while keeping our communities safe.

Ds almost had it right in 2012, only to drop all mention of the 2nd amendment for 2016.

Gun control is tricky for the national DNC, I used to think the party was forced to wear the "gun control" hat just distinguish their platform from the Republican's, but reading the above, Hillary drove the party even further to the extremes in part from her efforts to distinguish herself from Sanders.

Gun control is tricky for the national DNC, I used to think the party was forced to wear the "gun control" hat just distinguish their platform from the Republican's, but reading the above, Hillary drove the party even further to the extremes in part from her efforts to distinguish herself from Sanders.

Definitely. They want to appeal to the coasts where that sells.

Ds almost had it right in 2012, only to drop all mention of the 2nd amendment for 2016.
Claiming to "believe in the second amendment" while claiming "Heller and McDonald got it wrong" is like claiming to be for civil rights but believing communities should be able set their own policies on white-only lunch counters and drinking fountains.

Last edited:
IIRC, the Democrats were the party of disenfranchised working-class whites once upon a time. Wasn't it Clinton that helped change that by implementing the DNC's strategy to reach out to minority voters?

If so, the irony is even richer.

eta: nah. Apparently the trend began in the early '60s. But Bill certainly didn't help; he was the first black president, after all. The 1994 midterms were the first time the South went majority Republican, apparently.

The Democrats' move away from the "bitter clingers " was a long time coming.

Last edited:
Truthfully they have learned nothing.
If the reaction to Trump winning doesn't tell you that, nothing will.
Now it's just a matter of regrouping and figuring a better way to cheat the system next time around.
They never have or never will look at working class people as anything more than the piggy bank from which the money comes to pay off their supporters.

Now it's just a matter of regrouping and figuring a better way to cheat the system next time around..
I suspect they will find New Hampshire's voting rolls more difficult to inflate in 2018.
Gov. Elect Sununu said:
We have same day voter registration, and to be honest, when Massachusetts elections are not very close, they’re busing them in all over the place. We had a state senator, a Democratic state senator from Portsmouth four years ago who had over 20 people registered at her home address to vote. They pick an address and they do the same-day voter registration. There’s no doubt there’s election fraud here, I don't want to use the word rigged, they have really gamed the system in their advantage. One of the first things I’m going to do is simply make it fair. I just believe in fairness. Everyone has to have a fair shot, not a rigged system pushing one demographic or another. I think if we get our election laws back in line with the rest of the country we will be on a much more even playing field as opposed to this teeter-tottering game we go back and forth with up here

Last edited by a moderator:
Truthfully they have learned nothing.
If the reaction to Trump winning doesn't tell you that, nothing will.
Now it's just a matter of regrouping and figuring a better way to cheat the system next time around.
They never have or never will look at working class people as anything more than the piggy bank from which the money comes to pay off their supporters.
This is what I think too. The democrat party is just another name for the communist party now. Its not able to do anything else. Our hope is that it will finally just wither away before causing even more damage to the country then it has already.

Claiming to "believe in the second amendment" while claiming "Heller and McDonald got it wrong" is like claiming to be for civil rights but believing communities should be able set their own policies on white-only lunch counters and drinking fountains.

This right here x1000!

Well they did get it wrong.

Where in 2A does it say "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed by Congress." ?

2A is an absolute right, protected by the Constitution from infringement by ANYONE, federal, state or private. This is crystal clear in the wording. Heller should have struck down all gun control everywhere at all levels of government. McDonald should have held that 2A applies to the states (and private) by virtue of its wording, not the 14th. Actually McDonald should have been moot because any ban was struck down.

1A is a right protected from infringement by the federal government. It says nothing about infringement by state or private parties. That's why NES can ban certain discussions arbitrarily.

So although Heller and McDonald worked in our favor, they were wrong at heart.

I realize that I'm in a minority even here in gun friendly territory, but words mean what they mean.

So, if there were every a chance to get the Democratic party to change their tune on this, it's now. If you're in MA, your senator is now a leading force in the party. Call her and tell her this.

I realize these people are highly unlikely to change, so don't reply saying the same. If there ever was even a small chance though, this is it.

Within MA, we're still screwed but there's some glimmer of hope that a favorable AWB decision will happen in the Supreme Court. I won't hold my breath though.
Absolutely. Call, write, email all reps of MA. When the President opens his new hotline, call call call. We need to put the squeeze even tighter on MA. Libs. Blue snowflakeland is getting smaller and smaller.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If anything we're going to see MA going more full retard in response to looser federal controls. OTOH we will get for years of more conservative federal judge appointments.

If anything we're going to see MA going more full retard in response to looser federal controls. OTOH we will get for years of more conservative federal judge appointments.

Would be nice if we could push the Healey Edict/AWB case to the USSC and get AWBs axed completely. I dream, though. Would also be super nice to get rid of the ****ing EOPS & super seekrit special AG lists tossed out, too. I would love to be able to buy a new Browning Hi-Power, for instance.

Would be nice if we could push the Healey Edict/AWB case to the USSC and get AWBs axed completely. I dream, though. Would also be super nice to get rid of the ****ing EOPS & super seekrit special AG lists tossed out, too. I would love to be able to buy a new Browning Hi-Power, for instance.

All we need is a test case. You and a buddy should go to the AG's office with and file an eFA-10 right in front of them to trade AR's so you can become the test case.

Sununu: end same-day voter registration in NH, add 30-day resisdency requirement

NHPR said:
Governor-elect Republican Chris Sununu says he wants to repeal same-day voter registration in New Hampshire. “Most states don’t have it. There’s a reason. It can cause problems,” Sununu said, speaking to NHPR’s Morning Edition.

Sununu says he would support legislation to end the practice, which has been allowed in the state for more than two decades.

We just need our laws tighter. It’s not about fraud and a rigged system, that nonsense. It’s really just about making sure that our rules are clear, that they’re unambiguous, and that people can believe that as a full-time resident of the state of New Hampshire, your vote isn’t being watered down by someone who’s drive-thru voting, drive-by voting. We just need to modernize the system.
. . .
There is no minimum period of time someone must live in the state before being allowed to register.

Efforts to pass a 30-day residency requirement have failed, most recently in 2015 when Democratic Gov. Maggie Hassan vetoed a bill that made it through the Republican-controlled House and Senate.

Sununu has expressed support for such a requirement.

"In a bipartisan way, there are Republicans and Democrats that believe that a residency requirement would make good sense for the state of New Hampshire,"

See also Union-Leader.

Back
Top Bottom