What does this election mean for gun owners?

On the federal level they should get rid of the Hughes amendment. I would bath in liberal tears. [rofl]

It means the Hearing Protection Act actually might pass and become law.

At a NRA Pistol course I attended the instructor was telling us about how in most of Europe its considered rude to fire any firearm without being suppressed. There you can walk into any LGS and walk out with a high quality, inexpensive suppressor without any 10-12 month background check delay nor a $200 tax stamp.

We can only hope that is one of the 1st things to come our way..maybe. If we ask nicely.

Trickle down justice starting at the Federal level then applying to states..
Won't trickle down to mass. Didn't the Heller case shoot down trigger locks? Guess whats still a law here and you will still get nailed with here!

Unfortunately I don't think it'll make anything better for us here in MA, as the courts and Beacon Hill will just give the finger because "gunz!", like they did with the AWB and Heller.

In fact, they may even double down and create more restrictive laws out of spite.

It means that we're more likely to get a favorable Supreme Court Justice to replace Scalia and at least maintain our rights. Maybe down the road we can get some of the ridiculous laws stricken down.

Regardless of how much a douchebag Trump is, the hope of this is worth all the risk he represents. It was guaranteed to be bad with Hillary.

Unfortunately I don't think it'll make anything better for us here in MA, as the courts and Beacon Hill will just give the finger because "gunz!", like they did with the AWB and Heller.

In fact, they may even double down and create more restrictive laws out of spite.
If this prediction comes true, at least one is able to leave MA and seek refuge in a free state. Im already planning my escape from behind the iron curtain.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I don't think it'll make anything better for us here in MA... In fact, they may even double down and create more restrictive laws out of spite.

My wife and I were talking about this today -- it is almost assured that the Moonbats are going to become even more moonbattier out of ignorance and spite, and we will continue to investigate our ultimate escape from MA.

That escape is not going to be to what appears to be increasingly purple New Hampshire either, sorry not even if we weren't interested in escaping the cold along with the gun-grabbers.

The following things I have felt very good about:

AWB ending in 2004 (that was a dud in Mass)

Heller Decision

Trump as President

Looking for the following:

National CC

NH Constitutional Carry

Maura thrown into the harbor

Mass AWB thrown out

Suppressors

Glock Carbine

Glock single stack 9mm that hold 10 rounds

It might mean that BATFE will start approving tax stamps to Mass again.
It will also mean that there shouldn't be any panic buying for a while, so inventory of everything firearms related should stabilize nationally.

It means we can escape this moon bat whole to someplace that respects our freedoms. And our freedoms might exist elsewhere. We have earned a partial reprieve. At best.

It will also mean that there shouldn't be any panic buying for a while, so inventory of everything firearms related should stabilize nationally.

This assumes that Obama does not go all-in and enact some onerous executive actions in his final days, forcing Trump to rescind them once sworn in.

And the question has to be asked would Trump fully rescind a restriction that once in place was popular with a large segment of the populace or would he look for compromise in half-measures? He has no track record other than campaign rhetoric, I will be holding my judgment on his 2A bonafides until I see some concrete action.

Hopefully the NFA and GCA get repealed and FOPA is fixed to actually benefit us.

A lot of people are against a national permit, but what about states being forced to recognize an out of state permit? Is that just as egregious as a federal permit?

Let me remind you only about/less one million people in MA voted for trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Heller and McDonald survive, and will eventually be applied in Massachusetts, resulting in the repeal of the entire "Assault Weapons Ban", as AR-15s are "firearms in common usage," and cannot be banned under these two rulings.

I really really hope this is the case..... Maura cant have the constitution bent when she wants it to be... She is states rights when it suits her....That needs to end.

- - - Updated - - -

Crossing my fingers. Perhaps with better relations with Russia we can get milsurp imports again.

Huh? Are you talking ammo or hardware? I have been order Russian steel case ammo w/o issue/

I think federally-mandated concealed carry license/permit reciprocity is probably the biggest benefit for gun owners in general.

The CMP stuff is a nice touch too. Not sure how long that would actually take to deregulate to we can get our hands on them. Would love an original GI Colt 1911.

I live in MA, so no benefit to me. Even electing a Repub Governor here hasn't done $hit to help us and in some cases has hurt us.

Back
Top Bottom