What does Hassan victory mean for 2A in N.H.?

Brother, I'm on the battlefield trying to keep your state conservative. Comprehension is weak all over, I guess. :(

[rofl]
(I'm laughing b/c I assume you are being humorous. If not, please disregard. No dispresct meant.)

How many Republican Senators will you have come January? LOL

In comparison to Massachusetts, you are freaking Freedomland. But don't delude yourself and pat yourself on the back. It would be like saying that VT is conservative b/c they have Con-Carry. First major gun incident in VT and that'll change QUICK! :(

NH is a c-hair away from being very liberal. And look at the voting. Lots and lots of blue north of Manchester and Concord. That's not MA-drift. That's home-grown non-conservatives. (Maybe it's VT-drift due to taxes. Hmmmm.)

FWIW, I'm pulling for you and sent a good chunk of money Kelly's way this fall. I'm a hang-together sorta guy. But also a realist.
We will have 13 or 14 Republican in the State Senate - where it matters for the State Laws...

VT already has had gun incidents. Nothing changed.

Bloomberg dropped $200,000 in attempt to get rid of one Republican State Senator (Kevin Avard) and failed. He had to spend >25 MILLION to get rid of Ayotte who we didn't really like...

North of Concord? Was red. Berlin was red.

The blue areas in NH are: Concord, Manchester, Nashua, Portsmouth, Durham, Keene and Hanover.

Attachments

• NH pres.JPG
    NH pres.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 44
New Hampshire town-by-town maps for 2016 statewide races

I'll believe what Chris Sununu has stated about CC and MJ decriminalization:
Chris Sununu said:
Most people know I'm a big advocate of the 2nd Amendment. I think, overall, we do our gun laws in New Hampshire really well in terms of maintaining safety. People are educated when it comes to firearms, as well as individual rights. I would like to see constitutional carry passed in New Hampshire. It's time to move forward on that, as other states have.
. . .
I do believe we have to decriminalize marijuana, and that's really about getting it toward more of a violation, so the penalty more fits the severity of the crime. It's really just more common sense and getting our stuff in line with where it needs to be...
Gov. elect Sununu has been consistent about these positions, in online written statements, during the debates, and in person -- he opposes legalizing marijuana but would decriminalize small amounts, reduce the penalty to a small fine for minor possession cases.

NH just elected it's first republican governor in 12 years, kept the same balance of power in the senate (14-10, though this could drop to 13-11 if democrat Hosmer wins the recount in the race he lost), and will retain control of the house, albeit with a smaller margin. Republicans even retained a majority on the executive council. I don't wanna hear any more bullshit from anyone about how NH is a "blue state."
NYT has a statewide results map with rollover data for each town.

We will have 13 or 14 Republican in the State Senate - where it matters for the State Laws...

I take it that's not a majority though. Which party controls your State House of Representatives next year? As I recall, in the year leading up to the Republican sweep of 2014 the Dem-controlled NH House passed at least one or two gun-control bills that, had not the State Senate been in (just barely) Republican hands, would have almost certainly landed on Gov. Hassan's desk.

Not saying NH democrats are the same as M******* Dems. Just pointing out that at least on the issue of gun control the politicians seem to be at least in general agreement.

"Blue must be where all the EBT card holders are???"

These are the towns where MA, NY and NJ transplants have settled

So what's the deal with Rockingham county?

Eta- In fact, just scanning the map above, there's a grand total of two border towns that aren't red. You want to know why NH is turning blue? Look in a mirror.

If anything, it looks like VT is you're issue,.but you didn't seem to mention them.

Last edited:
I take it that's not a majority though. Which party controls your State House of Representatives next year? As I recall, in the year leading up to the Republican sweep of 2014 the Dem-controlled NH House passed at least one or two gun-control bills that, had not the State Senate been in (just barely) Republican hands, would have almost certainly landed on Gov. Hassan's desk.

Not saying NH democrats are the same as M******* Dems. Just pointing out that at least on the issue of gun control the politicians seem to be at least in general agreement.

14 is a majority in the nh senate.

majority in senate, house and gov in nh

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I don't wanna hear any more bullshit from anyone about how NH is a "blue state."

Capture.jpg

Last edited:

It is a majority. 13-11 or 14-10 Republican Majority... same as the previous session. Check the documented history.

This is what happens when you have open borders. M*******s move North and take their liberal politics with them. Now NH is a blue State with two left wing, Obama supporting Senators. Looks like my escape from Ma. will have to look elsewhere.

The silver lining of Hassan being elected to the US Senate is that Chris Sununu is now our Governor-Elect.

With a GOP lower and a GOP upper, we should be able to get Constitutional Carry into law.

It should also serve as a warning to any other RINO like Ayotte that we're not going to accept you just because you have an R appended to the end of your name.

You have to earn it.

So what's the deal with Rockingham county?

Eta- In fact, just scanning the map above, there's a grand total of two border towns that aren't red. You want to know why NH is turning blue? Look in a mirror.

If anything, it looks like VT is you're issue,.but you didn't seem to mention them.
Rockingham county was red. The blue towns within Rockingham County are lee, durham, madbury, Dover, Somersworth, Rochester (all b/c of UNH), Portsmouth and Rye (artsy hippies)...

Other blue spots are Concord, Manchester, Nashua, Keene and Hanover.

Libertarian hotspots are Manchester and Keene...

This is what happens when you have open borders. M*******s move North and take their liberal politics with them. Now NH is a blue State with two left wing, Obama supporting Senators. Looks like my escape from Ma. will have to look elsewhere.

We have a GOP house. A GOP senate. A GOP governor.

MA has a super-RINO GOP governor and a sold Blue house and senate.

it seems you folks should be able to pass constitutional carry now? what are the remaining barriers?

None that I am aware of.

I live on the border of mass/NH. It would be great for this to pass in the next session. My NH pistol permit expires at the end of next year and saving $100 would be fine by me. I didn't mind it so much when it was just $20.

I'm convinced people are just trolling with all of the "NH is blue" stuff. don't feed them

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Well, NH is a bit of a basket case if you think about it. I still love it up here. I'd rather live in a Purple state than a Blue state, that's for sure. And we were within a few hundred votes of being a complete 50-50 mix of blue and red.

There had to be a small minority of voters who voted for Hassan (Senate) and Trump (President). Interesting ballot selections to say the least. Even Clinton (President) and Ayotte (Senate) makes more sense than Hassan/Trump selection.

Rockingham county was red. The blue towns within Rockingham County are lee, durham, madbury, Dover, Somersworth, Rochester (all b/c of UNH), Portsmouth and Rye (artsy hippies)...
This is where the NYT map with rollover data for each town comes in handy.
That's Federal politics, not really a top priority here. I'm happy to let Hassan step up to the major league and go hang out in D.C. with the US Senate Minority caucus if it means the New Hampshire state GOP organization stops foisting RINOs like Ayotte on us.

As mentioned, Hassan's national political ambitions bought us a republican governor who has promised to sign the bills that Hassan would not.

Last edited:

Other blue spots are Concord, Manchester, Nashua, Keene and Hanover.

Libertarian hotspots are Manchester and Keene...

Just a nitpick, Roch and Somersworth were both red this go around.

- - - Updated - - -

We won't miss ya.

2017 legislative session should bring positive developments to NH state laws

Chris Sununu isn't perfect; he is a little confused on the subject of UBC, but favors CC. At this point the only thing standing in the way of CC would be if the NRA gets involved again.

Hopefully Constitutional Carry
I'd also like the "no loaded rifles in vehicles" law overturned.
My speculative timeline of firearms freedom for NH:
  • 2003 - HB415 statewide firearms law preemption
  • 2004 - HB 1309 Range protection amendment to RSA 158-B
  • 2010 - Knife law preemption.
  • 2011 - SB88 Expands Castle Doctrine (Veto Override)
  • 2012 - HB1551 Landowner Liability protection
  • 2013 - Court case NH v Dor (Definition of "loaded")
  • 2015 - As additional states expand their reciprocity acceptance, NH resident P&R covers 25 states
  • 2016 - [thread=310850]Non-resident P&R administrative rules overturned[/thread].
  • 2016 - HB500 Suppressor Hunting

[*]2017 - Governor Sununu signs SB116, establishing constitutional carry. P&R now optional
    [*]2017 - Repeal of RSA 207:7 II-III - Loaded long arms in (on) vehicles
    [*]2018 - HB1285 makes NH the 20th state to pass Firearms Freedom Act (aka Rejection of Commerce clause Expansion)

[*]2019 - CHL reciprocity covers 46 states (Right void in Hawaii, California, Illinois and Massachusetts)
    [*]2020 - SIG releases the first consumer energy weapon: phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range
    [*]2022 - Donald Trump signs the "Mel Memorial Act", authorizing issuance of M-388 to NH national guard
    2050 - As hell freezes over, Massachusetts agrees to CHL reciprocity with New Hampshire, others.

It seems like the libs had a good plan in place that blew up in their faces.
A net loss IMHO.
They were counting on Hassan's win to tip the senate.
Now she can spend the next few years barking at cars out the window in the minority and it gave the state to the Republicans.
Imagine if Bloomturd had donated that money he wasted to starving kids or something.

As was commented in the thread earlier...

Bloomberg spent over $130K to take out a pro-2a senator [who sponsored CC, HB582] by running ads against Avard everywhere about him sponsoring and supporting "the elimination of a license to carry a loaded firearm".. What happened, Avard did better then he did in 2014.

NAYotte lost reelection bid by her OWN choices.
She made many promises 6 years ago and was given a good grade from NHFC. SHE LIED and voted for numerous anti-gun bills and confirmations. Her grade was dropped as it should have been. 30,000+ votes for 3rd party pro-liberty candidates and many non-votes are the result of NAYotte's choices. Hassan did not win, NAYotte lost!

See the letter from NHFC:

Dear Gun Owner,

We have been hearing from a few gun owners who were confused by the grade we gave to anti-gun, soon to be former US Senator Kelly Ayotte, I have decided to send everyone an email explanation.

NHFC does not grade candidates based upon who their opponent is or whether or not we or the pollsters think a particular candidate is able to win an election. We issue our grades based solely on a candidates track record on Second Amendment issues while in office. In the case of candidates who have not held elective office we grade based upon their answers to a comprehensive candidate questionnaire as well as any other available information. For example, support of another anti-gun candidate will earn a down grade.

Sadly, in the post Newtown clamor for new gun control, Kelly Ayotte refused to support filibusters that were begun to stop the anti-gun bills. In addition, she voted to confirm anti-gun Loretta Lynch as US Attorney General. And more recently she voted for cloture on the Feinstein semi-auto gun ban bill. Thus, allowing this dangerous anti-gun bill to move to the Senate floor for consideration by the full Senate. Ayotte said all she wanted was a debate. However, her vote risked passage of a new semi-auto firearm and magazine ban. Also, back in 2014, during a hotly Republican primary she took sides and endorsed anti-gun carpetbagger Scott Brown for US Senate. Following the 2014 election of new State Representatives, Kelly Ayotte meddled in the race for Speaker of the New Hampshire House of Representatives. We were left with a less than 100% pro-gun speaker.

Kelly has earned her D.

Click here to read her 2010 survey responses. http://www.nhfc-ontarget.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Kelly_Ayotte_2010NHFCSurvey.pdf Most of which turned out to be lies.

Some people have called us some very not nice names for grading Aaron Day A*S. Mr. Day was an independent candidate for US Senate and he returned a 100% pro-gun survey. We have an obligation to tell firearms owners the truth. Some are blaming Mr. Day for Ayotte's loss, they told us: "you should know Day couldn't win". We don't know that. Any candidate has an opportunity to win any election. Just 2 years ago little known David Brat beat the US House Majority Leader. As I explained above, we don't grade based upon pollsters opinions or anyone elses perception of a candidates chances of winning. We grade based on a person's support or non-support of the Second Amendment. Period.

Some have blamed NHFC for Ayotte's loss. Ayotte has only herself and her bad behavior to blame for her loss. We just reported the truth to tens of thousands of New Hampshire Firearms owners. If Kelly Ayotte had kept her promises she would have received a better grade and may have even won the election.

NHFC will never waver from our commitment to holding public officials accountable for their actions by informing and educating New Hampshire firearms owners. If these public officials and their supporters do not like this then they should implore people like Kelly Ayotte to unconditionally support the Second Amendment. If Ayotte had unconditionally supported the Second Amendment she probably would have been reelected.

Thanks for your support.

In Liberty,

Scott A. Krauss

Meanwhile, we now have a pro-gun legislature and Governor.

Dear Maggie, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
PS. 48% is not a majority and in 2022, it will be a mid year election so I would start re-thinking your radical leftest views. Maybe supporting pro-gun nominees is a good idea...

I did want Ayotte to win.

But like so many RINOs she weaseled and betrayed Trump.

So F her.

Go get a real job and NEVER ask for anyone's Vote ever again.

Sure, some of those were die hards writing in "Sanders", but 9,500 of them?

She made many promises 6 years ago and was given a good grade from NHFC. SHE LIED and voted for numerous anti-gun bills and confirmations. Her grade was dropped as it should have been. 30,000+ votes for 3rd party pro-liberty candidates and many non-votes are the result of NAYotte's choices. Hassan did not win, NAYotte lost!
It was a close race, official margin was 1,023 votes, not exactly a rout.

I'm not sure what you mean by "many non-votes"? I don't see much indication anybody cast a ballot but left the senate line blank, with 9500 more ballots cast for Senator than President. (NH SOS hasn't released totals on write-in for the presidential race).

Same here. I got all pragmatic and voted for Ayotte but I am more aligned with Aaron Day.

No big loss.

The GOP has to nominate a real conservative come 2020 to challenge Shaheen. RINOs need not apply.

Back
Top Bottom