• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What does Hassan victory mean for 2A in N.H.?

zork51

NES Member
I read lots of dough from anti's supporting her. I looked at the town map and all the big towns were BLUE and outer areas RED. Blue must be where all the EBT card holders are???

It means absolutely nothing.

Hassan has no control over gun bills in NH anymore. Even if Ayotte's recount is unsuccessful (it likely will be), and Hassan is still on the government payroll, she will be at the federal level and not state.

NH just elected it's first republican governor in 12 years, kept the same balance of power in the senate (14-10, though this could drop to 13-11 if democrat Hosmer wins the recount in the race he lost), and will retain control of the house, albeit with a smaller margin. Republicans even retained a majority on the executive council.

I don't wanna hear any more bullshit from anyone about how NH is a "blue state."

Hopefully nothing will happen. Though she is at the federal level, she can still influence those in control at the state - level. Kinda how sh*t-for-brains Warren does it.

M*******s keep saying it about suppressors

Except that we have actually had decrim pass the legislature and get vetoed by our shit head now-senator more then once. No bullshit ballot initiative, a bill passed through the government. I am sure it will come across Sununu's desk next year and actually has a shot of getting signed, or at least allowed to become law.

Ayotte should be a lesson for other republicans about specifically how not to run their campaigns. she is too easily swayed by the media. but i agree above electing Hassan shouldn't affect NH all that much, mostly just gifting a turd to the rest of the country.

electing Sununu was huge. if i were in NH I would have been proud to vote for him.

it seems you folks should be able to pass constitutional carry now? what are the remaining barriers?

It means absolutely nothing.

Hassan has no control over gun bills in NH anymore. Even if Ayotte's recount is unsuccessful (it likely will be), and Hassan is still on the government payroll, she will be at the federal level and not state.

NH just elected it's first republican governor in 12 years, kept the same balance of power in the senate (14-10, though this could drop to 13-11 if democrat Hosmer wins the recount in the race he lost), and will retain control of the house, albeit with a smaller margin. Republicans even retained a majority on the executive council.

I don't wanna hear any more bullshit from anyone about how NH is a "blue state."

It is Blue [smile]

None that I am aware of.

i know some people don't see it as a big deal, but I do. getting that passed in NH would be a big step in the right direction. there is no way to "maintain" freedoms. over time they are either acquired or lost...rarely are they re-acquired. i see it as a chance to slap the statist agenda in the face and really hope you folks get it passed.

Last edited:
but bare tits and weed still illegal [laugh]

Actually bare tits are legal. They have never been illegal at the state level. Some quack towns think they have the authority to ban them but the courts keep slapping their asses down since there is no state law giving the towns the authority to ban said conduct.

Except that we have actually had decrim pass the legislature and get vetoed by our shit head now-senator more then once. No bullshit ballot initiative, a bill passed through the government. I am sure it will come across Sununu's desk next year and actually has a shot of getting signed, or at least allowed to become law.

Decrim passed house and failed in senate. However I just did a tally today and we have 12 senators (as long as Hosmer still loses after the recount) who support decrim with 2 more (one d and one R) who are unknown and I'm told the R one might be good on decrim. Meaning, we have a possible 13-14 votes in the senate for decrim. Further there are I think two senators that waffled on bills last session (voted yes then no) that migh also vote yes this time around. Sununu said he would pass decrim.

And with Maine and Mass now fully legalized and Vermont likely to legalize in 2017 through the legislature, there will be significant pressure on the senate to pass decrim. It is going to happen. Only a matter of time.

electing Sununu was huge. if i were in NH I would have been proud to vote for him.

it seems you folks should be able to pass constitutional carry now? what are the remaining barriers?

No barriers that I can see now.

Sadly no. She supported a limited decrim bill (first time a fine, second time a misdemeanor), but it died in the senate (as has always been the case).

Right but let's remember she flat out said she would veto it. That kept her party in Nanny line. http://www.wmur.com/article/governor-says-she-would-veto-marijuana-legalization/5187327

Extra fun reading on her Nannyism. http://www.unionleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140211/NEWS06/140219926/-1/newhampshire

Someday I plan on permanently moving to nh. I'm hoping it isn't blue by then

Yeah. You know, every year I hear how it gets worse and worse, bluer and bluer, and yet every year we find ourselves, net, a few more liberty-side laws passed and nanny-side laws repealed. Lose some, win more. Red and blue don't map well to our in-state politics, despite the efforts of the big national money to purchase it. National party money is a big threat here, but as you can see from this election's results, it mostly affects the federal positions, which is (of course) what it's going after.

National party money is a big threat here, but as you can see from this election's results, it mostly affects the federal positions, which is (of course) what it's going after.

And this year I don't really care much about it. Call us blue, meh. If we get Con Carry and a repeal of the loaded long guns in vehicles BS, I will go out and buy a blue hat and smile, because there won't be much on 2A topic left to complain about.

And this year I don't really care much about it. Call us blue, meh. If we get Con Carry and a repeal of the loaded long guns in vehicles BS, I will go out and buy a blue hat and smile, because there won't be much on 2A topic left to complain about.

Yeah, Red & Blue do not map onto NH's issues. Heck, the "blue" party here is the hard anti-pot-legalization party. It's just a different place. Libertarian vs. Statist, frankly. Not as extreme as all that, but it really wants to pull that way.

Actually bare tits are legal. They have never been illegal at the state level. Some quack towns think they have the authority to ban them but the courts keep slapping their asses down since there is no state law giving the towns the authority to ban said conduct.

A few billboards advising people as much would certainly help improve Laconia Bike Week. It isn't nearly as much fun as it once was.

A few billboards advising people as much would certainly help improve Laconia Bike Week. It isn't nearly as much fun as it once was.

I second that!
The first time I went to bike week I was 14, & was in heaven! Boobs from sunup to sundown all weekend!
Now, it's a lame assless chap clad sausage fest fleamarket...

[rofl]
(I'm laughing b/c I assume you are being humorous. If not, please disregard. No dispresct meant.)

How many Republican Senators will you have come January? LOL

In comparison to Massachusetts, you are freaking Freedomland. But don't delude yourself and pat yourself on the back. It would be like saying that VT is conservative b/c they have Con-Carry. First major gun incident in VT and that'll change QUICK! :(

NH is a c-hair away from being very liberal. And look at the voting. Lots and lots of blue north of Manchester and Concord. That's not MA-drift. That's home-grown non-conservatives. (Maybe it's VT-drift due to taxes. Hmmmm.)

FWIW, I'm pulling for you and sent a good chunk of money Kelly's way this fall. I'm a hang-together sorta guy. But also a realist.

"Blue must be where all the EBT card holders are???"

These are the towns where MA, NY and NJ transplants have settled

[rofl]
(I'm laughing b/c I assume you are being humorous. If not, please disregard. No dispresct meant.)

How many Republican Senators will you have come January? LOL

In comparison to Massachusetts, you are freaking Freedomland. But don't delude yourself and pat yourself on the back. It would be like saying that VT is conservative b/c they have Con-Carry. First major gun incident in VT and that'll change QUICK! :(

NH is a c-hair away from being very liberal. And look at the voting. Lots and lots of blue north of Manchester and Concord. That's not MA-drift. That's home-grown non-conservatives. (Maybe it's VT-drift due to taxes. Hmmmm.)

FWIW, I'm pulling for you and sent a good chunk of money Kelly's way this fall. I'm a hang-together sorta guy. But also a realist.

I swear some folks don't/can't/won't comprehend the posts in these threads by the people that actually live in NH. News flash, most of us don't give a shit about Washington, especially this year. Talk to us next December and we can talk about all of the liberal policies that get passed this coming year.

Back
Top Bottom