What do I do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any 22 rifle will do the trick for a first gun to learn to shoot. I started on a nylon 66 that my father has. Take some one up on the offer to go to the range or try a place that rents guns and try a .22 there. Personally I would take one of these guys up on there offers you wont have pay rental fees and they will probably have a good selection of .22 rifles you could try and would answer all your questions.

Good grief, will you guys stop with the "have your testicles dropped" comments already? You really DO sound like a bunch of perverts.

The kid is young - are you all trying to tell me that YOU weren't? Remember, he hasn't met any of you yet, so he can't tell if you're joking or not. Just lighten up... or do you want to try and make sure that we scare off a potential Massachusetts shooter?

hes doing a good job alienating himself by the way things are going already.
like depicts, i was already in the Army when i was 18.

brando, time to open your eyes and see the world my man! no more living a sheltered life!

im 23, i fit in fine with all the old and ancient people here at NES shoots.

And you guys may well have been much more mature at that age. I've got a young friend (his dad is a Lodge brother) who is NOT in any way, shape or form ready for joining the army at age 18 - but I don't ding on him.

You guys sound like a bunch of schoolyard bullies with those comments. How about, instead, coaching him along?

Bando_Red, I hereby invite you AND your father (heck, bring your mom, too, if she's interested!) to go shooting with me at Harvard Sportsman's Club. PM inbound.

Nickle, any post about a single shot .22 was in relation to "what is affordable". At that point in the thread, Appleseed had not been mentioned.

Dwarven1, I have a nephew that is in somewhat the same situation. My sister, his mother, still treats him like a child. Maybe it's just my experience at 17 and 18 that makes me feel the was I do. Admittedly I feel strongly about it.

i think the best thing for brando to do is come to one of the NES shoots, were he can try out low cap rifles and meet the community.

Bando_Red, I apologize for getting steamed and taking it out on you. I did not mean to embarrass you, but rather, sign you up for the school of tough love. For that I am sorry.

I hop[e you will continue to participate in the forum, and hopefully, you can get your Dad to join in too.

I have removed my posts, and sent e mail to any who quoted me.

It was not my intention to hurt you, but I guess my method was way wrong.

There are some very good people here, don't judge them all by me or others who were thrown into different positions when we were 18.

You have to live your own life, and get along with your own parents.

I won't interfere or comment on your posts again without being asked.

Bill

Last edited:
im 23, i fit in fine with all the old and ancient people here at NES shoots.

Dench, we old and ancient people appreciate your tolerance of our stupidity. [smile]

Wait, I can't say what anyone else think. It's just I, ME, Bill.... who thinks that way. [thinking]

Bunch of old farts. Thank God I still have my yout. (This post should NOT be read by anyone who has actually met me!)

Nickle, any post about a single shot .22 was in relation to "what is affordable". At that point in the thread, Appleseed had not been mentioned.

That wasn't really directed at you, because, as you stated, your comments were from before you knew he was looking for something to do an Appleseed with.

It was directed at those that were still trying to talk him into something other than what he already said he was looking for.

Bando_Red, these guys are actually a pretty decent bunch. I strongly suggest taking some of them up on their offers to take you shooting. They do really have your best interests in mind, even if it doesn't always appear that way sometimes.

Good grief, will you guys stop with the "have your testicles dropped" comments already? You really DO sound like a bunch of perverts.

The kid is young - are you all trying to tell me that YOU weren't? Remember, he hasn't met any of you yet, so he can't tell if you're joking or not. Just lighten up... or do you want to try and make sure that we scare off a potential Massachusetts shooter?

All valid points.

However, a newbie who has no guns, yet declares himself a "K/ommando" (whatever leetspeak idiocy that is), has made himself a target for abuse.

However, a newbie who has no guns, yet declares himself a "K/ommando" (whatever leetspeak idiocy that is), has made himself a target for abuse.

I'm guessing that the term has something do do with gaming. Some kind of hip role-play thing. But what do I know? I'm already getting mail from AARP ... [sad2]

All valid points.

It's a slang term used by members of another forum to describe themselves as members of that forum. That's like you getting slammed someplace else for calling yourself an "NESer".

I'm guessing that the term has something do do with gaming. Some kind of hip role-play thing. But what do I know? I'm already getting mail from AARP ... [sad2]

yeah, i looked it up on urbandictionary.

kommando
1. A gamer with elite skills in the catagories of gameplay exercised.
2. To be elite in a catagory of gaming.

oh boy. im stepping out of this thread before i make drawvens head explode...
[/dench, OUT]

For Chr*st's sake give the kid a break.

When my wife said she wanted to start shooting I bought her this. It's a Marlin 22semi-automatic carbine with a BSA sweet 22 on top. Accurate as all hell and you can dial in the range from 50 to 175 yards. I don't think it was more than 250 bucks for the whole thing with a sling.

The Savage is also a good buy with the accu-trigger. A little more than the Marlin though.
p1000638yn9.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't see the post; he must have edited before I saw it. However, unless it was in first 10 or 15 posts, that still doesn't warrant all the rude comments.

oh boy. im stepping out of this thread before i make drawvens head explode...
[/dench, OUT]
I'm guessing that you mean "dwarven1" (the "1" is NOT silent...). But I have no idea why you would think that - not knowing the slang term, I appreciate learning it.

OK, I just found where the "kommando" post is quoted, and I have absolutely no idea what he meant there. Guess some game has a Mosin in it? *shrug* Anyway, he's right on when he says that it's easy to build up a flinch, so I'm still not sure why the abuse is being piled on him.

It's a slang term used by members of another forum to describe themselves as members of that forum. That's like you getting slammed someplace else for calling yourself an "NESer".

In which case the "/" is wholly superfluous.

In fact, the gaming reference is altogether superfluous to his post.

In which case the "/" is wholly superfluous.

In fact, the gaming reference is altogether superfluous to his post.

Still, it's better than, "I'm mad gangsta, yo", which is heard all over suburbia. Somebody take this kid out to shoot, before he adopts the "Glock fo-tay" stance as his preferred model.

First-thumb.jpg

C'mon. The kid is 18. You can't tell me you weren't superfluous when... Oh shit, wait... I forgot to whom I was talking.
[caps]
THE INTERNETS SERIOUS BUSINESS EDDIE! GET ON THE WAGON!
YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO USE "/" "\" OR ANYTHING ELSE IF ENGLISH GRAMMAR DOES NOT ALLOW IT.

[/caps]

[caps]
THE INTERNETS [sic] SERIOUS BUSINESS EDDIE! GET ON THE WAGON!
YOUR [sic] NOT ALLOWED TO USE "/" "\" OR ANYTHING ELSE IF ENGLISH GRAMMAR DOES NOT ALLOW IT.

[/caps]

Which might actually mean something, if it came from someone who actually comprehended spelling and grammar.

Or at least didn't post in all-caps. [rolleyes]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom