What did you do to your firearm today.

Yeah, we'll see how bad I f-it up! Only concern is drilling the crosspin for the barrel, but Atlantic has barrels in stock again for $100, so it will only hurt a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing today (with the kids all day) but yesterday, I put my Beretta 92 in and out of my Serpa like 50 times. It's got such a good feel to it.

41oeOpwlr0L.jpg

Just a link to show you the model and such. I'd shop around to get a better price if you can.

http://tacticalgear.com/blackhawk-s...m_medium=sce&gclid=CIW1yL6w97wCFY1r7AodyD0APQ

More progress on the AR build. Removed my pinned/welded brake so I can swap it out. And dimpled the barrel for the gas block. Picking up handguard Wednesday. Then just waiting on gas tube and charging handle to finish up.

Also brought my AK kit to work because that is where my drill press and work space is. Will start on installing trunnions tomorrow.

Tonight is getting my Serpa QD mounts set up on my USPSA belt and vest.

Did my first firearm mod, switched out the stock 10/22 bolt release with a Kidd Auto Bolt Release, AHhhh, much better! I think I put everything else back in the right place [dance]

Had some productive time while the little one napped.
Installed a D spring in the Beretta
Then put a Vang Comp safety in the 870. It doesn't have the red paint so I put some in the slot for it. I then put a better stronger extractor in.

(new thread idea?)What did you do to you're firearm today.

I got my Maadi build ready to press in and populate the barrel! So far so good with the trunnions and triggerguard. Compliance parts will be in Friday and I can finish up.

Picked up my AR handguard after work. The upper will get (mostly) assembled tomorrow. Charging handle and gas tube will be in Friday.

Weekend is busy, so probably finish both up next week. Then pin/weld brakes and to the range! And pics here.

Never posted pics so we will see if it worked.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394071088.948851.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394071088.948851.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
OK this is really going to be tomorrow -- but I'll tell you what it is before I post the pictures (and posting this tonight helps reinforce to me that I'm going to do it tomorrow): Tomorrrow I'm going to install a Speed Beez stainless auto bolt release and nylon bolt buffer into my Ruger 10/22 Takedown, along with my Blackhawk single-point sling adaptors ... to mount a 2-point sling. The bolt buffer is going to be the $0.77+tax (or so) method shown by The Project Junkie in his YouTube video, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPkwsQl6JNw

And the Blackhawk sling adaptor idea for the 10/22 TD comes from this fellow:

http://rugerforum.net/ruger-10-22-rimfire/73321-cheap-simple-sling-10-22-takedown.html

Like him, I'd rather not drill the stock and forend of my 10/22TD just now.

BTW I picked up an Alangator TriMag 10-round rotary magazine coupler for the 10/22 and it's every bit as nice a thing to have as everyone says, and works about as simply as possible. I don't think you can spend less than $20 (shipping included) on a better accessory in all of firearm-dom, correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I got pissed off because the Larue mount that was supposed to arrive today didn't get here. I guess there was some weather down south this week. So its the weekend, I have a new scope and a rifle I want to wring out, with no way to attach the scope.

completed my second Ar lower. this one will be a rifle (I think). However instead of getting an upper, I got an SKS that I cleaned, IDd (Matching Russian from the recent Century Import).

What did you do to you're firearm today.

Yeah, we'll see how bad I f-it up! Only concern is drilling the crosspin for the barrel, but Atlantic has barrels in stock again for $100, so it will only hurt a lot!

I got a mill I can help you out with the pins.
It's easier to use a end mill to put flats on the barrel then drill vs tryinging to start a drill on a curve .

Last edited:
Yesterday I stippled the front strap on the M&P9 along with a PMAG (test subject).

Today was my first round of skeet shooting which is another addicting adventure.

Went to the range this morning and let them loose on some unsuspecting targets, then spent some quality time in the afternoon cleaning them while I watched AMC on the TV

Tim [smile]

yesterday I shot my Ruger SR9c to stay fresh and responsible, and my Auto-Ordnance (made in Worcester-yeah, guns made in MA again!) 1911 from 4Seasons ($469-shameless plug). The Ruger has several hundred rounds through it-not one prob whatsoever, and accurate, at least at 50 feet (haven't tried 75 yet).

I have about 350 rounds through the 1911: no FTF, 1 FTE (1 stovepipe), yet many FTB. So, the 230 grain non-reload, many different manufacturers, feeds great and then gets stuck 1/2 in the chamber and the slide won't close completely. PITA! However, I found that if I scrub the bore/chamber with a steel brush every so often, and if I load 7, not 8, rounds in my mags, don't ask me why, it works much better! Fun to shoot. And funny to say, but it's relaxing!

last night I cleaned the hell out of them!

What did I do today? I f-ed up pressing my barrel on my ak build:/ Then I f-ed up my rivets on my front trunnion trying to fix it:/

It's all good though. I figured out what I did wrong, salvaged the barrel and will demill and rerivet the trunnion tomorrow.

I could have left it as is, but I didn't want a rivet to have smiley face on it. To salvage my day, I walked GottaGetShooting through her AR build. She should be posting about it soon.

What did you do to you're firearm today.

Since her phone sux, I get to post specs.

Spike's lower, upper and bcg. Rock River lpk with two stage trigger and Hogue grip, and Operator stock. BCM medium Gunfighter. Yankee Hill 16" fluted barrel and non-scary Phantom brake. Diamondhead VRS-T 10 1/4" freefloat handguard. It's gonna get a SigTac optic, but has Ruger buis on it for now.

Back
Top Bottom