What constitutes a “good” shotgun?

Interesting: Non-traditional loads for shotguns...

My Maverick 88 has several hundred rounds through it from 7-8 shot (500+) for clays to 00buck (200+) for SD reliability/familiarization/patterning to slugs (car shoots/just cuz). All of the various rounds were shot out of a factory 18.25" barrel, some with the factory stock, some with an ATI pistol grip, some with a folding stock.

Never had a fail to feed/fire/eject. Not once. Aside from the barrel (it came with a 22" I believe) and the stock/grip it is 100% original and has never had a part replaced for wear or failure. I think I cleaned it once.

I once thought I needed a Semi-auto. Bought a Charles Daly cuz reviews and "reputation". Epic POS. Wouldn't feed, cycle, eject at all reliably. Tried all the usual ammo types, assorted manufacturers, different velocities. The thing was like the Sig Mosquito of shotguns. Trafrd it at Blue Northern for my "wedding shotguns".

Racking a pump is almost as instinctual as pissing on a tree in the woods. Similar grip also...

IMO available aftermarket accessories and parts. Customer support and warranty is also very Important. I’m willing to pay more for a brand name like Mossberg, Beretta, Franchi..ect, than a no name brand and be shit out of luck if something breaks.

If I lost my LTC and only had a FID, I'd buy a Benelli M4...

After a long covid drought - the Benelli M4 H2O has been seen in the wild.

Four Seasons had two and some other places have them.

Here is a link...

Item 11794

It's the one with the titanium cerakote.

benelli-m4-h20-pistol-grip-shotgun.jpg

Back
Top Bottom