• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Westford cop’s loaded handgun found in recycling bin

One set of rules for the boys in blue, another for another Westford school employee.

From a Westford facebook page this evening

Westford Police Chief Tom McEnaney informed me late Tuesday afternoon that someone anonymously provided our high school Resource Officer with a social media picture of one of our custodians in possession of a handgun while off duty. The police department investigated ownership of the weapon. Upon interviewing the custodian, detectives found a loaded handgun in the trunk of the custodian's car on school grounds. This a serious violation of the law and school safety. The employee was arrested and will be immediately dismissed from his position.

For many years, we have devoted considerable time and effort to school security and the safety of our students and staff. This is an egregious breach of public trust, school safety, and the work that our school system and public safety officials have done to keep our students and staff safe. I am sending this to you tonight because I want you to hear this news directly from me and not hear about it in the media. Please know that we will always remain committed to the safety of our students and staff!

Sincerely,
Everett Olsen

The Westford janitor situation is bullshit and not a violation of the law. I hope he files a labor complaint for wrongful termination, sues, and wins.

Edit: see updated post below

Guy is toast for other related charges. No way he wins a lawsuit now.

Last edited:
Only cops are responsible enough to own firearms.

Edit: Also it is despicable what they did to that Janitor. Love how a picture of someone owning/carrying a firearm becomes grounds for "investigation". I hope he didn't consent to them searching his vehicle.

The Westford janitor situation is bullshit and not a violation of the law. I hope he files a labor complaint for wrongful termination, sues, and wins.
The only exposure I see is if he had it stored in a loaded state, as that would be a violation. I'd guess they talked him into charges.

OK some more info from the Westford PD facebook page. This doesn't look like a good guy getting jammed up.
On Tuesday, March 06, 2018, Westford Officers arrested James Healy (21 YOA from Westford) after investigating a tip regarding a firearm that was posted on a social media website. Officers recovered a firearm from the trunk of Healy’s vehicle which was parked at the Crisafulli elementary school where Healy works as a custodian. Healy will be arraigned at Ayer District Court on Wednesday March 07, 2018, on the following charges;
1 Large Capacity Firearm, Posses, Without LTC
1 Large Capacity Feeding Device, Without LTC
1 Firearm On School Grounds, Carry
1 Firearm, Store Improper, Large Capacity
1 Firearm Serial Number, Defaced
1 Ammunition, Possession of, Without LTC

Booking photos will not be available at this time.

OK some more info from the Westford PD facebook page. This doesn't look like a good guy getting jammed up.

1 Large Capacity Firearm, Posses, Without LTC (MA BS, but not good)
1 Large Capacity Feeding Device, Without LTC (MA BS, but not good)
1 Firearm On School Grounds, Carry (BS charge, storage and transport is not carry)
1 Firearm, Store Improper, Large Capacity (MA BS, but not good)
1 Firearm Serial Number, Defaced (if this isn't malarky like a scratched or difficult to read #, then this is a big red criminal flag here)
1 Ammunition, Possession of, Without LTC (MA BS, but not good)

As far as a labor suit he's getting nowhere now with those other valid (for MA) & federal charges

edited to add emphasis: because NESrs can't read:confused:

Last edited:
Read the charges that janitor had no LTC and the firearm had a defaced serial #. This is not a good guy getting jammed up.

He owns a firearm with a defaced serial number? That’s a pretty serious crime anywhere. Not MA BS.

So you equate being a crime to being a bad person?

Because he was in possession of a gun with
a defaced serial number. Enough said.

Why is that enough said?

Nobody needs an AR-15. So being in possession of one makes you a bad person. Enough said.

Or does it not work that way?

Owning a AR is not a crime.

Defacing the serial number on a firearm is only done for a single purpose.
And that purpose is never a good one.

Back
Top Bottom