on and all is ok there???

I just watched a couple of videos of the
tornado. Wow. I hope the injuries will
be low. Looks like a lot of damage.

Doug

Last edited:
Thursday 02 June 2011
I confirmed with Eastern States Expo that
the show will go on as scheduled this weekend.

The tornado did no damage to the Expo
property.

Excellent -- this was exactly the news I was hoping to hear. I'll be wandering around there for a good deal of Saturday. Can't wait.

Cant justify a trip that far for a glorified flea market, excessive parking, ripoff admission and the worst,most expensive pig swill they call food on the east coast.

be there Sat till I've worn out the bad knee, 6 days till the new one is installed

Yes the food is over priced, but better than most road kill !!...yes and yes to parking and admission also, but at the very least you get to look at toys ,get the stuff you need if you take a list with you and for the most part this one is the military one, you can find what you need at a reasonable prices .

I don't tend to look to gun shows for a fine dining experience anyway -- and it's bound to be a more entertaining way to spend a Saturday than stuck in traffic on Daniel Webster Highway

If you go down the road to Century Plaza, there is a really good all you can eat chinese restuarant..Century Buffet for those that don't want to eat the food at the show. I'd call and see if they are open though. Not sure if they had damage from the tornado. They thought Bob's furniture store got hit.

If you go down the road to Century Plaza, there is a really good all you can eat chinese restuarant..Century Buffet for those that don't want to eat the food at the show. I'd call and see if they are open though. Not sure if they had damage from the tornado. They thought Bob's furniture store got hit.

Should be ok. I checked-out the plaza yesterday, should be good to go.

Always a good choice. My personal favorite happens to be Golden Corral. So much beeeeeeeeef!

I shall be there. I'm gonna don an NES nametag so someone says HI!
Look for me in an IDPA hat.

I'll be hunting for p220 mags on sat morning.

Ink is friendly and only bites on rare occasions. Feel free to yell out to me!

Just got back from the BigE, left about 11:30. Looked like it was light in regard to dealers and attendance was low. A couple of good deals were available, and several dealers had the new Remington 1911s but price range was pretty wide from ~ $700 to full list price. As this was a militaria show there were a lot of "relic" only dealers.

Don't bother going to the show.!!!!!!!!.

.. I am working at it and it is DEAD!!!!!! Not much as to new stuff, $5 to park and $11 per day to connect to the internet to use MIRCS. Promoter rip off.

The only good part was I picked up a 1952 all matching Russian SKS in pristine condition....$250...he also had a SVT for $600 but I didn't have the cash.

Don't bother going to the show.!!!!!!!!.

.. I am working at it and it is DEAD!!!!!! Not much as to new stuff, $5 to park and $11 per day to connect to the internet to use MIRCS. Promoter rip off.

The only good part was I picked up a 1952 all matching Russian SKS in pristine condition....$250...he also had a SVT for $600 but I didn't have the cash.

Was looking around your normal work locale, didn't see you. Were you undercover today? [smile]

GO if you need Bodyguard magazines!!!!!
They had tons of them. i bought 2, my friend bought 3

The show was OK, easy looking around but eerily quiet. The local tornado damage is shocking.... we took a wrong turn and ended up seeing a lot of it. My heart goes out to everyone.

GO if you need Bodyguard magazines!!!!!
They had tons of them. i bought 2, my friend bought 3

The show was OK, easy looking around but eerily quiet. The local tornado damage is shocking.... we took a wrong turn and ended up seeing a lot of it. My heart goes out to everyone.

I took the same wrong turn and drove right through the tornado damaged area, too. It was really quite shocking. I took a couple pics:

tornado1.jpg

tornado2.jpg

tornado3.jpg

I can imagine what that place must have been like when this all went down. It must have felt like hell on earth.

Anyway, I agree the show was pretty decent if you were looking for mags. Prices were all over the map. I must have seen at least 15 dealers selling S&W M&P15-22s with prices from $429 to $579. Some of those guys could stand to do a bit more homework if they wanted to sell stuff. If you had the patience to really comparison shop, there were a few decent deals to be had.

I know that there's at least one piece taunting me enough that I may go back and pick up if I can find a way to justify spending the cash.

Slow show - some pre-ban Colt mags at a decent price. They were opened from a sealed case marked '1980'. Obligatory Nazis marching around...It was overall a yawn festival. If you're looking for pre-ban Colts, go to the right just after you enter and continue down to about the 3rd row from the end. Go up a few tables and look for Lee Sportsmen's Association, (we have a table and raffle). The pre-ban Colts are directly across...

Last edited:
so those sleazy promoters are now charging for internet hook ups to do background checks? while still charging dealers to park and raping them on the table cost? I gotta wonder how the dealers make any $$. The promoters and Big E seem to have found a way to run themselves out of business.

I didn't see anything worth buying except for tombstone but i never have much luck talking them down to more reasonable prices on their old colts. I did however have a great conversation with a gentleman who was selling a bunch of grips and sights. I really wish i had gotten his name and phone number. Hopefully i see him again. He educated me a bit more on some of the minor nuances of some of the colt grip styles.

If anyone knows who the older gentleman was who had a bunch of grips for sale, namely a 3rd gen set of colt duty grips, and a set of colt bi centennial grips, please let me know

That show tends to be the smallest of the 4 or so shows that they have there every year. I couldn't make it, I did to much and my back wouldn't let me get out of bed for most of the weekend, IT SUCKED, I wanted to go.

Huh, that's strange, I just went to the Big E's site to check on the next show, the one that is in Oct. (that one is usally the best show) and it isn't listed, neither is the Dec. show.

I must search more, more to come !!!

Last edited:
That show tends to be the smallest of the 4 or so shows that they have there every year. I couldn't make it, I did to much and my back wouldn't let me get out of bed for most of the weekend, IT SUCKED, I wanted to go.

That's interesting. I haven't attended any Big E shows for the past few years, but always found this one to be the most interesting. Perhaps because I'm a C&R [wink] . . . and I also hold a C&R FFL? I say this as a collector who likes to look at the old stuff, not as a buyer looking to buy at the show. I always go to gun shows for "entertainment value" and if I find something to buy (rarely anything significant) that is a plus.

The October show is largely geared to hunting, and of less interest to me even if more tables are filled.

All that said, I'd love to see shows anywhere in MA where the entire building is packed with tables, but alas our laws are so screwed up that this will never happen again.

Back
Top Bottom