Mid Hudson Gun Show In West Springfield this weekend……

Hummm, they changed the name but it's still the Big E gun show. You have to pay to park and then pay to get into the venue. They advertise 500 plus tables but last time I went there were less than 200. Unless you live real close, it's not worth the ride.

Hummm, they changed the name but it's still the Big E gun show. You have to pay to park and then pay to get into the venue. They advertise 500 plus tables but last time I went there were less than 200. Unless you live real close, it's not worth the ride.
I’m in Westfield, which is 10 minutes away. Maybe I’ll make the trip over.

What’s the admission price here? Is it worth it to check out? Looking for a decently priced HK P30SK
decently priced and a MA gun show are an oxymoron. I stopped going to the W Spfld gun show years ago, it sucks, it's the same people with the same crap year after year, tons of hot sauce and junk sellers, old non firearm mil surp crap, firearms are largely overpriced, ammo is priced high, nobody wants to haggle, etc. Maybe, and that's a big maybe, you can snag a deal on something the end of the second day if you find a seller trying to liquidate some inventory before packing up, but you better hope your NICS check doesn't go to further review or get delayed because then you'll have to drive all over hell to pick up your gun or cancel the transaction. Unless your into hot sauce and crappy knives I wouldn't waste your time.

decently priced and a MA gun show are an oxymoron. I stopped going to the W Spfld gun show years ago, it sucks, it's the same people with the same crap year after year, tons of hot sauce and junk sellers, old non firearm mil surp crap, firearms are largely overpriced, ammo is priced high, nobody wants to haggle, etc. Maybe, and that's a big maybe, you can snag a deal on something the end of the second day if you find a seller trying to liquidate some inventory before packing up, but you better hope your NICS check doesn't go to further review or get delayed because then you'll have to drive all over hell to pick up your gun or cancel the transaction. Unless your into hot sauce and crappy knives I wouldn't waste your time.
So nothings changed I see? 😂😂

I have been going twice a year for probably 20 years. Yes, it is smaller. I still have a good time with my 8 year old Grandson. son and daughter-in law. I found and bought a beautiful Ruger Mark 11 and the price was reasonable (Tombstone). My son found what he was looking for...a Remington 870 20 gauge with a rifled barrel, cantilever, and scope (Mikes Guns and parts) and my Daughter-in Law found a cute Ruger NIB LCP11. I went looking for a 20 gauge reloading press and found one for $50 (MEC) but my son wanted me to look for his gun and when I got back to the MEC it was gone. Tombstone and Mike's had the best prices and doing the most selling. The wait for a transfer was about one hour start to finish.

Attachments

• 20230312_070344.jpg
    20230312_070344.jpg
    642.6 KB · Views: 27
I have been going twice a year for probably 20 years. Yes, it is smaller. I still have a good time with my 8 year old Grandson. son and daughter-in law. I found and bought a beautiful Ruger Mark 11 and the price was reasonable (Tombstone). My son found what he was looking for...a Remington 870 20 gauge with a rifled barrel, cantilever, and scope (Mikes Guns and parts) and my Daughter-in Law found a cute Ruger NIB LCP11. I went looking for a 20 gauge reloading press and found one for $50 (MEC) but my son wanted me to look for his gun and when I got back to the MEC it was gone. Tombstone and Mike's had the best prices and doing the most selling. The wait for a transfer was about one hour start to finish.

Yeah, YOU went and had a good time and found some good buys.

But what about all those others who DIDN'T go and DIDN'T get anything?

[/SARCASM]

Like the SAS motto, "Who dares, wins".

Glad you and the family had a good time.

It's exponentially worse than all of that, thats just the surface....

It's especially apparent with the ongoing conspiracy to push better dealers like Shooting Supply out of the show. They attempted to offer something remotely market competitive for pricing and got punished by the "collective" for it. So basically one is at a thought junction where you have to face the facts that some significant % of those dealers that are left behind are
involved in actively trying to f*** the consumers out of getting a good deal. Otherwise they would be protesting Shooting Supply's ouster, but instead they remain quiet and do nothing
because it benefits them being rapey.

Also... you know things are getting bad when the NY ammo guys are bailing out on those shows, those guys used to be that bitch's pets but she's even managed to spurn them at this
point. That speaks volumes when even those guys are gone, you know there is swill in the water.....

They do have the best booth at those horrible shows, but for all you know its potentially filled with the remnants of someone elses worst day of their life.... hard pass, no thx.

SGT Drucker, LAPD says:

View: https://youtu.be/Po55PSJcoRE?t=62

Bonus content:

You could stop at 5 or 6 stores..... or just one.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCeQLeQiRP4

"This number was composed by.... Xavier Ginsburg. " [rofl]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKdrnTTDTqo

The last three times I’ve been to that show it has been very disappointing. They went up on the price this time. A lot of junk year after year. Really don’t have any guns and not a lot of gun shops show up for it anymore. They can sell more on a Saturday in their own shop. The 500 table deal is made up. Unless you’re looking for beef jerky, a T-shirt, a hat or a bumper sticker it really isn’t worth the money. Keep the faith we’re gonna get through this!

I was at my local FFL's shop (in Chicopee) about noontime or so yesterday. A guy whom I did not know (and was standing behind the counter with the staff) said he had gone that morning and it was lousy. Lots of empty tables, no deals that he could see see. Said he only picked up some blacksmith tools. We all took his word on it.

Last edited:
I unfortunately went. $5 to park, $15 to enter. There were some interesting things there, but I hope anyone who was looking to purchase a new or used gun doesn't have the internet to see how bad they got ripped off. The prices were close to RETAIL. Maybe a couple deals on stuff no one wants, but I actually laughed out loud when looking at the prices from the dealers.

If you're a kid looking for a cool LOOKING knife (ok, maybe some might be decent) - this is the show for you!

Back
Top Bottom