• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro next weekend 9/23 & 9/24

I'll be there, wearing my CC sash, we should set up a meeting area/time. I go mostly to see friends, I hope the guy with the antique lever actions are there so I can gawk, and I need some hot sauce.

Will be there. Need to keep these shows going. There are a lot of good dealers there.
I have even seen a dealer from the Mill.

Have gotten many good deals at past shows.
The Mill guys would get Shooting-Supplied once the perpetual vendors saw their prices were about 25% less than theirs.

Will be there. Need to keep these shows going.
Yes, we do need to keep them going and for as long as possible in these days of HD4420 and other massive efforts by leftist DimocRATS to shut down the 2nd Amendment and fully disarm us. :mad: Funny that more people don't see how these shows help to preserve a healthy pro-gun culture in Massachusetts. 🤔

Yes, we do need to keep them going and for as long as possible in these days of HD4420 and other massive efforts by leftist DimocRATS to shut down the 2nd Amendment and fully disarm us. :mad: Funny that more people don't see how these shows help to preserve a healthy pro-gun culture in Massachusetts. 🤔
The exact opposite is true. You should be supporting good Mass-based FFL’s and LGSs that have skin in the game, not these gypsy cry-babies charging outrageous prices.

The exact opposite is true. You should be supporting good Mass-based FFL’s and LGSs that have skin in the game, not these gypsy cry-babies charging outrageous prices.
I guess you don't understand that all the tables selling firearms at the show were/are MA FFL's. In fact (from Wikipedia): "FFL holders, in general, can only transfer firearms to a non-licensed individual if that individual resides in the state where the FFL holder is licensed to do business, and only at that place of business or a gun show in their state." So heck, no wonder that every gun I've ever bought at a MA gun show was bought from a MA FFL. Funny how that works! [laugh]

So therefore...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yptXkLglKkA

I guess you don't understand that all the tables selling firearms at the show were/are MA FFL's. In fact (from Wikipedia): "FFL holders, in general, can only transfer firearms to a non-licensed individual if that individual resides in the state where the FFL holder is licensed to do business, and only at that place of business or a gun show in their state." So heck, no wonder that every gun I've ever bought at a MA gun show was bought from a MA FFL. Funny how that works! [laugh]

So therefore...

There aren't any shops that have an MA and a NH FFL that go to Marlborough?

Did anyone go. Any reviews
Very typical post-COVID show. $15 admission less your coupon value. Threat of rain kept some people away. Some new vendors... some old ones missing... some old ones that have come back. A few more gun dealers overall than last time. Probably 300 tables (not 500). Funny that they didn't spread them out as much as they usually do for just 300 tables, meaning lots of unnecessarily crowded spots. Kinda weird.

Still sorely missing Dave the everything parts guy (R.I.P.) and missing Mike (Guns & Parts) from West Spfld. ESS didn't bother to show up, but that might be because of the Big E. The "new" ammo guy showed up, but I wasn't interested enough to scan his prices. The usual jerky guy wasn't there, but there was another one. Lots and lots of plastic guns, lots of pre-ban magazine tables... few interesting collectible guns at doable prices.

Prices were generally high (no surprise). I turned down some parts and accessories from the Chinese guy that I could buy cheaper on-line. Without competition from Dave (or others), he is not dealing at all.

GOAL was there (as usual) handing out HD4420 signs.

I got out cheap without any major purchases. Had fun. No regrets. A good day. [thumbsup]

Last edited:

So therefore...

Let me help you here, since I know you’re well-meaning, even if not very sharp…

There used to be great deals at these shows. When that stopped being a thing it also stopped me from going. I mean, it's why I went in the first place! Discounted used guns and ammo.
There hasn't been discounted anything since shooting supply was banned from the shows.

10-15 years ago they weren't the only ones with decent prices either.

As a "scene" its demonstrably worse now.

There aren't any shops that have an MA and a NH FFL that go to Marlborough?
Anybody that actually has that capability.... is too busy selling stuff out of their shop to go to a shitty mass gun show. 🤣

ETA: they still couldn't use their NH license to commensurate the transaction anyways because of the s***** Mass laws so you'd still have to move the gun physically into the other state to make such a transaction happen.....

There used to be great deals at these shows. When that stopped being a thing it also stopped me from going. I mean, it's why I went in the first place! Discounted used guns and ammo.
I used to go to all of them, until they banned Shooting Supply for having competitive prices.

If you think this promoter or her perpetual vendors value 2A rights beyond their ability to sell you overpriced junk you are a fool.

It used to be kind of worth it for small parts, ammo and components to avoid shipping/hazmat. even with the admission it could be worth it. But that’s been a long time gone now. I will say that it was also a good way too see a lot of different guns in one place to just window shop.

I wanted to go this weekend but had other family obligations

Very typical post-COVID show. $15 admission less your coupon value. Threat of rain kept some people away. Some new vendors... some old ones missing... some old ones that have come back. A few more gun dealers overall than last time. Probably 300 tables (not 500). Funny that they didn't spread them out as much as they usually do for just 300 tables, meaning lots of unnecessarily crowded spots. Kinda weird.

Still sorely missing Dave the everything parts guy (R.I.P.) and missing Mike (Guns & Parts) from West Spfld. ESS didn't bother to show up, but that might be because of the Big E. The "new" ammo guy showed up, but I wasn't interested enough to scan his prices. The usual jerky guy wasn't there, but there was another one. Lots and lots of plastic guns, lots of pre-ban magazine tables... few interesting collectible guns at doable prices.

Prices were generally high (no surprise). I turned down some parts and accessories from the Chinese guy that I could buy cheaper on-line. Without competition from Dave (or others), he is not dealing at all.

GOAL was there (as usual) handing out HD4420 signs.

I got out cheap without any major purchases. Had fun. No regrets. A good day. [thumbsup]

Well that is a stellar review thank you for affirmation of my decision not to attend.

Back
Top Bottom