Went to manchester firing line today

groundscrapers

NES Member
They have a pretty sweet selection of guns that me as a MA resident was drooling over. I was pretty bummed to find out there was no more .223 frangible ammo and a 2.5h wait to shoot so back to W.Mass I went but I shall return... and hopefully to the new range.

Yeah I was there 2 weeks ago. I was told 2.5hrs and no frangible ammo. I waited about 1.5 hours and stayed at #5 in line the whole time. They bump you if a member comes in. So you could be number 5 in line to get a booth, but if 5 members come in while you are waiting you effectively have not moved up at all in 2 hours. The fee to be a member is comparable to joining a club and you still have to pay to shoot. Albeit half price, but still.

If you want to come in on a weekend, you should post and ask of anyone is a MEMBER who would be willing to make a reservation and add you as a GUEST. You would get your own lane still, and your own slip, and who knows you might make a new friend in the process :) No lines.... no waiting!

Went up last week to buy some ammo available to green members through a group buy. Place was not too busy, and the guys working there were really nice, talked for a bit, had a few laughs and made it worth the trip up from the North Shore. As a rule, I do not shoot on public ranges so range availability is not an issue. I do agree, though, that it is frustrating for a MA resident to go into any non-MA firearm store and see the variety of products not accessible to us here in the People's Republic, I mean the Commonwealth.

Chris

Went up there Saturday to pick up some FNH .223. The place was BEYOND packed. 3hr+ wait for the range and could barely move inside the store. Wish I could have spent more time looking around, but I'll be back.

If you shoot there 6 times a year, the membership is payed for on the savings. Money well spent. As a member you can call ahead ( 1 hour notice ) and reserve a lane. As mentioned, the weekends are the busiest days ( I always reserve a lane if going on the weekend ).

Wow, I've never been there when its that busy... but when I go, I usually blow in an hour or two before closing. I don't go in too often since I usually shoot at the club when its nice out, but I do really like going up there in the winter. They run a a really nice operation.

Back
Top Bottom