Well crap, I guess you CAN put an idiot mark in a Glock

daveshrews

NES Member
I just had my Glock 19 out, and I noticed a pretty huge gouge in the side of the frame. I didn't even realize it was possible to damage a Glock! I must have done this recently when I tried to put it in an old holster that I think was made for a Sig P220. Oops. There's also a smaller gouge in the rear of the frame, on the corner.

I guess my question is... is there an easy way I can smooth those down? I don't really care so much about the looks; to me, a Glock is a utility gun. But I am still kicking myself for putting those gouges in there because I am an idiot. Any advice, or just let it be?

photo 1.jpg photo 3.jpg photo 2.jpg

careful that is a sign it's going to explode.
I used a soldering iron set on low (15W) to smooth out the stippling on my grip. I bet you could do the same here. Just use the fine tip and melt it back down,

A dremel cutting wheel on high speed should level that sucker right down!

Or ya know, sandpaper like everyone else said.

I'd just leave it alone, unless its scraping your hand or something while you shoot the gun. By sanding it you'll just replace one blem with another.

-Mike

A couple of years ago bought a PX4 Storm SC with a big idiot mark on the slide, I have no idea how the guy did it: it was behind the safety. Didn't stop it from shooting perfectly, and didn't hurt the trade value later on.

Posted from my car phone.

Last edited:
I was going to recommend a razor blade to shave off the excess hanging off the gun.

Like Drgrant said, leave it alone if it's not bothering your hand. If it is I would go with the above advice and scrape it off with a razor blade.

If you sand it, it will bring down the surface texture.

I'd just lay a knife blade very flat on the grip and cut/scrape off the plastic that has flowed out of the gouge. Then call it a day.

If you really care, you could do a full stipple job on the grip which would cover it completely.

Don

next time stop cramming guns into holsters that they aren't meant to be crammed into. this is a tool which you might need to save your life, excuse me, mr. badguy while i wrestle my gun free of the holster for a completely different and not at all similar firearm.

What is the holster made out of that this happened at all? Seems like you'd have to be trying pretty hard to force it for a gouge like that.

Reminds me of a German Dueling Scar...

images

Back
Top Bottom