Weird shooting in Beverly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. I feel for the kids, and the people who have to pick up the pieces from these two and their chest puffing spat.

Why don't we all just agree it is a tragic occurrence. Again, there are no winners here.

Two famlies are in mourning, not a happy day for anyone. Sympathies and prayers for the kids.

I unfortunatly along with many in the surounding town's will not miss him......[wave].I am sorry his kin has to feel such pain but there are many beer's being raised high that he is no longer with us....I will not expand on some of my personal run in's but I will mention one....had a plate on my car this guy wanted so bad he would stop me every time I went through town harrasing me about it...he even went to the regiestry to try and have it pulled....several other were he proved to be he was a dick....three cheers!!![cheers]

Your not that much far off buddy. [thinking].

I'm amazed at the number of cop hater's on this site that comment about a tragic incident that this is for the family.

I'm amazed at the number of cop hater's on this site that comment about a tragic incident that this is for the family.

It was an attempted murder/suicide. Done by a noncop and the comments would be much worse. He is getting a free pass for being a cop and being local.

I unfortunatly along with many in the surounding town's will not miss him......[wave].I am sorry his kin has to feel such pain but there are many beer's being raised high that he is no longer with us....I will not expand on some of my personal run in's but I will mention one....had a plate on my car this guy wanted so bad he would stop me every time I went through town harrasing me about it...he even went to the regiestry to try and have it pulled....several other were he proved to be he was a dick....three cheers!!![cheers]

I don't really see this as a big deal either way, but this comment is a little much if you ask me. Relax there killa.

It's always a tragedy for the families involved, if the wife was cheating and this was over her then I hope she has a hard time sleeping at night knowing her inability to control herself lead to one mans death and another being injured.

That being said I generally don't give a damn for either the victim or the shooter, sorry but I don't. And I'd feel the same way about the shooter and the victim whether they were cops or not. However the only good thing about this is there are two less uniforms on the street for the time being, I don't mind saying every cop off the street means a dog/drug user/homeowner/gunowner might make it home alive tonight.

So, is the hot wife available now?

katie-nagy.jpg

It is tragic for the families. I DO NOT, however, think we should condemn a man for shooting a guy in the junk that was (if he really was, that is) screwing his wife. In fact, in a perfect society, that would be a legal and socially acceptable thing to do. Someone taps your wife, you shoot them in the dick, and move on with your day.

It is tragic for the families. I DO NOT, however, think we should condemn a man for shooting a guy in the junk that was (if he really was, that is) screwing his wife. In fact, in a perfect society, that would be a legal and socially acceptable thing to do. Someone taps your wife, you shoot them in the dick, and move on with your day.

Negative, the wife had a commitment not the other guy.

I DO NOT, however, think we should condemn a man for shooting a guy in the junk that was (if he really was, that is) screwing his wife.

The guy almost bled out. If not for the fact there was a nurse on scene, and a couple of other people that saw he was spurting blood, he would have died, and there is still a chance that he could get a staph infection that could kill him. He is by no means out of the woods yet.

If he had a domestic problem, he needed to discuss it with his domestic partner. He did not make a vow with the cop that was shot, he made it with his spouse,if that was the case, and we do not know what caused Nagy to open fire on the other officer. For all we know the other officer threatened Nagy and he responded with force.

It is all speculation at this point.

Let's wait for some facts to come out before we start jumping to conclusions.

If Nagy really cared about his family, he would have put the needs of his children first, and IMHO by shooting himself he failed in that task.

But I still say for the umpteenth time it is tragic, it was unnecessary, and everyone involved lost here, including family and friends on both sides of the issue.

I hope Hamilton doesn't need any backup from Beverly anytime soon, I can see the relationship between the 2 departments could be strained.

Dead man tell no tale.....other cop can pretty much admit or deny what ever he wants. Hopefully if he was banging some other guys wife he keeps his mouth shut....sounds like his little woodie may be a limp noddle the rest of his life. So I guess you could say the other cop was defending his property?

LTC-A Target and hunting? Or LTC-B? Which one did you get? How many times did you take the civil service exam? You should remove the Dept of the Army from your avatar.

[thinking]

IBTL

I think the French do that...

:)

Actually, there are relatively few when you realize there are nearly 20K green members. I get along with many cops and have four in my family. This case just begs for the criticism for what has been committed to one by one.

Lumping everyone together as being cop haters is pretty ridiculous. Maybe kissing a$$ gets you points but in here we are all equal unless we are not. Understand?

It is no secret that law enforcement and I don't see eye to eye, it isn't anything personal against any 1 cop, it is more of an objection to the way the profession has changed in the last 40 years.

So if anyone was going to turn this into a cop bashing thread, trust me I would have been the first one on the bus, BUT this has little or nothing to do with the fact they were both sworn officers, there appears to be no official misconduct, there are whispers that there was some behavior that was inappropriate off the job, and there was bad judgement used all around, BUT this is not any reason to start bashing the cops this time.

If you want to bash cops, we can start another thread, just give Derek enough time to double or triple the space on the servers to store it all.

This was 2 men, who happened to be cops, who had some sort of disagreement, and it turned violent, and in the end deadly.

If it were 2 truck drivers, this thread wouldn't be anywhere near 100 posts.

It is only being sensationalized in the media because they are cops. How many people are going to get shot tonight in Roxbury, Dorchester, Lawrence, Springfield, or anyplace for that mater, and it won't even be a blip on the news or more than a few words in print?

Yea I think it's more of a "don't f*** someone else's wife" thread. Get divorced like normal people get the child support alimony and whatever else. Then you can take her as your own. Not before.

If nothing else, you can at least keep your junk intact.

My gawd even as terrible all that is on the kids it's better than what happened.

This whole thing sucks.

Just talked to a witness... the info he gave me summed up... Nagy calmly made a double-tap to Lantych's groin. Lots of witness to the actual shooting (which doesnt seem to correspond with news reports) including young children. Nagy then quickly dipped out, many citizens jumped into action (as far as Im concerned the real heroes) applied a turniquet and stopped bleeding (probably saving him from bleeding out).

Depending on where the gunshot wound was, as the "groin" is a notoriously nasty part of the body to stop bleeding in, I'm surprised they were able to stop the bleeding. A mere turniquet is completely ineffective when used on this type of wound. You have to pack the wound as best you can and apply A TON of direct pressure until higher care can be obtained. Kudos to the first responders! (bystanders)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom