Weird shooting in Beverly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blitz1,

The video you linked to was from the earlier broadcast.

Then there was a news conference that Channel Five stayed around for and then Officer Nagy was "found" as they were going on air just before the 11:00 news.

Channel Five just updated at 11:35 PM and again at 11:43.

I don't know how much they will report before morning but I am sure that it will be all over the news then.

I hope the families were not watching the news hoping to hear good news of him turning himself in. [sad2]

Seeing as the shooting took place BEHIND the building we will probably not know for a while if ever.

It reported that Officer Lantych, the victim, stated who shot him while being treated by first responders.

I saw it on the news a little while ago. The info on their site isn't up to date with what they reported.

I bet the cop fell asleep in his car on the street, with the doors unlocked, and when the Beverly cop went to lock his door for him, the guy woke up and shot in self defense.

Who was nailing whose wife?

And BTW, no woman is worth this. Never.

I don't think this shooting is over a woman, married or not.
Two young children are without their dad and his death is by his own hand. I suspect the motive for the shooting and the self -inflicted death will be found by a direct link between these two police sergeants.
Best regards.

I don't think this shooting is over a woman, married or not.
Two young children are without their dad and his death is by his own hand. I suspect the motive for the shooting and the self -inflicted death will be found by a direct link between these two police sergeants.
Best regards.

Learning lesson to the kids: cops will kill your parents over something trivial and stupid.

No, no sympathy for either if these idiots. I could care less. My heart goes out to the mothers and the little ones...they're the only ones that count here.

Learning lesson to the kids: cops will kill your parents over something trivial and stupid.

No, no sympathy for either if these idiots. I could care less. My heart goes out to the mothers and the little ones...they're the only ones that count here.

This, As long as they're shooting each other I really don't care. It's too bad for the wife and kids but then again if the wife was screwing around maybe she's partially at fault here...

Here's my shocked face:

image-4.jpg

Sounds like one of the mothers is a wee bit responsible for the result. Don't shoot anyone over one, but don't give them the moral high ground free pass they ain't worth it and don't deserve it.

Just talked to a witness... the info he gave me summed up... Nagy calmly made a double-tap to Lantych's groin. Lots of witness to the actual shooting (which doesnt seem to correspond with news reports) including young children. Nagy then quickly dipped out, many citizens jumped into action (as far as Im concerned the real heroes) applied a turniquet and stopped bleeding (probably saving him from bleeding out). The first responding officer was actually a hamilton cop (not that unusual to see hamilton/wenham cruisers in Beverly to get lunch,get dunkin donuts, gas up or whatever). Lantych started repeating to the hamilton cop "Nagy, Nagy, Nagy" The responding officer assuming Lantych was delirious said "Im not nagy I am...." Lantych replied "No Nagy shot me".

Disclaimer- This account is from a fairly credible source, but should not be taken as fact, it was a recount of what he told me he told police and is not my first hand account, but a paraphrasing of what I have heard.

My prayers go out to all involved and i have heard more good than bad about both of these officers

Last edited:
Men have gone to war over a woman, This will never change.

This. I want to see a pic of the woman worth dying for.

ok. having seen said woman, and she is a 32yo trophy....I'd still be alive, the other cop would be fine and my wife would get an injection of herpes while she was sleeping. [wink]

Last edited:
There was an incident in New York about the time I moved up here in 1990. Some undercover cop was having an affair with the wife of one of the bomb squad guys. One morning the u/c cop went out to start his car and it went BOOM ! IIRC, bomb squad guy was shuffled off to a deskjob.

Frankly speaking, I have no sympathy or respect for all involved. LE requires absolute and unconditional trust in one's co-workers, betray that trust and one way or another its game over.

Bingo!!
I went to highschool with both involved. The facebook rumor and gossip from a close friend of the wife of the deceased says this was over an extra marital affair.

Damn, I was just kidding based on a couple guys I went to HS with who are now cops.

I couldn't imagine someone being so stupid as to do that over an affair. psgwsp apparently.

I know none of you know me, but i all i ask is for a bit of respect as he was a good friend,
Rest in peace Ken.
Thanks

Just talked to a witness... the info he gave me summed up... Nagy calmly made a double-tap to Lantych's groin. Lots of witness to the actual shooting (which doesnt seem to correspond with news reports) including young children. Nagy then quickly dipped out, many citizens jumped into action (as far as Im concerned the real heroes) applied a turniquet and stopped bleeding (probably saving him from bleeding out). The first responding officer was actually a hamilton cop (not that unusual to see hamilton/wenham cruisers in Beverly to get lunch,get dunkin donuts, gas up or whatever). Lantych started repeating to the hamilton cop "Nagy, Nagy, Nagy" The responding officer assuming Lantych was delirious said "Im not nagy I am...." Lantych replied "No Nagy shot me".

Hey there P. Lopes, Ken sounds like he was a stand up fellow.

Frankly speaking, I have no sympathy or respect for all involved. LE requires absolute and unconditional trust in one's co-workers, betray that trust and one way or another its game over.
Same here. I feel for the kids, and the people who have to pick up the pieces from these two and their chest puffing spat.

I know none of you know me, but i all i ask is for a bit of respect as he was a good friend,
Rest in peace Ken.
Thanks

IF, the story is true, that, this was extra-marital-affair drama, you want the community to give the cheating douche respect because he was your good friend ?
And if he was a person that no one here was friends with, then what ?

IF, the story is true, that, this was extra-marital-affair drama, you want the community to give the cheating douche respect because he was your good friend ?
And if he was a person that no one here was friends with, then what ?

His Friend is the other one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom