Weird shooting in Beverly

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the disposition of the wives?

I'd put my money on a little "homegrown" unhappiness if I were to fancy a WAG.

The wanted officer is dead.

Channel Five.

ETA: Reporter was down the street in Beverly and the Hamilton officer was found in a car.

The report was this happened less than 20 minutes ago. Even the video did not correspond with the narrative due to 'breaking news'.

It was reported as a 'violent end'.

Prayers for the families of BOTH officers. Neither deserve this.

Last edited:
Channel Five is the only ones on scene it seems.

Reporting live now.

ETA: "More as it comes in"'

They showed video of the Police surrounding a vehicle. It appears that Channel Five, WCVB, may have more video they are editing.
They have been known to go long on these type of sad stories.

Last edited:
no winners in this type of situation, everyone looses.

RIP Officer, fast recovery wishes to the wounded Beverly officer

The Original Story was updated at 10:36 and was live at 11:00 stating 'a violent end'.

ETA: It appears they are updating the website. They are now reporting Officer Nagy as deceased.

Same Link as below.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/30539234/detail.html

Gunman Sought In Beverly Shooting

Victim Stumbles Into Starbucks Store

POSTED: 9:33 pm EST February 24, 2012
UPDATED: 10:36 pm EST February 24, 2012

BEVERLY, Mass. -- Authorities with the Massachusetts State Police and Beverly Police Department are investigating the shooting of a man on Route 1A in Beverly.

Investigators said an off-duty Hamilton, Mass., police officer, Kenneth Nagy, is the suspect in the case. He is still being sought.
Authorities said they believe Nagy is driving a black 2008 sport utility vehicle with license plate 4JH-620.
Witnesses said the victim, who was shot in the leg, stumbled into the Starbucks coffee shop just before 6 p.m.

Last edited:
Did they shoot each other?

The news reported 15 minutes ago they walked in together. Then 2 "pops."

Last edited:
There slow on updating the .net

Blitz1,

The video you linked to was from the earlier broadcast.

Then there was a news conference that Channel Five stayed around for and then Officer Nagy was "found" as they were going on air just before the 11:00 news.

Channel Five just updated at 11:35 PM and again at 11:43.

I don't know how much they will report before morning but I am sure that it will be all over the news then.

I hope the families were not watching the news hoping to hear good news of him turning himself in. [sad2]

ntomsw
If 1 is dead, you'll never get the right story now.

Seeing as the shooting took place BEHIND the building we will probably not know for a while if ever.

It reported that Officer Lantych, the victim, stated who shot him while being treated by first responders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom