• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Watch what you post online...

Arrested for saying Malloy should die? [rofl]

He's going to win that court case and end up with a hefty pay day from the police afterwards. All his lawyer is going to do is pull tens of thousands of similar statements from CT residents on public forums and ask why a third of CT isn't in jail.

Saying "I think" is not the same as saying "I am going to". Protected speech.

As for the AK, they are banned in CT, but he inherited it from his father so it's a legit grandfathered rifle.

I'm deleting my Facebook and Twitter accounts, dulling all my sharp utensils and living under a rock. But then it will only be a matter of time before the libs ban rocks for fear of someone being stoned to death.

Arrested for saying Malloy should die? [rofl]

He's going to win that court case and end up with a hefty pay day from the police afterwards. All his lawyer is going to do is pull tens of thousands of similar statements from CT residents on public forums and ask why a third of CT isn't in jail.

Saying "I think" is not the same as saying "I am going to". Protected speech.

As for the AK, they are banned in CT, but he inherited it from his father so it's a legit grandfathered rifle.

^This 100%! I hope this guy has the resources to fight this, or that some organization with back him up. I lost count of the number of "suggestions" of death and dismemberment that I read following the crap that Malloy pushed through. Unless he specifically shot his mouth off about how "HE" planned to do it, then it is just voicing his opinion and disgust on the internet, no different than many do here every day of the week on different issues.

Except that decisions of prosecutorial discretion like this are generally inadmissible to prove bias, and as long as that bias wasn't based on some sort of protected class animus.

All they need is probable cause under the statute to cover their asses.

The combination of making statements that could be perceived as threats of physical harm to someone while also owning firearms seems to be what gets you locked up with a ridiculous bail.

Yeah. I'm glad no one here does that.

Except that decisions of prosecutorial discretion like this are generally inadmissible to prove bias, and as long as that bias wasn't based on some sort of protected class animus.

All they need is probable cause under the statute to cover their asses.

He's a gun owner. That will make them admissible based on Malloy's numerous public speeches just this year basically calling for confiscation.

With a half decent lawyer this one will cost the state quite a bit of money, not to mention the civil liability of whoever reported it initially, as once he's cleared they will be open to a slander and defamation of character suit.

His lawyer is going to make a nice commission off this one.

Last edited:
It has been a year since I've last watched it, it is time to listen to the professor again. This was mandatory viewing for all my family

Last edited by a moderator:
This very scary shit because in the People's Republic of MA, this could be abused to pull your ltc for suitability reasons. There has been many instances where all of us have slipped here and there when passionately discussing, or arguing on various topics such as this, and in most cases it is purely just venting, or internet bravado.

it's the control they want, see V for Vendetta. [smile]

Yeah, because making threats is totally protected speech under the First Amendment. [rolleyes]

Seriously, some of you need to move to Somalia where there is no fuctioning government and no laws at all. Because that's the only way some of you will ever find true happiness.

Donald Kaul, says all gun owners should be killed. No action.
Jim Carey, gun owners don't deserve to live. No action.
Piers Morgan, threatened gun owners publicly multiple times. No action.
Obama calls people cowards. No action.
Now lets get into the hundreds of sheriffs, politicians, talk show hosts, left wingers, etc. that have said gun owners, Alex Jones, NRA, etc need to be killed or tortured publicly!

nra-threat-e1355677150967.jpg

Where's the action against these people!!!

Some idiot gets on YouTube and says he plans to defend his guns and will kill people who try to take them, gets his weapons siezed and his license suspended.

You were saying something about Somalia because I'm not seeing the functional government here! The only difference is we have laws here that only apply to half the population!

Last edited:
Gun owners are not a protected class. There is no civil liability for reporting his comment as a concern. That does not in any way constitute defamation. His lawyer might make some money off of him, but this guy isn't getting a dime from the state or any other individual.

You don't need to be a protected class. All you need to do is show that the person you were talking about has already singled out something you do in a public speech and all the other evidence comes into play. Once that happens he wins, then come the civil suits.

Last edited by a moderator:
John Montysko, 59, told police he was being sarcastic and meant no harm to the governor when he commented “I think we should douse Malloy and light him up,” in response to a story by WFSB, the local CBS affiliate, about a Willimantic man who committed suicide by lighting himself on fire at a gas station.

What if he said we should tar and feather him, or have him drawn and quartered?

I love that video clip! Thanks drgrant! It's funny to see the close up of the guy counting down before the explosions. "Hey, low level scientist guy, your on countdown duty today. Don't worry, it's not like the rig is gonna blow up. We'll see you on the main land after work for drinks. And bring a change of clothes, you can wash up on shore."

Now lets get into the hundreds of sheriffs, politicians, talk show hosts, left wingers, etc. that have said gun owners, Alex Jones, NRA, etc need to be killed or tortured publicly!

Those laws generally require threats be directed to a specific person.

He's a gun owner. That will make them admissible based on Malloy's numerous public speeches just this year basically calling for confiscation.

With a half decent lawyer this one will cost the state quite a bit of money, not to mention the civil liability of whoever reported it initially, as once he's cleared they will be open to a slander and defamation of character suit.

His lawyer is going to make a nice commission off this one.

This is factually and legally incorrect for the aforementioned reasons I and others have noted.

Let me ask, what's the cause of action?

This is factually and legally incorrect for the aforementioned reasons I and others have noted.

Let me ask, what's the cause of action?

We'll start with false imprisonment and go from there to slander, intentional infliction of emotional distress, etc, etc.

Once he is found to be exercising his first amendment rights all of those come into play. But by all means keep telling me I don't know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Dem sweatpants.

CT residents have until 1/1/14 to get an AW certificate for newly banned guns, however, there are models that fall under the old AW ban and for which the grace period, and ability to get a possession certificate, has expired. It may have fit this later criteria.

Informing police of a statement made on the internet is not slander, I think you need to review the definition of slander. If my neighbor hears loud gunfire that came from my speakers, and calls the police thinking that it's real, I do not have standing to sue. What injury was caused? Were the actions of the person who merely reported the comments to police the proximate cause of the injury, or was the fact that he posted the comments in a public forum on the internet? Did the person reporting know, or should have known, that their statements were not true and could cause unjust injury?

I think you need to review tort law.

I'm not talking about the initial report. I'm talking about dragging him through the mud in the news afterwards as some illegal gun trafficking nut job.

Yeah, because making threats is totally protected speech under the First Amendment. [rolleyes]

Seriously, some of you need to move to Somalia where there is no fuctioning government and no laws at all. Because that's the only way some of you will ever find true happiness.

I know it's horrible someone takes offense to the .gov deciding overnight that most of the shit you love is illegal. I'm sure you'd be thrilled if I was the MA governor and decided I didn't want LEO's to wear vests because bad guys used them to shoot up a school.

You say Somalia doesn't have a functioning government yet in the U.S. we have

over 100,000,000 Americans receiving some type welfare aid from our government.

we have 11-20 million illegals about to become citizens with no vetting process and a good majority will be added to the 100,000,000 million already taking out more than they pay in.

the state where the American Revolution was started locked up millions of it's citizens because ONE 19 year old snot nose punk was unaccounted for.

every time you turn on the TV some liberal politician is talking about taking away more of your freedoms and your money.

CT literally passed a law overnight that made firearms ownership literally impossible.

One man posts his frustrations online and HE'S wrong and the bad guy?.... America FVCK YA! [hmmm]

Last edited:

nra-threat-e1355677150967.jpg

Where's the action against these people!!!

Some idiot gets on YouTube and says he plans to defend his guns and will kill people who try to take them, gets his weapons siezed and his license suspended.

You were saying something about Somalia because I'm not seeing the functional government here! The only difference is we have laws here that only apply to half the population!

Bingo

I know it's horrible someone takes offense to the .gov deciding overnight that most of the shit you love is illegal. I'm sure you'd be thrilled if I was the MA governor and decided I didn't want LEO's to wear vests because bad guys used them to shoot up a school.

You say Somalia doesn't have a functioning government yet in the U.S. we have

over 100,000,000 Americans receiving some type welfare aid from our government.

we have 11-20 million illegals about to become citizens with no vetting process and a good majority will be added to the 100,000,000 million already taking out more than they pay in.

the state where the American Revolution was started locked up millions of it's citizens because ONE 19 year old snot nose punk was unaccounted for.

every time you turn on the TV some liberal politician is talking about taking away more of your freedoms and your money.

CT literally passed a law overnight that made firearms ownership literally impossible.

One man posts his frustrations online and HE'S wrong the bad guy?.... America FVCK YA! [hmmm]

+1
and
+1 Again

Last edited:
Double standard for liberals. Hopefully (and yet sadly), a good lawyer can argue all this away, and hopefully, at the least, this guy looses his AK.

Back
Top Bottom