Watch what you post online...

Barkhamsted Man Arraigned for Comments Threatening Gov. Dannel Malloy - News - The Litchfield County Times

^"Montysko was arrested Friday by the State Police Central District Major Crime Squad and charged with inciting injury to a person and second-degree threatening. During a search of Montysko’s 6 Swanson Road home Friday morning, police said they found an array of guns, including an illegal semi-automatic AK-47. He was charged additionally with possession of an assault weapon."

So now that the 2nd Amendment has been violated, they are also going after the 1st...

33p3iw4.jpg

someone has his screen name on here. who is he? [rofl]

On Friday, Mulhall and a state police detective went to Montysko’s home to interview him about the post. Mulhall said Montysko admitted to making the post and said he has “not been happy with Malloy and the way he is handling the state.” He said “he did not want to hurt Governor Malloy and has no intention of hurting Governor Malloy.”

Police said Montysko helped them locate the guns and ammunition in his home. When they found the assault weapon, Montysko said he found it when he was cleaning out his father-in-law’s house after he passed away.

Holy shit, don't talk to police....

Wow, some law-abiding Polack runs off his mouth and now is sitting in jail? Amazing! What was illegal about the AK-47?

Chris

From the sound of the article he may not have been in trouble until he showed them the guns.

I know the Libertarians here will be all over me, but him posting a picture of himself wearing all black with the AK is pretty stupid. Amazing thought that being stupid appears to be illegal now, Obama will lose his voting base.

For the record, that's what gets you locked up on $200k bail as "a risk to public safety."

The combination of making statements that could be perceived as threats of physical harm to someone while also owning firearms seems to be what gets you locked up with a ridiculous bail. I guess he should have preceded his comments with "In my opinion...", then he would have been fine [thinking]

Let's reiterate "Don't talk to police and don't let them in your house without a warrant". And I suppose it goes without saying that if you're going to be an internet tough guy taking on the man, you might want the phone numbers of a good attorney and a bail bondsman.

Last edited:
The combination of making statements that could be perceived as threats of physical harm to someone while also owning firearms seems to be what gets you locked up with a ridiculous bail.

Today. Maybe tomorrow disagreeing its with a leader's policy decisions?

Right. It's also worth noting that there's a big difference in the eyes of the law between saying that you hope something happens (for example), and saying that you're going to make something happen, or inciting others to make something happen. This guy more or less crossed the line with the statement, though he probably would have gotten away with nothing more than a police visit if the guns hadn't been involved. I wonder what would have happened if he declined to cooperate with the search.

Im sure millions of comments much worse than "we should douse him and light him up" are made every day on the internet. Someone saw it, got their panties in a bunch, and had enough sway to get police involved.

That being said, this idiot makes it worse by using his real name then conversing with cops and letting them in.

Im sure millions of comments much worse than "we should douse him and light him up" are made every day on the internet. Someone saw it, got their panties in a bunch, and had enough sway to get police involved.

That being said, this idiot makes it worse by using his real name then conversing with cops and letting them in.

I think you're right on all counts. From the sounds of it someone on the gov's staff probably has a google alert setup for the gov's name, or the person online wagging their finger reported the post.

I hereby retract all of my calls for the police and the criminal justice system to blow off the ****ing legs of the marathon bombing suspect.

If anyone misinterpreted it as a call for actual action to do physical harm to anyone I disclaim that and apologize profusely for the misunderstanding.

We (the criminal justice system, following due process) should execute him by lethal injection.

And the worms should eat his ****ing legs off.

This very scary shit because in the People's Republic of MA, this could be abused to pull your ltc for suitability reasons. There has been many instances where all of us have slipped here and there when passionately discussing, or arguing on various topics such as this, and in most cases it is purely just venting, or internet bravado.

I'm soo tempted to post some salacious stuff here, but to err on the side of cause, I can say, judging by he apple, the tree (the judge) is really ****ed up.

So now that the 2nd Amendment has been violated, they are also going after the 1st...
Yeah, because making threats is totally protected speech under the First Amendment. [rolleyes]

Seriously, some of you need to move to Somalia where there is no fuctioning government and no laws at all. Because that's the only way some of you will ever find true happiness.

Seriously, some of you need to move to Somalia where there is no fuctioning government and no laws at all. Because that's the only way some of you will ever find true happiness.
Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of one of those abandoned oil platforms, which I could declare my own country. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom