Watch the police remove a Watertown family from their home, and then search it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worse. As that was probably close to (if not) the "kitchen sink" response, the successfully managed to show their hand, in its entirety (or pretty nearly).

The "Kitchen sink"???, HAHAHA, WOW!!! If they didn't bring out the "Kitchen sink", there would be a Mega thread full of bitching and moaning, just like this one.

Who... in your "expert" opinion, should not have participated in bringing the "kitchen Sink" ?? Who, and what exactly, draws the line in the sand to say, " UH OH they brought the Kitchen sink, they should never have done that".?????

-

The "Kitchen sink"???, HAHAHA, WOW!!! If they didn't bring out the "Kitchen sink", there would be a Mega thread full of bitching and moaning, just like this one.

Who... in your "expert" opinion, should not have participated in bringing the "kitchen Sink" ?? Who, and what exactly, draws the line in the sand to say, " UH OH they brought the Kitchen sink, they should never have done that".?????

-
My point was that they rolled pretty much everything for a couple of nutty Chechens. Resources NOT being infinite, they'd likely have not much more available if there were a bigger threat.

My point was that they rolled pretty much everything for a couple of nutty Chechens. Resources NOT being infinite, they'd likely have not much more available if there were a bigger threat.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't even close to the "kitchen Sink", lets be honest, stop exaggerating.

I'm pretty sure they can have it covered if need be. We do have a miltary if we get thinned out, but lets be serious.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't even close to the "kitchen Sink", lets be honest, stop exaggerating.

I'm pretty sure they can have it covered if need be. We do have a miltary if we get thinned out, but lets be serious.

How about flying in cops from Chicago? Too much? Where do you draw the line? Are you ok flooding the streets with swat, bearcats and automatic weapons whenever some violent nut is on the loose? Is locking down the city still the answer?

Last edited:
And the limited resources in question aren't the cops, it's the money to pay for everything. They weren't unpaid volunteers out there.

So declaring martial law is the answer? That sounds like a response you would expect to see from a typical Huff-Post commenter.

... All i know is, people have alot of ill will towards the LEO's, and i'm not sure why?, perhaps problem in their past or they have something to hide, i don't know?? Yes some Cops are A-holes but i'm not going to hold it against every Cop, especially in an incident like this, i'm going to help them do their job, not make it harder. I don't necassarily feel safer with them near by, i have my own means of protecting myself. But i do know that if i get hassled by a LEO for something stupid, i now know who i'm blaming it on.
Just for one example. For me it would be enough, but you might be a little tougher than me.
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-az-jose-guerena-shot-60-times-swat-team.html

So what exactly would you expect the military to do "if we got thinned out" ???

And what changed? And, were you contemplating becoming a Bad Guy, what, potentially, could you learn from watching what they did?

You'd learn that the US is emotionally fragile, and as a result you can grind a city like Boston to a halt with a single attack. You would have also learned that, in a country where law enforcement chases a fugitive around like a bunch of 5 year olds trying to play soccer, any sort of distraction will buy you all the time and breathing room you need to make your escape.

You'd learn that you can grind a city like Boston to a halt with a single attack. You would have also learned that, in a country where law enforcement chases a fugitive around like a bunch of 5 year olds trying to play soccer, any sort of distraction will buy you all the time and breathing room you need to make your escape.

Now you don't even need to actually blow anything up. Just leave a few empty pressure cookers (or pots that look like pressure cookers) in backpacks around the city and Greater Boston will grind to a halt while Deval calls in the storm troopers.

Last edited:
If it has not been said already....

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Franklin"

I would open the door and step outside. No consent to search. Answering with a rifle in ones hand would likely end very poorly.

Now you don't even need to actually blow anything up. Just leave a empty few pressure cookers (or pots that look like pressure cookers) in backpacks around the city and Greater Boston will grind to a halt while Deval calls in the storm troopers.

Yep, the subtext being that residents of cities like Boston truly are sheep who get spooked into hiding by random acts of violence, and who won't come out until their masters tell them that they should.

Now you don't even need to actually blow anything up. Just leave a empty few pressure cookers (or pots that look like pressure cookers) in backpacks around the city and Greater Boston will grind to a halt while Deval calls in the storm troopers.

...and resources that are in one place cannot simultaneously be somewhere else.

+1
The goal of terrorist is to fundamentally change our way of life. It would appear thus far that they are succeeding.

Just because we got the bad guy doesn't mean we won.

proactive vs. reactive

Last edited:
Yep, the subtext being that residents of cities like Boston truly are sheep who get spooked into hiding by random acts of violence, and who won't come out until their masters tell them that they should.

Exactly. Part of my outrage over this affair is the amount of people who don't understand their God given rights that are protected by the Constitution and Bill of Rights. How many people knew they could refuse the search? How many people knew they could refuse , but were intimidated by the light infantry at their front steps, and subsequently consented? We're not conditioned to be independent anymore; we're conditioned to fit in.
I wonder how these searches would have gone in a different part of the country where they cherish their rights more dearly than us peasants in the northeast.

...Who... in your "expert" opinion, should not have participated in bringing the "kitchen Sink" ?? Who, and what exactly, draws the line in the sand to say, " UH OH they brought the Kitchen sink, they should never have done that".?????

They could have left at home: DEA, "Gang Task Force", for starters. I know they had dogs, but I wonder if any dog catchers showed up. Really, I wonder if they did, just from hearing it and wanting "In!".

Just for one example. For me it would be enough, but you might be a little tougher than me.
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-az-jose-guerena-shot-60-times-swat-team.html

Framingham Police Department: Paul Duncan, Killer Cop

Now you don't even need to actually blow anything up. Just leave a few empty pressure cookers (or pots that look like pressure cookers) in backpacks around the city and Greater Boston will grind to a halt while Deval calls in the storm troopers.

Or one of these, for all the irony:
three%20quarter%20-%20quart%20bean%20pot.jpg

Exactly. Part of my outrage over this affair is the amount of people who don't understand their God given rights that are protected by the Constitution and Bill of Rights. How many people knew they could refuse the search? How many people knew they could refuse , but were intimidated by the light infantry at their front steps, and subsequently consented? We're not conditioned to be independent anymore; we're conditioned to fit in.
I wonder how these searches would have gone in a different part of the country where they cherish their rights more dearly than us peasants in the northeast.

Yeah, but did you ever consider maybe people are not as stupid as you portray them? Maybe they ARE aware of their rights, and chose to do what was prudent at the time DESPITE knowing this. Does that make it a bad thing?

Yeah, but did you ever consider maybe people are not as stupid as you portray them? Maybe they ARE aware of their rights, and chose to do what was prudent at the time DESPITE knowing this. Does that make it a bad thing?[/QUOTE]

YES YES YES you can never give up your RIGHTS

Yeah, but did you ever consider maybe people are not as stupid as you portray them? Maybe they ARE aware of their rights, and chose to do what was prudent at the time DESPITE knowing this. Does that make it a bad thing?

Prudent? I think I would know if someone broke into my house. I don't need the Gestapo to search it for me. And if someone broke into my house, the police might never even know about it.

Prudent? I think I would know if someone broke into my house. I don't need the Gestapo to search it for me. And if someone broke into my house, the police might never even know about it.

Yeah, but that's you. What about someone who went to bed that night and left their cellar or garage unlocked, or they thought they heard a bump? Or maybe not everyone is like you, with the capability of clearing houses. Heck, if I came home and saw my house was broken into, and everyone was safely outside, I would call the cops to come clear it. Why not? Ill admit it, they are better at that stuff than I am, and besides, I'd be filing a report with them anyhow for insurance.

Yeah, but that's you. What about someone who went to bed that night and left their cellar or garage unlocked, or they thought they heard a bump? Or maybe not everyone is like you, with the capability of clearing houses. Heck, if I came home and saw my house was broken into, and everyone was safely outside, I would call the cops to come clear it. Why not? Ill admit it, they are better at that stuff than I am, and besides, I'd be filing a report with them anyhow for insurance.

What if Hitler won? The point of your statement is that you called the cops to clear your house (THAT WAS NOT THE CASE IN NEWTOWN) YOU NEVER GIVE UP YOUR RIGHTS) now that it was ok to do this time you will see more of it

My main problem with what happened is that they acted as though the resources were infinite and made a pretty serious display of that.

Between 6pm on Thursday and 6am on Friday, Boston transformed into a police state. It was surreal.

The resources were pretty much infinite, the federal checkbook was opened and the complete disregard for expense went into full swing.
I'll bet that none of the responding cities and towns will be paying anything out of their own budgets for all the overtime or resources involved, its all going to come out of federal monies.
Anyone with any knowledge or proof to the contrary should post it.

Yes, I've considered that many times and they've proved otherwise 99.999999% of the time.

Lets be serious? I don't think you are looking at this in the correct light. They had all surrounding cities and state police involved, Swat teams, ATF, FBI, Homeland Security and National Guard. Units came down from NH and I believe other States as well. All looking for 1 person. Most logical people would consider that the "kitchen sink".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom